Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-27-09, 08:24 PM  
shevia

Repeating CLX question

I finished my 3 months of CLX in June and am ready to start again. I am wondering, however, what the value is in starting from the beginning with Burn. I loved Lean and felt that the other two phases were mostly working me up to do it.

Is there a benefit in doing a month of Burn and a month of Push or should I just go straight to Lean?
shevia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 06:13 AM  
PhyllisG

Why not try the Maintenance rotation posted in the guidebook? Just a thought.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 07:09 AM  
shevia

Yes, I might do that, but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the value of repeating the full 3 month rotation. Thanks!
Old 08-28-09, 07:56 AM  
Country Girl

I definitely am not a fitness expert but I thought I'd tell you what I'm doing. I did 1 round of CLX, then did a month of the maintenance program, and now I'm in my second full round of CLX (about to finish the Push month). By doing the full rotation the second time it is allowing me to go heavier in the Burn and Push months than I did in the first round and hopefully will allow me to go heavier in the Lean phase too. Also, since I'm new to workout videos, it is allowing me to change up my routine every 30 days without having to buy a new set of videos (although that is about to change). I don't think you would have to do the full round again but for me it was a good way to keep working the muscles in different ways and to build up some more strength. If you are building strength and using your muscles in different ways already, I don't know if it would be necessary to start over with Burn. Just a thought.
Country Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-09, 06:25 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Girl View Post
I definitely am not a fitness expert but I thought I'd tell you what I'm doing. I did 1 round of CLX, then did a month of the maintenance program, and now I'm in my second full round of CLX (about to finish the Push month). By doing the full rotation the second time it is allowing me to go heavier in the Burn and Push months than I did in the first round and hopefully will allow me to go heavier in the Lean phase too. Also, since I'm new to workout videos, it is allowing me to change up my routine every 30 days without having to buy a new set of videos (although that is about to change). I don't think you would have to do the full round again but for me it was a good way to keep working the muscles in different ways and to build up some more strength. If you are building strength and using your muscles in different ways already, I don't know if it would be necessary to start over with Burn. Just a thought.
I agree.

I've been doing CLX since January, and I agree. I've done the rotation, 2 maintenance phases, and another CLX vacation rotation.

I'm back to the full rotation. Currently, I'm on my first week of Push. I do think you get more out of your next rounds than the first time. I'm really glad that I'm doing another rotation.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 11:48 AM  
shevia

Thanks for your replies. I think I will start burn again and see how it feels. I really love the lean cycle though!
Old 08-29-09, 12:38 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I am just starting my second rotation of CLX. I am back to the Burn phase. I did the full rotation and a Lean for Life phase. I want to try to lift heavier. This is my first week, but I can feel a nice little ache in my muscles from upping my weights. I still can't go that heavy yet, but I am determined to go above 20 lbs this time around. I am totally in love with CLX!
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-09, 09:32 PM  
shevia

So I started with Burn this morning. It was definitely challenging - and my forearms gave out first, just like my first time round. Thanks everyone for the encouragement!
Old 08-30-09, 10:13 AM  
Lianne
VF Supporter

Debbie, would you mind posting your CLX maintenance routine that you created again. (Hopefully it's not too much trouble - I know you've pasted it a few times but I can't seem to find it.)

I'd love to see the vacation rotation, too.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-09, 10:43 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianne View Post
Debbie, would you mind posting your CLX maintenance routine that you created again. (Hopefully it's not too much trouble - I know you've pasted it a few times but I can't seem to find it.)

I'd love to see the vacation rotation, too.

Thanks!
Hi Lianne,

I copied it and I'll paste it here. :

Hi everyone!

I just took some time to look over Chalene's maintenance phase as written. I found it very lopsided as is.

I then spent more time and created a "balanced" maintenance phase. This is what I came up with:

Week 1:
Lean 3-Chest, Shoulders & minimal Legs
Burn 2-Arms, Back, Legs
Push 2-Shoulders & minimal Legs

Week 2:
Burn 1-Chest, Iso Shoulders, Legs
Push 1-Arms, Legs
Lean 2-Back, Iso Shoulders, Legs

Week 3:
Push 3-Back, Chest, Legs
Lean 1-Arms, Legs
Burn 3-Shoulders, Legs

Both week 1 & week 2 have shoulders being worked twice. Week two is the only week that has isolated shoulder work done twice. But, it still kind of balances itself out, because Burn 1 has more posterior delt work than Lean 2. Unfortunately, it has to be this way if you want to do all the workouts in the maintenance phase.

For the vacation rotation that I did, I used only disc 6 & 7. I did the strength/cardio workouts on Mondays and Fridays, and ran my parents dog for my cardio. I did add chest work at the end of each workout to make it more balanced.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx