Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-10, 06:37 AM  
MJ525

Be a Knockout with Kendra

Has anyone tried this yet, I saw the clip on Amazon.
I was just wondering what your thoughts were
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-10, 08:47 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

This is available on On Demand. I did the 7 minute kickboxing and the bonus 10 min booty toning segments today. Between the two, this strikes me as another generic celebrity-driven fitness DVD. It's fine, but unless you really like her, you can do better. As usual, the celebrity is constantly mugging for attention, the trainer is constantly praising the celebrity, and everybody's pretending the workout is far harder than it is.

It is not a sexy DVD, but there are a couple of slightly sexy moves in it. There is a tiny bit of language, in case you plan on working out in front of little kiddos. Kendra's form seemed fine to me, but she does speed up moves a lot after he sets the pace (which is okay because some could go faster anyway) and also stops in the middle of them to talk or crack herself up. That confused me at first; I figured we were done so I stopped as well. I am pretty sure they didn't spend a lot of time filming or rehearsing.

There was nothing weighted on those two sections I did and most moves had 10-15 reps or were done for 30 seconds. The moves just weren't that tough or interesting when done for that short of time. Perhaps it would make a good beginner workout or a post-pregnancy DVD, as it is here for Kendra, who says she's doing this to recover her old figure. But you would have to be a fan of hers to appreciate this. And the pictures of her on the wall and the walk-on by her husband and baby, etc., etc.

She also is demonstrating a move for her glutes and says something to the effect of how it works to reduce the muffin-top (although she actually calls it a mushroom top, which the trainer says would be even worse than a muffin. ) The two seem to have a nice rapport. The trainer sometimes puts harder names on things than need be. For instance, instead of saying, "always come back to a jog," he constantly says, "let's go to our home base move." Which is a jog. But overall, I stick with "this workout is fine, but you can do better."

One good thing: Kendra's body isn't back to what it was before the baby, and she has a nice, healthy & positive attitude about that, complimenting the parts she likes a lot and saying that her abs will get there soon.
Old 07-19-10, 09:24 AM  
lorajc

I have this and did all of the cardio (exluding the butt part) the other day. I liked it. I'm not a huge Kendra fan and I didn't notice any language (but I don't have kids either). I liked the trainer and I liked that it was based on sports moves and was easy to follow and athletic drills. I thought it was a little fun. I got a decent workout. You can actually make this as hard or as easy as you want to. I forgot to mark down my max HR and calorie burn the other day when I did this, but I remember I had a decent workout.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 06:28 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Old 08-19-10, 07:02 PM  
neatski

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post

To each their own, but I wouldn't buy a workout dvd from someone who can't seem to lose the weight via the method she is promoting and opts instead for surgery.
Agreed.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 07:05 PM  
mtnmom

I don't think Kendra is known for her DVD marketing skills.
Old 08-19-10, 07:37 PM  
evenstar

Kendra who? I don't remember a celebrity Kendra.
evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 07:39 PM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstar View Post
Kendra who? I don't remember a celebrity Kendra.
She was one of Hef's girlfriends in the Girls Next Door.

ETA - I'm embarrassed to say I know that.
Old 08-19-10, 07:43 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Old 08-19-10, 08:14 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, what a thing to be famous for. You couldn't give me her DVD for free.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
be a knockout with kendra, kendra wilkinson