Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-08, 04:12 PM  
gtmrfc

Cathe's May Rotation

Is Amy Bento's Slo Mo an appropriate substitution for Pure Strength in Cathe's latest rotation? If not, would these be possibilities:

Kelley Coffey Meyer's Thirty Minute Fitness
Gin Miller's Serious Strength
Cathe's Maximum Intensity Strength

Thank you!
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 06:03 PM  
ellaenchanted

I love Amy, but SloMo went into my trade pile. It was a little boring and I didn't feel some of the exercises like I thought I would. They were a little different than the usual but not *that* different. I also disliked the music...it had a drum beat or something that became really grating. You may feel differently though.

I think Amy has the potential to do a great weight training video. Her existing ones either use too much equipment, are too long (APX...could this have been made into 2 separate w/os?), or just didn't get me (SloMo).

I personally would go w/ the others on the list. Cathe MIS which is a good standby, but Kelly's new one looks very good too. Both would fit.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-08, 06:18 PM  
gigi

I think Amy's SloMo would be a great substitute for Cathe's Pure Strength. I really enjoy SloMo. The one thing I agree with ellaenchanged on is that SloMo is different without being *that* different, but different enough to satisfy me. Thanks for drawing my attention to Cathe's May rotation...it looks like a good one.
Old 05-20-08, 06:56 PM  
gtmrfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi
I think Amy's SloMo would be a great substitute for Cathe's Pure Strength. I really enjoy SloMo. The one thing I agree with ellaenchanged on is that SloMo is different without being *that* different, but different enough to satisfy me. Thanks for drawing my attention to Cathe's May rotation...it looks like a good one.
I haven't done a Cathe rotation in awhile. I thought this one would really mix things up. Right now, I'm alternating Amy's Slo Mo with Cathe's 4Ds. I think I may go with Kelley's Thirty Minutes in place of Pure Strength with this rotation. The format lends itself well to it. I haven't done the Gym Styles in ages either.
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote