Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-09, 10:28 AM  
FitForever

Question Need some leaning out and inspiration ... CLX or P57?

Well, I'm going along, doing my workouts every day. I primarily do Leslie for Cardio and a Barre-type workout for strength with some sprinkles of yoga and/or pilates here and there. The thing is, I'm not seeing any results, and worse of all, I am getting bored.

I used to do lots of Classic Firms back in the day, and had great results - maybe it was the weights? I was also younger & had a LOT more time on my hands as that was BC. The thought of going back to them has a huge dread factor for me. I think I did them so much back in the day that I'm just burned out & turned off by the whole Firm thing.

I need to shake things up a bit... it's been a while since I've been REALLY excited about a workout. CLX is very intriguing, but I'm worrried about bulking up. I'm naturally muscular (esp. in my lower body - classic pear), and my pants are already snug. Will all of this heavy lifting cause bulk? Also, will I have to add additional cardio to the mix to balance this all out?

I've also read all of the rave reviews on the P57 workouts and they look really fun. But are they enough? I have the Turbo Jam set and lots of Tae Bo, and I was thinking of dusting them off & trying a rotation of Kickboxing w/ P57's or other Barre workouts.

I need to bring some fun back into my workout routine. Results would also be nice... I'm looking to shed about 15-20#'s. I just feel so uninspired & I'm tired of spending money on workouts that I just don't like.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated & thanks for reading my long thread! All you VFers are SUPER.

Chris
FitForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 10:39 AM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

I have both CLX and P57, but I have no idea what to tell you. Everyone's results would be different, everyone's body responds differently.

CLX has much, much more variety. It's also 3 months long, but you repeat 3 workouts for 4 weeks before going on to the next phase.

P57 has just 3 DVDs.

I don't do Leslie at all and have no idea how good that cardio is. I swim and run for cardio and at home do cathe and others a couple of times a week for cardio and do strength and/or barre/pilates/yoga also.

as far as bulking, who knows. Do you generally bulk? I don't build muscle easily, so I don't bulk. I didn't bulk with Cathe's STS and I lifted very heavy, heavier than I've ever lifted. I just don't build muscle easily.

I also find that it isn't just working out that is important, it's what I eat that is actually more important, how much and what type of food I'm eating.

Losing weight is great but tying my workouts to that and nothing else means a quick burn out on working out to me no matter what I do.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
barbara P
Old 09-17-09, 11:34 AM  
prettyinpink

Well P57 IS barre so if you are already doing that and seeing no results, I would doubt that P57 will be some magic bullet. It is good but IMO it is not 100 times better than Bar Method or Exhale or Pure Barre or anything like that.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 11:56 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Here's another suggestion altogether..... because of the boredom factor.... do you have netflix? If I were you, I'd just try stuff out that way. They don't have clx or p57, but they have a lot of different strenth/circuit dvds and other barre dvds you could try, and that way you won't invest a lot of money and you probably won't get bored. I did wind up pretty bored with clx, I have to admit......
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-09, 02:14 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I can't tell you about P57, I do not have it. I do, however, love CLX. I am on my second round and am still not bored. I did not follow the diet (and probably should), but have lost a couple of pounds. I think around 5 or 6 in the first go round. The most important thing is that I can actually see some muscle tone in my legs and arms. My pants also fit better in the middle. I've had a few people tell me that I look slimmer. I feel great. If you like lifting weights, I recommend this program. I never do the yoga disc. I do not like it. I got the extra disc #7 and am glad I did. I love the cardio. Never did Turbo Jam and did not think I would like Chalene as much as I do. I sound like an infomercial for CLX, but I really like it.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clx, p57