Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-17, 05:41 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Eggs ...

Are the MAIN reason I got my Instant Pot. And they should be perfectly fine. I do NOT do the 5-5-5 method or 6-6-6 method ... I use This Old Gal's recipe of putting them in, cooking for 2 minutes and natural release (I think) for 15 mins. And they are done and perfect!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-17, 08:36 PM  
jenn38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Skinnytaste posted a unstuffed cabbage bowl recipe for the Instant Pot. I am not a fan of cabbage, but in case anyone else is:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/un-stuffe...-or-stove-top/
This recipe is really good.
Old 04-14-17, 10:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
Are the MAIN reason I got my Instant Pot. And they should be perfectly fine. I do NOT do the 5-5-5 method or 6-6-6 method ... I use This Old Gal's recipe of putting them in, cooking for 2 minutes and natural release (I think) for 15 mins. And they are done and perfect!

Cleda
Steam for 2? I'm going to try that -- I like the natural release better. I feel like I'm ruining the wood in my kitchen every time I force the release (I forget what that's called).
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-17, 06:28 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

This was the EASIEST

and best recipe ever I found for the eggs.
PERFECT every time. No brainer for me.
No messing with ice water. No messing with anything .....

https://thisoldgal.com/pressure-cook...d-boiled-eggs/

Hope it works for you.
Cleda
Old 04-15-17, 06:40 AM  
sherry7899

I use the same recipe Cleda does. I've had great luck with it. I can cook and bake well, but for some reason when I made hard boiled eggs on the stove they were a nightmare to peel, no matter if I used ice baths, etc. This recipe is so easy.

Of course now that I have a foolproof hard boiled egg method, our son is way too old for coloring Easter eggs

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-17, 07:38 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Sherry ...

I so agree with you. lol.

I just put 18 eggs in so that I can make some pickled eggs and have eggs for egg salad for the week. I don't think I've ever had the (luxury) of so many wonderful hard boiled eggs.

I used the IP last night for making an Oreo Cheesecake for Easter dinner at my son's !!! Looks yummy. I liked this better then another recipe I tried. So I can honestly say? Between eggs & bone broth alone, the pot has paid for itself. Now if I would just debox the Air Fryer!!!!

Enjoy the day.
Cleda
Old 04-16-17, 08:03 AM  
Lannette

Cleda,

You say you put 18 eggs in. Is it ok that they touch one another? I was only doing 6 at a time to avoid having them touch and they worked well for coloring.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-17, 08:19 AM  
sherry7899

Cleda-I have the same question, please. How do you stack them to fit so many in? I think the most I would do it 8-12.

Thanks!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-17, 07:18 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I made babyback ribs & two potatoes in my IP today. Amazing. I used salt & pepper on the ribs & put them in the pot on the rack. Added 2 cups of apple juice & a scant 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.(I have an 8 qt.) Put the potatoes in the center. I cooked them for 28 minutes.(Could have been less time) Let them natural release for 15 minutes. Put the ribs on the broiler pan, slathered on Sweet Baby Ray's barbeque sauce & broiled on each side for about 4 minutes. I left the oven door shut so the oven wasn't constantly heating. Dh made coleslaw & I steamed asparagus from our garden. Delicious & best of all there are leftovers!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-17, 09:44 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Yum this looks delicious - 1/2 cup of soy sauce is a lot of sodium though (even for "low sodium" soy sauce) so I would do 1/2 water and 1/2 soy sauce.

Flo Lum Teriyaki Chicken
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instant pot, nutritional yeast, steel cut oats