Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-14, 01:47 PM  
spotted zebra

I'm surprised no one has said anything about Brooke leaving since there were so many complaints about her here before.

I'm not suspicious about the switch up. I think viewers will vote however they might like to vote. I probably won't always agree with the majority votes, but I don't think it will all be entirely predictable either. So for me that's a good thing. As nervous as some of the celebs (and pros) are about the switch up, for some it may end up being a blessing in disguise just getting another pro's perspective.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 03:52 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted zebra View Post
I'm surprised no one has said anything about Brooke leaving since there were so many complaints about her here before.

I'm not suspicious about the switch up. I think viewers will vote however they might like to vote. I probably won't always agree with the majority votes, but I don't think it will all be entirely predictable either. So for me that's a good thing. As nervous as some of the celebs (and pros) are about the switch up, for some it may end up being a blessing in disguise just getting another pro's perspective.
Brooke leaving was discussed in the other DWTS thread (I think last year's) so that's why nobody brought it up here. I don't mind her being gone but I just wish that they didn't replace her with Erin.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-14, 04:32 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Brooke leaving was discussed in the other DWTS thread (I think last year's) so that's why nobody brought it up here. I don't mind her being gone but I just wish that they didn't replace her with Erin.
Aha! That explains it! Thanks for taking the time to explain. I went back to read those comments.

I wasn't rooting for Erin when she was on the show dancing, but I think she may have more insightful comments than Brooke did as co-host. I'd like to keep an open mind about all the changes, including the band leaving, and see how it goes with these changes. Sometimes change can be a good thing to shake things up a bit and I'm hoping for the best. In any event I can't wait to see the dancing begin, even if I'm in the minority here on this forum. It feels like it's been too long since I've had my dance fix.
Old 03-09-14, 04:48 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Aha! That explains it! Thanks for taking the time to explain. I went back to read those comments.

I wasn't rooting for Erin when she was on the show dancing, but I think she may have more insightful comments than Brooke did as co-host. I'd like to keep an open mind about all the changes, including the band leaving, and see how it goes with these changes. Sometimes change can be a good thing to shake things up a bit and I'm hoping for the best. In any event I can't wait to see the dancing begin, even if I'm in the minority here on this forum. It feels like it's been too long since I've had my dance fix.
I think that Erin will definitely have more to say than Brooke but judging from the online comments, people don't want to hear what she has to say. I'm sure that I won't be able to tolerate her. She's been getting negative press online.
Old 03-09-14, 06:35 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
I think that Erin will definitely have more to say than Brooke but judging from the online comments, people don't want to hear what she has to say. I'm sure that I won't be able to tolerate her. She's been getting negative press online.
Fair enough.

I'm pretty sure I won't mind Erin, certainly not enough to boycott the show. I didn't mind Brooke that much either. They're only co-hosts after all. (There's also the fastforward button to skip to the dancing parts). My co-workers and friends outside of work are looking forward to the start of the new season too. So it seems some of the negativity is centered online, which can be quite harsh even at the best of times.
Old 03-09-14, 10:00 PM  
suegy3

Quote:
Fair enough.

I'm pretty sure I won't mind Erin, certainly not enough to boycott the show. I didn't mind Brooke that much either. They're only co-hosts after all. (There's also the fastforward button to skip to the dancing parts). My co-workers and friends outside of work are looking forward to the start of the new season too. So it seems some of the negativity is centered online, which can be quite harsh even at the best of times.
Erin's not the only reason that I'm not watching. I don't want to see Maks either and I'm just kinda over the show anyway. But I'll still probably come here and read the posts to see what's going on.
Old 03-10-14, 01:53 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Erin's not the only reason that I'm not watching. I don't want to see Maks either and I'm just kinda over the show anyway. But I'll still probably come here and read the posts to see what's going on.
I will miss reading your DWTS thoughts on the show. I agree with bringing back Maks especially since Tristan is out. Boo!! Tristan was so patient with his celebrities, had a funny sense of humor, and good looking.
Old 03-10-14, 02:04 PM  
mle777

I follow Candace Cameron Bure and Mark on Instagram and it looks like the two of them are having a good time together. She said that she's exhausted!

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-14, 02:07 PM  
videofit

Haven't watched the show in years and don't plan to but someone PLEASE post links to any routines Diana Nyad does. She is a PHENOM!
Old 03-10-14, 02:35 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I will miss reading your DWTS thoughts on the show. I agree with bringing back Maks especially since Tristan is out. Boo!! Tristan was so patient with his celebrities, had a funny sense of humor, and good looking.
Do you know why Tristan isn't on this season? He just got married I think, so maybe he asked for a temporary break?

Tags
dancing with the stars, dwts