Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-09, 04:43 PM  
Bebop

Anyone still doing Cathe 4D's?

Anyone still doing Cathe 4D's?

I don't see much discussion about them.

I use the kickbox cardio a lot but to be honest, I still don't have the cardio moves down on the step workouts. The bootcamp cardio is fun but I need to modify to the rebounder.

I still haven't figured out how to work in the weight work - I do like it but right now I just tend to turn to the Gymstyles when I feel like hitting a specific body part with extra work.

Anyone complete a rotation with them?

This summer I did a Firm rotation, now I'm doing a Cathe fat burning rotation and I'm thinking of pulling these out after that.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 04:52 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I haven't used them for a long time. I never liked the step workouts at all (too much of a learning curve for my tastes), but I did like the KB workout (though too short for my tastes, and just short of the intensity I wanted, but I modified a bit by doing double-time on some of the punches). I also liked the weight workouts: maybe I should get those out and do them again.
Thanks for reminding me about it, LOL!

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 06:34 PM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

Several of us in the STS check-in worked through the 4DS system when it came out. There are some rotation suggestions at cathe's site. It is a great system - esp. if you're short on time you can do a weight workout or cardio in about 30 minutes. There are also a BUNCH of premixes that really mix things up and the editing is great.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 06:35 PM  
steakhousegirl

I use them all the time. I love the Kickbox workout and Bootcamp is short but 'spirited". There are so many premixes with the set you can't really get bored. I'm not a step person so I do them stepless so I don't kill myself!

Insanity Grad
Turbo Fire Grad
S90 Grad
P90X2 Grad
steakhousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 07:10 PM  
CAgostini

My husband and I did 4DS this past month to prepare for the Road Trip. It was great. I really love 4DS--wouldn't part with it. I'm not a great lover of step, but I love the way the two in 4DS are structured.

Cathy
CAgostini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 08:24 PM  
gigi

I may use these again when school starts up for a no brainer rotation. But the problem is there are so many workouts I want to work into my rotations (KB's, yoga, The Pit, etc...).
Old 08-02-09, 08:38 PM  
Bebop

I never thought to do the step workouts stepless. What a great idea.

I think I'll give it a try.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-09, 11:22 PM  
sjajsa

I used 4DS for the first time the week before last. I used pre-mixes since I wasn't ready to try Cathe's cardio. I did a 3 day split and used Lower Body Weights, Back & Biceps, and Chest, Shoulders, & Triceps. All were short workouts, which was good since I was having an off week, but I liked them. The premixes I used didn't have warm ups, cool downs, or abs - so next time I think I will do a true 4 Day Split, using the Weights First premixes so I get her warm up, then skip the cardio, and use her cool down/stretch. And add on my own cardio afterwards if I wanted to.
Old 08-03-09, 01:20 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have used the weight workouts a lot, the cardio not so much but I have used it. It's a great set because the workouts are thirty minutes long and can be mixed and matched to your heart's content if you want longer workouts.
Jane P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-09, 05:01 AM  
PhyllisG

Thanks for bringing 4DS up. I haven't used it very much except for the KB and Legs which I like. But after reading this I can see new ways to work these into my rotations. You have given me some new ideas. I still have trouble with the step choreography.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4ds, cathe 4 day split