Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-14, 09:58 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

Suzanne Bowen's new ones

Has anyone done either of Suzanne's new DVDs? What do you think and do you like them? Please post your thoughts and thanks.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 03:39 AM  
daimere

I ordered them and I haven't recieved them. I am hoping to get the Monday so that I can have plenty of time to try them out (night off).
daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 04:12 AM  
daisyfit

I'll let you know when the arrive. Can't wait to try them.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 07:14 AM  
rosepetals

Mine arrived yesterday. I have to go out of town, so I can't watch them yet.
rosepetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 11:56 AM  
Orlita

I watched the arms section of Boot Camp (got both DVDs) and it looks fantastic. I'm really happy I got them. But I'll check back in once I've done them. I bought so many DVDs in December, including a bunch of barre DVDs, it'll take a while to get through them. I was thinking about a "1 not-yet-done DVD per month in 2014" challenge. Who am I kidding? I could do 1 per week and still have untouched DVDs in Dec. 2014.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 01:53 PM  
momofcha

I just finished barre amped. Keep in mind I am currently taking Pure Barre classes, the snow just wouldn't allow me to leave my house today.

First impressions - she talks. A LOT! I think this would be great for beginners as she gives a ton of form pointers. I'm much more used to P57 and the pure barre classes & I much prefer that.

That being said the workout was good. I got a nice burn.

Warm up
Light weights focusing on shoulders, no bicep work
Thighs - I'm used to much more intensity here - just when I was feeling the burn she stopped. She also stretched and then did another set
Seat work - standing
Seat work pretzel. She's really confident here that she knows the best way to explain pretzel to because she's like "I'm going to show you how to do pretzel right"
Upper body work - mat work
Abs - pretty short section
Stretching

All in all I liked it, and I'm very glad I was able to split the set with someone else. Is it a must have? No. Is it different than many of the other barre DVDs - no.

Since I'm doing barre classes that is my preference. On the days I can't make it to the studio I will most likely pull out a P57 or even a pure barre before I would pull this one out.

Hth

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 02:31 PM  
mchelle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
I just finished barre amped. Keep in mind I am currently taking Pure Barre classes, the snow just wouldn't allow me to leave my house today.

First impressions - she talks. A LOT! I think this would be great for beginners as she gives a ton of form pointers. I'm much more used to P57 and the pure barre classes & I much prefer that.

That being said the workout was good. I got a nice burn.

Warm up
Light weights focusing on shoulders, no bicep work
Thighs - I'm used to much more intensity here - just when I was feeling the burn she stopped. She also stretched and then did another set
Seat work - standing
Seat work pretzel. She's really confident here that she knows the best way to explain pretzel to because she's like "I'm going to show you how to do pretzel right"
Upper body work - mat work
Abs - pretty short section
Stretching

All in all I liked it, and I'm very glad I was able to split the set with someone else. Is it a must have? No. Is it different than many of the other barre DVDs - no.

Since I'm doing barre classes that is my preference. On the days I can't make it to the studio I will most likely pull out a P57 or even a pure barre before I would pull this one out.

Hth
Thanks for your opinion on this you have saved me some money as I really like p57 sounds like I would prefer what I already have thank you
mchelle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 03:42 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
Sounds good to me! I'm just starting back with barre after a Loooooong hiatus and I need some "easier" workouts! This is on my wishlist!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 03:43 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Thanks, Sue, for your detailed report. I was thinking it may not be intense enough, even though I do like Suzanne.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 04:04 PM  
hotncmom

I am waiting for clips from Mary as I'm still on the fence. I was hoping these would be somewhat challenging. Mary has them available for sale but no clips yet.

I am not a big fan of pretzel so I hope that's not a long segment.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote