Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-19, 06:55 PM  
fanofladyvols

Firm Basics Fat burning today. Actually had to tear the shrink wrap off. Not sure why this one never made it in my rotation before. Nice gentle to joints workout. Perfect fo my mood today. Christine I totally get the need for workouts that require less energy.

Dana happy you have no tooth pain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Too bad I'm so out of shape that the Leslie mile left me winded! Good grief, what is this world coming to??
Carol
Carol Your body may be tired from trying to heal itself from whatever is going on with your neck. Cut yourself some slack

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I like the workouts - she tends to do full body vs. "parts" and that is my preferred way to workout.
Donna
Donna that's exactly how I am with pilates..I prefer full body Pilates workouts. If I do body parts or splits, I prefer to do that with weights. I really don't know why I am like that. The 'core' pilates titles are ok because those usually feel like full body workouts too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda in WA View Post
Linda, thanks for the well wishes! You and my mom share a name.
Brenda Then it goes without saying how AWESOME she must be. Hate hearing about Endo.. remember though not all good things are good for you. So take care of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I am backing away from chocolate. I think it's part of my reflux. I'm going to tackle dropping acids.. So, sure there is a lot I may not have but I'm now open to new foods......

I can't wait to see what I check in about in December.. I bet it's going to be using my reformer.
Cheryl Lol..you're funny. But seriously, ..when you find what you like...you do it. No harm sorry to hear about your reflux that can be aggravating. I had that when I was preggers many moons ago.

I don't know if this will work for you but I toast unsalted nuts and seeds in the oven ..about 8 min at 350 on parchment paper to munch on to fight my chocolate cravings. Seems to work pretty well for me.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 08:07 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Firm Basics Fat burning today. Actually had to tear the shrink wrap off. Not sure why

Carol Your body may be tired from trying to heal itself from whatever is
Cheryl Lol..you're funny. But seriously, ..when you find what you like...you do it. No harm sorry to hear about your reflux that can be aggravating. I had that when I was preggers many moons ago.

I don't know if this will work for you but I toast unsalted nuts and seeds in the oven ..about 8 min at 350 on parchment paper to munch on to fight my chocolate cravings. Seems to work pretty well for me.
regular elephant nuts? Dry roasted ? I need the help because I’m in bed and of course want something in my mouth, all I had was a few grapes and a piece of pita bread. I need to chew. I read that of all thing pork rinds were good. I’ll see when I can find the healthy kind

Every time I see that name. Fanofladyvos, i think of flavonoids. And I don’t even know what that is.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 10:33 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
regular elephant nuts? Dry roasted ?
Cheryl You crack me up! You could do peanuts, sure! However, I'm currently on a kick of pumpkin seeds, flax and slivered almonds. Eating a tablespoon seems to take the edge off :-)

Quote:
Every time I see that name. Fanofladyvos, i think of flavonoids. And I don’t even know what that is.
Lol.. neither do I!!
And it means I am a Fan of the Lady Vols ...the University of Tennessee women's basketball team

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 11-21-19, 07:17 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Wednesday's workout was

My Curves Online - Boxing Fusion - 30 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Retreat: Day 3 - Stretch & Soothe - 15 minutes

The Curves workout used boxing or kicking drills for the cardio intervals. These workouts are frustrating because there isn't enough time given to get into some of the toning positions with the band - sometimes they are half done and there's 10 or 15 seconds left of the exercise bu the time I can get set up. They should have thought out their structure better.

Linda - The Firm Basics workouts make me smile. Anna Benson was too far ahead of her time. I am trying to give myself some grace, although I'm frustrated. I feel like I'm slipping off the edge into total Old Lady-dom and I'll be so far gone that I will never be able to even remotely recover.

Donna - I'm another one that prefers my pilates workouts to be "full" body. Target or parts pilates workouts have the ability to quickly rep me to death. And Donna, you are just in a season of life - it will pass.

Christine - I'm enjoying Smriti's Challenge as well. And yes, the sound has gotten better.

Cheryl - glad you are enjoying your reformer. Chocolate at night is not a good thing for me. I overdid it yesterday with the chocolate in the evening. Stress chocolate eating...not good.

Brenda - sounds like you will be busy in the next few weeks! Sorry about the endo flare.

Dana - so glad that the root canal went well and seems to have fixed the problem! As I recall, that's one fast mile that Mary Kay leads.

No real news on my neck - I talked to the nurse yesterday - she said nothing about the subluxation (misalignment) that was identified in the x-rays, but talked about stenosis and arthritis, which was not really mentioned in the x-ray report. They are sending me to physical therapy, which is fine, but I wish I could have asked more questions. Sadly, this does feel a lot like the stenosis issue that I had 10 years ago that resulted in surgery and a fusion. Maybe I can get more info out of the physical therapist.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 08:59 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today was:

Leslie - Purple Mile
Pilates Nest - Rise & Shine Challenge Day # 3

I probably won't get out for a walk today as I have to meet the plumber at my mom's condo...to finish up some work. Ugh.

Oh well, it needs to get done....

Carol - I'm sorry for the lack of news. I also fear that if I let myself deteriorate too much it will be harder to come back. I see it with both my parents. But, honestly, right now, I'm doing just about all I can do mentally and physically, so I guess I have to be content with it and hope for the best.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 11:45 AM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Cheryl - glad you are enjoying your reformer. Chocolate at night is not a good thing for me. I overdid it yesterday with the chocolate in the evening. Stress chocolate eating...not good.
i think as we age, foods don't agree with us like they do when we were children.. Heck, we don't even know if it did afect us but our parents ignored what ever we were saying.. and just attributed the behavior to candy.

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-21-19, 12:51 PM  
furmomof6

Hello,

Walk
Pilates Nest Day 4: Embrace and Empower

I really liked that one! Does anyone know if Smriti offers gift memberships? I may ask for that for Christmas. I do like her, and the workouts, and can just ignore the lifestyle stuff. I really can't purchase any streaming sites right now, I started new supplements for my Lyme disease that are a bit pricey per month. I'm so tired of spending money on that stuff, but I know it could be much worse so I shouldn't complain!

Carol, I've had that problem with workouts before, it's frustrating for sure! I'll pray you get some answers from the PT. I have found them more helpful than doctors in the past myself!

Donna, good luck at the condo today.

Linda, that's where I'm at right now. My body goes through phases. I just want to move, but not work too hard.

Waves!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 01:51 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Reformer: on John Garey youtube. good upper body, very short, like 10 minutes but you do feel it because it's shoulder work

~~~Cheryl

Old 11-21-19, 07:09 PM  
fanofladyvols

Today was BOSU reactive power and strength thru toning segments only. Cardio was insane twisty and for the preservation of my knees I said nope.
But the other segments were fun .
I will use my BOSU upside down as a weight bench for other videos whenever I can.

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday

Old 11-22-19, 07:12 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Thursday's workouts:

Jessica Smith - 21 Day Walk On: Cardio Core Walk - 30 minutes;
Michelle Dozois - Ultimate Workout: Flexibility - 15 minutes

I enjoyed Jessica's walk, which got me thinking about doing her February Fusion rotation every other day, with some Bar Method and Pilates Nest mixed in. We'll see.

Our Thanksgiving break starts today at noon, which I'm looking forward to.

Christine - I don't know if Smriti offers gift memberships, but she will answer you if you just email her or ask her on social media. She is very responsive - the most responsive fitness person I have ever dealt with in my experience. And whatever her "lifestyle stuff" is, I must be oblivious to it, because I don't really notice it - other than the monthly missions, like this month's "Be Grateful" and who could argue with that?

Donna - I too saw that with both my parents - they never exercised at all, and you could sure tell it as they aged. So far, I'm ahead of that game (but not where I'd like to be).

Linda - Good job. I'm never been one for twisty type cardio moves, especially on carpet.

Cheryl - Good job on your workout!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote