Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-13, 09:20 AM  
sherry7899

do you stock up in advance on exercise shoes

I found Saucony shoes on Zappos that were really comfortable.I had never tried this brand before. I ordered them in black and white. I'm debating whether to keep both pairs for when the first pair wears out. They were not on sale, but they are SO comfortable I don't care . I think I will try out one pair during a workout (I only tried them on and walked around the house so far) and then decide whether to keep both of them. They are technically "walking" shoes, not cross trainers, but they seem to have good lateral support.

I've had at least three styles of Avia cross trainers that I really like get discontinued and it's been hard to find other shoes for exercise that are as comfortable. I need wide width, so I can't even find wide width cross trainers in stores anymore. I didn't find New Balance shoes comfortable, and that seems to be the only brand in wide width in stores.

I used to find the Avia cross trainers in wide width at Kohl's, but they don't seem to stock them anymore. They probably have them online, but I don't want to pay for shipping both ways if they don't feel comfortable.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 09:39 AM  
mabyrd1

I just bought a pair of AVIA at Kolhs yesterday but they were runners and not wide but they did have them in wide (I did not need wide). LOVE them and the best part they were on sale for 27.99 reg 68.00!!! I do have a pair of the Saucony too and they are cross trains and I really like them too!! Keep checking out Kolhs in your area maybe the will have them if that is really what you want but I notice they did not have many (could be because they were on sale)!Good luck!!

Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 09:44 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Yes! I ordered a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 12 a few months ago. It's a running shoe, but it's great for walking. I liked the shoes so much that I ordered another pair in white (and that color happened to be discounted). Seems like whenever I find an athletic shoe that I LOVE, the style is discontinued the following year.

Anyway, I vote for keeping both pairs of shoes. And isn't Zappos just the greatest?

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 10:03 AM  
wagardsmith

I have a hard time finding shoes that fit (my pediatrist said I have the highest arches he has ever seen). Every time I find a pair of shoes I like I buy at least two pairs because I probably won't be able to get them again. I've worn Nike, Adidas, Asics and New Balance in the past five years, and every time I go to get another pair I find they have changed and don't fit as well. It is frustrating, but I would say definitely keep both pairs.
wagardsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 10:24 AM  
cherimac

I bought the perfect pair of workout shoes for me last November. Decided to order another pair before they discontinued them too late. I did find a new pair on Ebay I may snag. I find it hard to get the perfect shoe and wish I'd gotten two now!
Old 04-13-13, 10:27 AM  
PrairieGem

No, because whatever issues I'm having will typically have changed by the time I'm due for my next pair of shoes! I have a pair that's really really good for the bursitis in my hip, but has poor lateral support and pinches my bunionette. I have another pair with great stability and cushioning, but they're entirely mesh so I can't wear them outside or my feet freeze! I have another pair I wear when I need better forefoot support and more flexibility in the ankle. And it goes on like that. Sigh.
Old 04-13-13, 10:51 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Yes! I love my NB Minimus Life shoes so much, I bought 3 pairs and I'm thinking of buying a 4th, because they've been discontinued.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 11:48 AM  
bubbles76

YES Sherry, absolutely! I wear a 7.5 wide, so whenever I find shoes I like I get them in every color and usually two pair of each. Since I wear not only a 1/2 size but a wide, I cannot wait for shoes to go on sale. Gotta snatch them up right then. On top of that, I have hip issues, so I have to buy really cushiony shoes. Luckily, I am not a shoe person, so shoes will last me a long time.

If you find they work for you, keep them, cherish them, love them, name them! I hate shoe shopping with a deep passion. Nearly as bad as jeans shopping.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 11:58 AM  
sherry7899

bubbles, I am the same way. I tell my DH he is very lucky he has a wife who hates shoe shopping (I thought I was the only one!). I probably would hardly have any shoes if it weren't for Zappos. I hardly ever find anything in stores. I buy for comfort. I can't wear heels or pointy toes, and I hate slides/clogs.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 12:01 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I always have the next pair on the shelf. That way, when my current pair of shoes wears out, all I have to do is get the next pair off the shelf. Since I wear wide sizes, it can take me awhile to find a pair that works for me. I don't stock up more than one pair ahead though.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes