Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-05-14, 12:48 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Thanks for the tips, Nuggies Auntie. I will check out the form pointers on the P57 blog. Is that move you are talking about similar to the first thigh move in BP Signature? The one where she is standing with her back to the barre and lifts one leg in parallel, first doing a larger move touching the floor and going up, then just pulsing?
I'm wondering if that move is also in Thigh and Seat. If I recall correctly, Shelly does this move standing at the side of the barre and lifting one leg really straight up and down, then pulsing at the top. It sure burns the quads...
It's similar to BP signature sculpt, but I think in SS they have the hip turned out, IIRC. I believe the move I'm talking about is the bonus move on the P57 Classic v. 1 disc. I think it's on Thigh & Seat, too.

Koinonia, haha, I don't think holding on the barre is cheating! Doing pretzel with your arms outstretched above your head is an advanced variation, though, so maybe let go of the barre and see how you do?!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 02:07 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Love, Love, LOVE the tips here, thanks ladies!! I'm so glad I asked about this set and now can't wait to receive it.

Oh, and sometimes thigh dancing (in other barre workouts) makes my knees wonky too. It's an alignment thing for me, and I have to be SO SO careful to work correctly. Maybe I'll consider the alternate move mentioned now...hadn't thought of that before!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 02:16 PM  
suegy3

I had the second set for around two years and never did it. Two of the workouts are still in the wrapper. I thought about selling or trading but have been too lazy. Maybe I'll check them out after the glowing reviews.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 02:47 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Love, Love, LOVE the tips here, thanks ladies!! I'm so glad I asked about this set and now can't wait to receive it.

Oh, and sometimes thigh dancing (in other barre workouts) makes my knees wonky too. It's an alignment thing for me, and I have to be SO SO careful to work correctly. Maybe I'll consider the alternate move mentioned now...hadn't thought of that before!!
Thigh dancing kills my knees. What are some alternative moves?
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 02:59 PM  
topfitmama

Alta, here's an alternative move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
A modification for thigh dancing is standing sideways at the barre and lifting the outer leg straight up and down. Keep the working leg straight, hip not turned out, and keep the movement small, standing leg slightly bent. I've seen some people use that modification during thigh dancing segments in live classes.

Also, Pure Barre and The Ballet Physique have video tutorials. Pure Barre usually comes out with them every Tuesday, and Physique 57 has form tips on their blog.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 10:49 PM  
koinonia

Quote:

Kitty, if you don't mind my asking, what other barre workouts are you doing? And what do you like or don't like about them?
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 11:06 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
Kitty, if you don't mind my asking, what other barre workouts are you doing? And what do you like or don't like about them?
I don't mind at all!! But not too many anymore, actually. I've gone through many that I ended up getting rid of because I just didn't click with them (for various reasons, including instruction, pace, how worked I feel after, etc.) But the ones I've kept that I LOVE are Squeeze Stronger and several of Tracey Mallett's. Needless to say, though, I'm a vidiot, so I'm really wanting something new to add to the mix that I like!! I have high hopes that this set will be the answer (crossing fingers and toes!!).

All I know is that when I don't do other types of workouts for a few weeks then revisit them, I'm mildly sore. When I don't do barre workouts for a few weeks then revisit them, I get so sore I freaking can't walk, breathe, or hold a cup of coffee, LOL!! And that has to mean something, right, like that I should be doing them (??). LOL!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-14, 12:07 AM  
koinonia

Kitty, I hope you like the set. If you like doms, P57 won't disappoint in that area, that I can almost guarantee.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 08:08 AM  
daimere

I ordered off amazon for v2 and I got it the other day. I was worried for a minute that was a mistake. It took them a few days to mail it (maybe a week?) but once it was mailed, I got it in two days. It came in an envelope and I still don't understand 9 dollars for shipping/handling. It did come within the expected date that the order page said. They are still virgin. I need to break in Dailey Method and BarreAmped.
daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-14, 08:14 AM  
Cowgirl32

Quote:
Geez, the shipping is SO expensive!! Oy, if someone had a coupon code or did know about some sale, I'd be super happy, hah!!!
Have you tried ebay or amazon???

Tags
p57, p57 customer service, physique 57, tanya becker