Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-18, 06:10 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

workouts that you have multiple copies of

I have multiple copies of several DVD titles for various reasons.

*Yoga Zone for Conditioning and Stress Release
^The Firm Volume 1
><Slim in 6 with 50 min version of Start it Up
+Strong and Streamlined - Karen Voight

*this was OOP for a time, causing huge price spikes
^I have two of the GT DVD version, and 1 FF version
>this is OOP
<i also have the version with the shorter Start It Up, and i have the re-filmed set too
+the middle spindle is so "tight" that i cracked my original disc trying to get it out. this version was OOP for a while, and then i bought a couple more copies as backups. it has 2 hours of content and a mix/match option.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 07:20 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

To the best of my knowledge (I have hundreds of DVDs) I only have one multiple copy of Ellen's Firm and Burn Pilates which I've purchased as a back up, fully knowing that I already have one. I like this workout and It was only $1 at my library's used books sale. No way I could pass it up.
Old 12-04-18, 07:59 PM  
geojill

Rainbeau Mars Pure Tranquility. Love it!
Old 12-04-18, 08:32 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Love this workout also! I should pickup a 2nd copy when I see for cheap.

I only intentional duplicate DVDs I have is Cathe’s STS Meso 3, including the Squat Rack additional disks. I saw it at a thrift store, packaged differently than my copy, and I thought I had found DVDs by Cathe that I didn’t have. I didn’t think that was possible, but I was so excited that another customer looking at the DVDs asked if I was OK.

Edited to add: I returned to the thrift store a couple times soon after finding Meso 3, hoping to find Meso 1 and 2, but they didn’t appear.
Old 12-04-18, 09:01 PM  
bubbles76

Christi Taylor's Fantastic Four, Amy Bento Slo Mo, WHFN Kickbutt Lean, and Amy Bento ASC2. These are the only duplicates I can think of off the top of my head. There may be some accidental duplicates though
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-18, 09:06 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
Love this workout also! I should pickup a 2nd copy when I see for cheap.
so this became an enabling trigger for me - our library doesn't carry any of her DVDs, so i found it for $7 incl shipping on ebay. Amazon also has pretty decent prices for the DVD version too - around $10-12 incl shipping.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 12-04-18, 09:26 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
so this became an enabling trigger for me - our library doesn't carry any of her DVDs, so i found it for $7 incl shipping on ebay. Amazon also has pretty decent prices for the DVD version too - around $10-12 incl shipping.
Bzar-I think you will love it!
Old 12-04-18, 10:54 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
Nice! I really do love it. I have 3 copies (one I did lend out and would be okay if she kept it). I like vinyasa yoga, but actually do this video the most. It’s seated, it’s filmed in Hawaii with the ocean behind her, and is just so lovely! Good for stressful days, too.
Old 12-04-18, 11:03 PM  
sherry7899

I have not done Pure Tranquility in years! Thanks for the reminder! I originally had the four VHS set I bought at Ross but then bought this one on dvd.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-18, 01:27 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Nice! I really do love it. I have 3 copies (one I did lend out and would be okay if she kept it). I like vinyasa yoga, but actually do this video the most. It’s seated, it’s filmed in Hawaii with the ocean behind her, and is just so lovely! Good for stressful days, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I have not done Pure Tranquility in years! Thanks for the reminder! I originally had the four VHS set I bought at Ross but then bought this one on dvd.
it comes as a 4-workout set - what are the other 3 like? the fact that you got Pure Tranquility on DVD says a lot.

Tags
oop, vintage workouts