Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-17, 10:36 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
...wait till he tastes the Chicken Tikka recipe I have planned for tonight!
I have to try doing the eggs that way, but..... Chicken Tikka Masala?! Please share the recipe! Or did I miss it upthread? I'll look.....
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 06:31 PM  
gladgirl

Bee
This is the recipe I found and doubled.
http://www.wholesomelicious.com/slow...-tikka-masala/
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-17, 11:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Aw, thanks, gladgirl! I'll give it a whirl!! I did hard boiled eggs earlier today and they were..... perfection! I'm so thrilled!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-17, 08:51 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

I made gladgirl's chicken masala tonight with my sister's help using her Nesco pressure cooker. We had to cook the chicken longer than the recipe called for and our end product was soupier than expected, even with quite a bit of instant potato flakes added as a thickener, but we both enjoyed it. We would definitely make it again.

We're excited about trying hard-boiled eggs because since moving to this town we can't peel eggs. We never had trouble before so we assume something to do the water quality.

Now I want an InstaPot of my own!

-------
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 03:46 PM  
LynnO
VF Supporter

Made black bean soup from canned stuff. It is meh. It did cook and go on warm while I was taking a quick class at the gym. The meh was that I didn't use a recipe, so that wasn't helpful. I'll eat it though.

Must use actual recipes. The chicken masala is one good idea, definitely going to try that.
LynnO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-17, 08:55 PM  
gladgirl

DH came home with veal and asked me to make a stew. OMG it was delicious!
No leftovers, yet.
What extras do you all have/use? Extra rings? Extra inner pat? Trivet for pot in pot cooking? Favorite cookbooks?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 08:05 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Gadget gal here

So I have lots of extras (all recommended on the FB communities of course!)
I love love love doing eggs in mine. I have never had so many hard boiled eggs in all my life. I use This Old Gal's recipe. (none of that 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 nonsense!!!) Just throw them in the instant pot, cook and remove. And VOILA! truly could not be simpler. I've been eating lots of pickled eggs. YAY .....

Ok, gadgets:

I have the Euro strainer for yogurt. Phenonominal!

https://www.amazon.com/Euro-Cuisine-...yogurt+straner

Yes, I could use cheesecloth, but I'm lazy and all about easy.

I have the following strainer:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Break off the handles (bend them back and forth and back and forth) and the strainer fits perfectly in the IP. This is what I put my eggs in. And yes! all in one basket. Lol ... ok, I obviously need more coffee. I see it's not available right now from Amazon. I do have another strainer, but it's much smaller (that I bought at Job Lot)

I just looked at my previous orders from amazon and boy do I have a lot for the IP. I have:
  • an extra glass lid
  • 7 inch spring form pan for cheesecake (which is delicious btw)
  • set of the mini cheesecake springform pans
  • a cookbook
  • freezer containers
  • freezer tape to mark them (perfect for bone broth)
  • IP Inner Pot liner (pot in pot cooking)
  • Extra seal for sweet ... or savory?!?
  • Mason Jars for my yogurt (and I want to get the reusable white plastic lids for them too!
  • Trivet - but that came with it

So obviously, I went a little crazy. I must admit though, I pretty much use all the accesories.

I got the IP on Black Friday - but unlike Pat58 -- I had an irrational fear of the entire pot and didn't start using it till after Christmas. My mom had the old silver stovetop kind that has the little whistley-top hat? And almost burned the house down making lima beans. It's the first and only memory I have of pressure cookers, so I was quite intimidated by this. Oh and Mom threw out the Pressure cooker and refused to buy/use one ever again!!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 08:23 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thanks for the accessories recommendations Cleda - I've had my eye on that steamer basket for a long time.

We are scheduled to get snowed in tomorrow and I plan to make chicken stock and black beans from scratch to freeze, and then the chicken tikka, so my IP will be getting a workout. Will report!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 09:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

This link looks pretty good - I'm going to try the dairy free potato soup with kale.

16 Instant Pot Recipes That Make Cooking Crazy Easy
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-17, 09:16 AM  
sherry7899

Cleda-what is this Old Lady's timing for hard boiled eggs? I may actually finally use mine later today.

We don't keep ice in the freezer, so all these suggestions for plunging them into ice water won't work for me.

Thanks!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instant pot, nutritional yeast, steel cut oats