Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-09, 08:56 PM  
bubbles76

I really like 4DS! If I had the room, I would be doing these workouts now, as it fits my schedule perfectly. I remember really liking the shoulder workouts the best. And I loved all the cardio.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 09:00 AM  
mtnmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop View Post
I agree that STS came out too close to this series.
Um, maybe that should be restated to, "STS was announced too close to this series". I'd hate to have SNM they should extend the time between announcement and release.
Old 08-05-09, 09:58 AM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
Um, maybe that should be restated to, "STS was announced too close to this series".
HAHA! Excellent point!!!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 10:10 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

One of the reasons I didn't order STS was because I had just gotten this set and wanted to use it before even thinking about preordering something else.
I think Cathe would have done better to let us enjoy this set a while before announcing STS, especially since it took so long to produce.
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 04:14 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
I think Cathe would have done better to let us enjoy this set a while before announcing STS, especially since it took so long to produce.
And it would have seemed like a much shorter wait if she had started filming before doing the presale.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 06:02 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Several of us did a 4DS check-in that eventually became "Waiting on STS" and is now STS & Beyond.

I really enjoy 4DS (need to get it back out, though). It is flexible, has the most number of premixes I've ever seen, has excellent chaptering, great videography, and is a series that a few dismissed early on but later fell in love with after giving it a whirl. I think it's a great series! The only workout I have not ever tried () is HIS but I just haven't taken the time to learn the choreography. I LOVE LIS and the Kickbox. Bootcamp reminds me of elementary PE stuff - but way more fun with the Cathe gang - and with music!

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-09, 07:44 PM  
Mommapew

I too forget about this series, except for the cardio of LIS which I just love. It would help if it was used in her Rotations but I don't think it comes up too much.
Mommapew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 06:49 AM  
Bebop

I'd like to see it in her rotations too. That is one of the reasons that prompted me to start this thread.

I see STS in her new rotations but I think a lot of people don't have STS. I don't and am not planning on getting it.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 07:23 AM  
mf545

The 4DS is an awesome series! It's my favorite Cathe set. It's so versatile and, IMO, the most efficient workout she has ever released. It packs a lot in a little bit of time, and you get so much variety with all the premixes that there is no way you can get bored with it. I have never done the cardio portions of this series -- I bought it for the weight work and it did not disappoint me. I like to split up my cardio and weight work and I usually do the weights first premix in the morning, and then Cardio Coach on my elliptical in the evening. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series!!!

The only requirement is to use it the way that gives you maximum joy.
--Ooty talking about Cardio Coach
mf545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-09, 10:06 AM  
Cecelia

Another lover of this series. I have actually used the weight sections with low weights to come back from injuries. I love how she finishes off with the band work once you've already worked the muscles pretty good.
I'm a true klutz who never took the time to get the HIS choreography, but I think LIS is a lot of fun. I used the Boot Camp workout for interval work. And I love the kickboxing one. The whole series is wonderfully time efficient, you get it and get it done. I love 30 min. workouts, and rarely do the weights and cardio in one setting.
After reading what others have written, though, I think I need to check out the premixes on this series. As it is, it is one of my most used DVD's.
Love it!

Cecelia
Cecelia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4ds, cathe 4 day split