Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-21, 11:52 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
Jane Fonda Prime Time series is another set I want to try.
I actually have most of her dvds and some vhs.
I love the Prime Times.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-21, 12:44 PM  
sillygirl

I love the workouts from Robin Long of The Balanced Life. It's Pilates-based so controlled moves are part of the method , she has a calm demeanor, and the beach background is relaxing. Her workouts don't have music which I'm now appreciating more since I figured out how to stream my favorite songs through Spotify (with a free account) and Amazon Prime Music (gotta love 90's Boy Band Ballads ).

She is running a free challenge that starts next week (March 1st) "The Feel Good Pilates Challenge" - https://thebalancedlifeonline.com/fe...term=home-page

She will open up her Sisterhood streaming membership after the challenge ends if you end up liking her workouts.

Her YouTube channel is here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjX...MDzaI3plO8a-FA

Her "Pilates When You Don't Feel Good" is a great workout at just 13 minutes - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WvpoKq1QU
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 10:49 AM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 11:17 AM  
TinaT

Thank you PennyK ~ This week has a been a battle for energy. I've chosen to Rebound with walking, peddle jog movements to Treadmill TV on Youtube. No instruction...just wonderful scenery to view.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 12:11 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I've been enjoying these "senior strength" from YMCA of Greater Houston (I'm not a senior, but I appreciate slower strength and balance work). I like the workouts led by Ariel the most:
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...Y-u5VpIijOGgUE
These look good! They have good music, which is always a plus. I'll be exploring their other categories of workouts, too.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 09:57 PM  
keb's mom

I think there are many people who would appreciate slower paced lifting and even cardio. The workouts could still be intense! I'm always puzzled that there are so few instructors who put out slower paced workouts. I feel like there would be a large audience for that type of workout.
keb's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 08:01 AM  
PennyK

Old 02-26-21, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

I agree- going slower means you can focus better on form and get good results w/ a lower chance of injury...just makes sense!!

Another instructor that I like who does not go super fast or super crazy hard is Jessica Valent.

She has a paid site and a You Tube channel. On You Tube she generally posts shorter versions of the workouts that she has on her paid site.

She is a Pilates instructor and Physical Therapist - and although her content is Pilates focused she also includes other types of workouts as well like weights, HIIT, and barre - all done w/ good form, not crazy fast paced. No music, though...

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 10:52 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyK View Post
I remember really liking these-
Healing Through Movement with Zayna Gold (clip on Total Fitness Dvds)
Strong Bones Yoga with Christine Dormaier
Both use weights slow and controlled
That Zayna Gold dvd looks lovely!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-21, 10:15 AM  
PennyK

Tags
bobandbrad, calm, controlled, intermediate, intermediate workouts, slow weights, slow workouts