Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-09, 12:52 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

I use the Kickbox workout a lot. I always modify the high impact parts. I do not do jacks! I often use the kickbox warmup as a warmup before weight lifting. It hits the whole body nicely. I use weighted gloves. I may have to give the weight workouts another try.
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 01:02 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayB View Post
I use the Kickbox workout a lot. I always modify the high impact parts. I do not do jacks! I often use the kickbox warmup as a warmup before weight lifting. It hits the whole body nicely. I use weighted gloves. I may have to give the weight workouts another try.
You can go quite heavy with this one. She usually does a warm up set with lighter weights and then goes quite heavy. I really like this set. On days where I'm not quite up to Cathe's impact cardio, I simply do other short cardio instead. This workout is a 2 dvd set.

edited to add: Right now I'm doing STS, but the more I do it, the more I realize how efficient the 4DS workouts are in less time. The only thing I would add to it is pulling work with bands or modified pull ups to alternate with the shoulder work in that section. Other than that, I think these workouts are just about perfect for me.
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 01:22 PM  
beth22

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
This is one of my favorite Cathe sets. I kind of think it was quickly forgotten because of the hoopla over STS, but there is so much variety with this series.
This is probably my #1 most used Cathe series too. It's too bad that she started promoting STS right after the release of this series since I agree that it didn't get the attention it deserved.

I really think 4 Day Split is so well done--the production is flawless and the music is my favorite of any other series...plus, it works me hard! The variety of the premixes makes the dvd worth every penny and the cardio and weight workouts are super when done alone too. I've done Cathe's November 2007 Rotation (the 4DS rotation) tons of times adding extra cardio on one of the rest days (she puts two rest days in each week). Now that I think about it, it may be time for another 4DS rotation!

I 4DS!
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 01:27 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
I kind of think it was quickly forgotten because of the hoopla over STS...
I agree.

And come to think of it, the weight workouts in 4DS were one of the things that convinced me to preorder STS (though I haven't gotten myself to do more than 2 STS workouts without losing interest: I'm sure the shorter 4DS would be more appealing).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 01:28 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Right now I'm doing STS, but the more I do it, the more I realize how efficient the 4DS workouts are in less time.
Just how I'm feeling.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 02:24 PM  
GMonkey

Has anyone ever done the cardio portion in the am, and then the weights in the evening? I'm thinking of doing this next year in the late spring (isn't this nuts, I've got my rotations planned out for the next year?) as a way to get ready for summer. How are the abdominal portions?
GMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 02:31 PM  
beth22

GMonkey--yep, I've split the cardio portions between am and pm lots of times(whatever it takes to get it done, right?! )

The ab sections are great. I prefer the abs from LIS over the Kickbox ones, but they're both awesome.
beth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 03:06 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

You all are making me really want 4DS back again!!!
Old 08-04-09, 03:33 PM  
EllenU
VF Supporter

I think that the weight work in 4DS is was among my most used so far this year. I like doing a 2-day split with this series, using the upper body premix one day, and the lower body premix another day. The lower body premix is short enough to add core or floor leg work from another workout. This is a versatile series.
EllenU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-09, 08:00 PM  
Bebop

I'm so glad I started this thread. I definately am going to figure out how to use this series in a rotation. I agree that STS came out too close to this series.

I sometimes check out the Cathe forums and there isn't much talk about it there either.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4ds, cathe 4 day split