Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-04-14, 08:20 PM  
daisyduke

Can we discuss online YOGA streaming please?

I would love to discuss your favorite online streaming yoga sites. I tried a month on Udaya and really enjoyed it but their collection is somewhat limited in the 60 minute inter advance levels. I think I did almost all of them as I do a 60 minute practice daily. I love the athleticism and the challenging practices. I love how they pick a pose and have you work up to it... ie. Headstand or handstand.

There are soooo many online yoga sites. What are your favorites please and why? Has anyone tried yogisanonymous.com? It seems to have several in that 60 minute inter advanced range. Thanks!
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 08:53 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I hesitate to sign up for any of the pay yoga streaming sites as I think they charge a lot. I do a lot of practices from these free sites:
http://www.doyogawithme.com/
http://www.doyouyoga.com/
I have a few favorite yogis on youtube too:
Yogi Nora
Yoga with Adriene
Mark Laham Yoga
Live Exercise

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 09:38 PM  
Vee

I am currently subscribed to udaya.

I have tried yogatoday and think it is equally good as udaya. The practices tend to be longer, though of late they have been shooting shorter sequences. There is more variety in styles. Adi Amar does ashtanga/power sequences, Neesha has a John Friend/alignment lineage, Sarah Kline does kundalini/kripalu/ashtanga blends and is the only kundalini I actually enjoy because she stays clear of the chants, Amanda Botur and Simon Park have a Shiva Rea lineage. They used to have the widest library among yoga sites, but right now, they only keep a limited set available at any point of time, which they keep switching.

Myyogaonline/Gaiam has the widest content and variety of teachers including many dvd practices available. This is also just as good as udaya in my experience. They offer styles apart from yoga like pilates and barre and after the gaiam merger even the cardio/firm content from gaiam. They have a variety of length options.

For free yoga, I like Ali Kamenova from youtube.

I haven't tried any other yoga sites.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-14, 09:39 PM  
rose181

I'm a member of both My Yoga Online (recently changed to Gaiamtv.com) and YogaGlo. I switch back and forth and love both. Love them for the top rate instructors and varied lengths and levels. Some mornings I only have time or energy for a 15 minute practice. Other days I do a complete 90 minutes or one of the workshops. I have doing yoga daily for over a year now and having these streaming sites is a huge reason why. Definitely worth the money IMO.
rose181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 04:30 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

I'm another fan of YogaGlo! YogaGlo has over 3,000 classes available and several more are added each week. The variety is huge. Classes range from 15 minutes to 90 minutes; from easy beginner level to advanced; gentle evening and bedtime sessions to vigorous practices; and all styles including hatha, kundalini, restorative, yin. There are also short tutorials, such as in-depth look at a specific asana to quick wrist releasers and guided meditations. World-class teachers. Besides streaming, you can have six classes downloaded onto your mobile device at any time, in order to use when you're not connected. I've had the same experience as Rose - I've been able to do yoga everyday because of streaming.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 06:51 AM  
daisyduke

Thank you for sharing. Yoga Glo is sounding good. Do any of these sites have music with their practices?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 07:32 AM  
Dabbadooey

I like yoga international. Their classes are free, and the instructors are the non celebrity type.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 07:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

YogaGlo is worth the subscription price to me. There are so many therapeutic practices on there by instructors that I love. To me, $18 per month is justified by my savings in no longer visiting chiropractors and physical therapists. As a bonus, there are meditations and Kia Miller's Kundalini practices which I love. I can practice with Rod Stryker Tias Little and there are sweet restoratives and gentle hatha yoga with Amy Ippoliti, and long and luscious Yin and restorative practices with Felicia Tomasko, a level 500 RYT and an RN who also teaches Ayurvedic practices.

And that's just for my brand of yoga - there are plenty of athletic, arm balancing, head standing and level 3 tough yoga teachers, too.

YogaGlo has some music, depending on the instructor. Most that I have tried do not.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 12:01 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee View Post
I am currently subscribed to udaya.

[...]

Myyogaonline/Gaiam has the widest content and variety of teachers including many dvd practices available. This is also just as good as udaya in my experience. They offer styles apart from yoga like pilates and barre and after the gaiam merger even the cardio/firm content from gaiam. They have a variety of length options.

I haven't tried any other yoga sites.
Shoutout to Myyogaonline/Gaiam.

Myyogaonline (in its former incarnation) taught me more belly dance than it did yoga. For yoga, in particular, I went to yogadownload and doyogawithme.com. It's the downloads, baby ...

I do not have transmission speed. Myyogaonline got rid of offline licensure of the downloads. A deal breaker for me. BUT:

You go on ahead: Gaiam is wonderful, they've got movies; not just movement routines!

It's like a little mindfulness college-in-a-box ...
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 01:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

TinierTina, it sounds like gaiam/myo is going to have the download feature again -- they say they are working on it. I am a very recent subscriber to this and I'm quite happy. I think it's $9.95/month but I believe they have some good trial deals. They seem to have a good variety of instructors, types, and lengths, as well as a small amount of pilates/barre stuff. You might want to check it out.

I think I may have tried yoga glow at some point, I'm not sure, but I'll probably give it a go at some point, too.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
streaming yoga