Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-11, 09:17 AM  
Inchworm

Those who have jobs, working on feet long hours, what shoes/sneakers are best?

I'm waitressing again and my sneakers are now worn out. My arches, knees and back have been killing me. We generally have to wear black sneakers or at least dark in color. Does anyone have any suggestions? It's starting to effect my workouts and I'm aching.

Thanks,
Kelly
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 09:36 AM  
ADoll

I work as a nurse doing 12 hour shifts. I used to wear Avi-motion and loved it. It helped my lower back but now my workplace doesn't allow us to wear anything that's like MBTs. We were so upset but I guess they said someone fell or tripped wearing MBTs.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 10:06 AM  
shoegoddess

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?...=searchresults

I worked for a supermarket chain for 35 years. I wore these shoes. I did put over the counter inserts in them but these were great on my feet.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 11:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

We have to where the non-skid shoes where I work, but I always use the Dr. Scholls gel inserts. It helps for awhile but they really don't last that long. Try to get them on sale and stock up .
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 11:21 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

I think, no matter what shoes you're wearing, it helps to switch shoes during the day. Different styles. No matter how good the shoes, my feet will begin to hurt after a while and I need to switch.

Besides sneakers, could you wear something like Dansko's "Sonja"? There are two types, open back and closed back professionals.
Old 09-15-11, 11:28 AM  
Judith L
VF Supporter

I have a lot of foot problems. For comfort, I wear Dansko's Sonja clogs (these come either open back or closed back - Dansko "Professional Clogs"), Brook's Addiction 9 (this has a mesh top) and New Balance 927 (ugly but comfortable). In the latter two I buy the men's shoes. These three, all in black, are tbe most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. The Dansko's run wide and the other two come in wide widths or men's sizing. If the Dansko's are too wide for you, you can always wear a heavy sock.

Also, I wear Wright's Double Layer socks. Socks can make such a difference! I particularly like the cool mesh ones which help keep my feet from getting hot.

Good luck!
Old 09-15-11, 11:59 AM  
cathgpo
VF Supporter

I was a teacher and found Danskos the best for my feet. Good luck!

cathgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 12:10 PM  
horsemom2

Walkfit Platinum Inserts available at Bed Bath and Beyond are wonderful.
They solved all of my foot, ankle, knee and hip problems.

Just avoid ordering through their website or phone customer service to avoid unwanted extras.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-11, 12:16 PM  
katmom

If I am going to be on my feet a lot, I find MBT shoes prevent my knee and back pain. They are expensive, but have been worth it for me. I know Skechers, Avia, and New Balance have some less expensive versions of this type of shoe, but I do not know if they are comparable in support and durability.
Old 09-15-11, 06:53 PM  
wendy2

I'm a preschool teacher with low back problems and Morton's Neuroma, and I LOVE Danskos and Keens. Not all Keen's are created equal, so I use Zappos and try everything on, wear them around the house, and send back those that don't feel good.
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shoes