Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-10, 08:35 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Good luck with your surgery Ronda, hope you heal quickly & get to go to Turbo Camp next year

We have a ton of thrift stores in our area & a chain of pawn type shops called Cash Converters so I am finding great things on a regular basis. My son jokes me because I am constantly buying things (a lot are to resell on our website but some for me too) and I still have a whole office full of DVDs/videos to get rid of. My most recent good finds have been Weight Watchers Get Moving (new) for $4 which ended up selling for almost $40 on Amazon, some Winsor Pilates DVDs for $2 each and I got Slim in 6, Keep It Up & a couple Slim Series DVDs for $2 each. I just love thrift stores, it's like a treasure hunt every time!!!
Old 04-22-10, 08:49 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Good luck, Ronda. Hope you get to use all your toys sooner than you think.

So Roleez, do you get good stuff at pawn shops? I have only looked in a couple, but I have not found anything remotely interesting.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 08:58 PM  
roleez
VF Supporter

Quote:
So Roleez, do you get good stuff at pawn shops? I have only looked in a couple, but I have not found anything remotely interesting.
You know, the Cash Converters stores are the only pawn shops that I bother going to. The rest of them don't really have workout DVDs (and one told me they don't even accept them) so I stopped trying pawn shops.
Old 04-23-10, 05:12 PM  
Eibhinn

I used to live in a fairly small city/big town and would find fun things at Thrift shops and used clothing stores all of the time. I moved to a bigger city two years ago and in my experience the second hand shops here are terrible -- overpriced, and with really bad selection. That being said, I've never had any real luck finding fitness equipment or dvds second hand. My best find in the past year was a vintage leather Coach bag for $4, which I found when I was visiting at home.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 07:51 PM  
CharM

For you lurkers/posters in the Sunnyvale, CA area, Goodwill has:

the home step: I think the platform was $5, risers $4.50 - located in the housewares section

dvd: starting at $3.49
10 MS kickbox bootcamp w/Keli Roberts
Kathy Kaehler
some bellydance workout
Budokon weight loss system
Tae Bo something or other
Jari Get Ripped to the Core
Leslie - Jenny Craig brisk walk

tons of vhs:
Winsor Pilates, individuals start at $0.79, there was a set but I didn't see the price
BSS1 - sealed $1.99
tons of Tae Bo starting at $0.99
Crunch
MTV The Grind
Kathy Smith
Denise Austin
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-10, 08:58 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I haven't gotten anything, but library used book sales are starting up in our area! In fact, DH and I are going to one a week from tonight; last year at this same sale, I bought a Slim Series 2-DVD set for just $3.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pawn shops, thrift store finds