Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-09-09, 05:12 PM  
Irisg1

Red face Questions about clx?

I have a question for those of you who have done CLX. I just started my first round last week.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about these workouts yet, but what I did find is that it works the legs tremendously. While that is not a bad thing, I found that I am unable to lift as heavy as I'm used to because some of the exercises are either awkward, or combining the legs with the exercise prevents me from going heavier. My question is, did you guys find that you did get good upper body workouts? Did anyone modify in order to lift heavier? While I think I will get good results with CLX in my lower body, I don't want to sacrifice the upper.

Any advise or opinion anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-09-09, 05:41 PM  
iamfirmin

Yes ... but i cycle CLX with P90x and CATHE GYM STYLE & slow and heavy

WHOOOOAA they are working well
Old 08-09-09, 06:24 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

So you are in the first cycle, Burn? That has compound moves. The next cycle, Push, does not.

If it bothers you, you could always break them down. In other words - it would take longer, but do the upper body exercise for the 12 reps, then back up, and do the lower one - that they had combined into the compound exercise.

I had actually thought about doing that, but changed my mind.
Barbara P
Old 08-10-09, 09:13 AM  
furmomof6

furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 09:41 AM  
DachsieDogMom

Charlene says in one of the circuits (I cant remember her exact words but its something like this) that she cant lift as heavy using the slow technique because you have no momentum in lifting slow. She also says that the slow technique is much more effective.
Based on that I wouldn't worry about not lifting as heavy but if you find any of the moves awkward I would definitely modify them.
DachsieDogMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-09, 09:53 AM  
glowacki

Hi Iris - good luck with your rotation!

I used CLX for 4 months with a recovery week between each phase (Jan - May). I lifted as heavy as I could for my upper body, which meant that I was using less weight than normal on lower body but I don't think it made a great difference. The legs are worked in each weight workout after all, also in the interval workouts (Burn Intervals & Get Lean Intervals) if you have those. Moving super slowly and mentally focusing on the muscle contraction made a difference for me too.
glowacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-09, 12:35 PM  
Irisg1

I appreciate all of your replies. I am in my 2nd week of Burn. I am still going to continue the program as prescribed. The compound moves are a bit challenging and I still feel I'm working lower body more than upper, but I get to take toning classes at the gym too, so I think I will still get results. I will definitely keep the opinions I've gotten in mind, should I decide to modify

Tags
clx