Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-06-20, 11:13 AM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sherry. They actually just moved to a much bigger building so at the moment space isn't an issue for them. They even have room to spread the fitness equipment out now!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 11:26 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Actually, I think the practice I liked is led by Beverly. I have not done it in a long time. The instructor has short hair. Jean looks like the actress Roma Downey pre plastic surgery
thanks Sherry - i need to pull it out and try it. been busy doing other workouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Awesome deal, Karla! I wish the thrift store I go to would lower the price on the Pilates tower that they have had for many months!
i had the same thought as others - ask them in a nice way. it will free up space on their floor too! let us know what happens.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 12:04 PM  
Vantreesta

https://www.amazon.com/Supreme-Refor.../dp/B07VMBJTFJ

The one at the thrift store is similar to this but it's missing the spring handles (previously I saw it had one but once they moved they must have realized it should have two and took it off).
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 12:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Actually, I think the practice I liked is led by Beverly. I have not done it in a long time. The instructor has short hair. Jean looks like the actress Roma Downey pre plastic surgery
i finally did this last night - did the entire thing. this was the first time I've done a YZ workout with Beverly Murphy. she was great - she does look like Roma, and i also thought of Bonnie Franklin from One Day At a Time too.

the practices had some standing moves, and the 2 practices were almost identical. i liked it.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 06-10-20, 12:04 PM  
sherry7899

I am glad you enjoyed them!
If you like "one day at a time" the free streaming app Pluto Tv now has the first six seasons.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-20, 07:08 PM  
wendug

Took my first trip to the thrift store since the pandemic started. It wasn't very busy and everyone had masks on (although many didn't have their noses covered, which I see too often. ) Anyway, I picked up Margaret Richard Unplugged vol. 4 for 3 bucks. Honestly, I'm not too familiar with Margaret's workouts, but I know many think highly of her. I did the first workout on the dvd and quite enjoyed it. There is no music in this set, and I didn't even play any. I just focused on the moves and the workout went quickly.
Old 06-13-20, 06:26 PM  
fanofladyvols

Yipes, pay attention to the arrows at the Tampa Goodwill!!

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...7dy-story.html

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-20, 06:47 AM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

So glad the Goodwill stores here don’t have arrows! I haven’t practiced karate in some time :-)
Old 06-14-20, 05:42 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Strengthen & Restore Yoga by Trudie Styler, $2.50. can't beat that!

Old 06-14-20, 08:46 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

Yikes!

Our Goodwills have been pretty peaceful, lol.

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds