Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-07-20, 09:18 PM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, Happy Birthday to your mom!! I’m glad they had a nice day!

Jewels, Welcome!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 03:36 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, so... I was doing so well, and then some side effects started Thursday evening, mostly more feverish, skin sensitivity with burning sensations, pins and needles on skin. Over the weekend, my skin got very flakey, as if I had been out in the sun a bit. I increased water intake and began using a thick moisturizing cream. I think most people sail through this procedure with just the flu-like symptoms, but I have a very vigilant and sensitive immune system, Lol. Also, I've probably mentioned this before but this medication is used as a chemo agent for bone cancer treatment, most likely at more frequent dosing. I have a whole new respect for those sweet souls undergoing any cancer treatment!

Hopefully, all this will pass, and then I plan to check bone density levels next year before making a decision about future treatment options.

Pat58, it is scary to be borderline, and I am on the younger side to be dealing with this. It seems all the medications to treat Osteo. have some sort of side effects, whether mild or more serious. At the same time, no one wants to have a broken hip either. It's tough!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 05:34 PM  
AnMrsDe

Great to see you here, Julie!!!!!!

Thank you, Cher, I felt so happy I could make her day special! And it didn't matter that we had to do 6 errands too! She thanked me again today - so glad she enjoyed herself and of course, my dad just goes with the flow, LOL!

Beth, sorry to hear that. Hope you get to feeling more like yourself soon.

~~~Waves to all~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-20, 07:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Welcome Julie!!

AMD I hope my kids still like hanging out with me when I'm 91..that's totally awesome of you!!

Beth so sorry to read about those side effects. I'm glad it's only once a year. Hope those effects resolve quickly!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 06:44 AM  
Cher

Beth, that really stinks about your side effects. I hope you are starting to feel better today.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 09:45 AM  
tangerine

Welcome Julie!

Cher, glad to hear your cousin and sister are doing okay.

Beth, sorry to hear about the side effects. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Chrys, hope you're feeling better too.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 03:23 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Julie Welcome!!

Beth I hope your side effects subside soon. It must be really strong if it’s used in chemo too.

Chrys I hope you’re feeling better. I hear the rapid tests can be more inaccurate but then I hear stories about people testing positive and negative and positive. It’s hard to know.

AnMrsDe Happy birthday to mommaDe!! I’m sure your parents had a great day!!

TB2 I think Cathe’s newer core exercises are a lot harder and probably more effective. I feel like the older ones are crunches then planks. The new ones feel more active and total body. I also think Cathe moves kind of fast for me, I feel like when I go slower I’m not using momentum. Do you notice any difference in your core strength yet?

Waves to everyone!!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 05:32 PM  
CharM

Welcome, Jewels!

Chrys, I hope you're doing better, it's been a few days since we've heard from you.

Beth, I hope you're feeling better, too.

Cher, that's such good news about your cousin. Hopefully being at home with loved ones will help him get/stay well.

Happy belated birthday to your mom, AMD.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 03:03 PM  
T2B

Jane - starting a new job is very exhausting the first 3 to 6 weeks so give yourself a break if you have no gas in the tank at the end of the day. Lots to think about and absorb. Too bad about the pantyhose.

Yes, I do feel stronger in my core since I’ve been doing focused core work. I feel it in everything that I do. Going up and down the stairs is easier, impact cardio doesn’t feel as hard. Thanks for also mentioning that Cathe’s later ab routines feel more total body. I decided this morning to focus on 2 to 4 ab routines for a month, or at least a few weeks, to see/feel what changes I can bring about. Still not easy but I can go longer before taking a break.

AnMrsDe - Happy Belated Birthday to your Mom. She sounds like such a sweetheart thanking you for having her over. I’m glad everyone had a great time. How is baby girl doing? It is in the 60’s today, feels balmy. (66 right now)

Julie - Good to see you back!

Hi everyone!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 05:28 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thank you, ladies! It's fun to think about my mom's twin sister celebrating her 91st as well! I think both her DD's had to work, though, so she didn't get to have as much fun on her day.

T2B, that's great you can tell a difference already in your abs! Pretty much everything seems easier when you have core strength...WTG!//It's a balmy 61* here today too!! AMAZING, but tomorrow will be another story.//My darling little 13 month old is running all over the place and she is exhausting me!!! She is much harder to keep tabs on now that she can go anywhere in my house she wants, LOL! I have a ranch, though, so no stairs and I keep the basement door locked. But now I have to keep an eye on the Christmas decorations but she knows she can only touch the "noses" of my penguin and snowman I have sitting on my fireplace ledge. Also just the "nose" of a kitty ornament that resembles my cat that hangs on my tree! It's amazing how well she understands things. She is such a good little thing but very, very busy!!!! And....her parents just informed me a couple weeks ago, that she will be a big sister next May!! Um....not sure what that'll mean for ME...I'm not sure I'm up to watching 2!!!!!!!!! If they were grand-kids, it would be a different story....

Hope everyone is doing well today!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts