Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-20, 10:30 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Hi everyone, I'm planning on doing a Cathe 3 day split rotation, maybe with STS/XTrain/LIS. I may throw in Caroline Girvan as well. We're having carpet replaced today on our main floor, so it may be tomorrow that I get to start! Lol

On another note, I'm a bit disheartened to have been recently diagnosed with Osteoporosis in my spine and neck. It affects the women on my mom's side of the family; they tend to be very petite with low body weight. I have been proactive to prevent this with weight training for decades, calcium and vitamin D supplements, and a generally healthy lifestyle. It's probably due to Cathe that I don't have it in my hips!

After consults with my doctor, I was moved to a Vitamin D prescription, and it was recommended that an annual Reclast infusion would be the least invasive option for me to try.

So yesterday I received the infusion. I was so nervous about possible side effects, but I was very well hydrated before and after, and so far... nothing bad has happened, thankfully! The hope is this will move me back to my normal low-density levels.

Well, anyway, I'm so looking forward to 2021 as I know you all are too! 2021,yay!

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 10:43 AM  
fanofladyvols

Beth I'm sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed but it does sound like you have taken a proactive approach...so good for you!
Oh..and enjoy your new carpet!! New flooring makes a house feel new

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 04:41 PM  
tangerine

Beth, sorry to hear about diagnosis - it sounds like the shot is working well with no side effects, so that's something positive! I can't wait for 2021 either!!

Cher, I hope your sister is doing okay, hope the radiation takes care of it all and that she has a quick recovery.

Mell, I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes on my husband's job search. Life is throwing a lot of curves to us all in 2020.

I recovered from that bout of whatever horrible thing it was, it took a while - I considered getting tested for COVID but I'm not sure the tests are that reliable and I would have had to get a doctor's appt to get it done. I might get an antibody test at some point if I need to know.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 09:05 PM  
AnMrsDe

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, Beth, but it does sound like you're on top of the preventative measures, so that's good. Hopefully the infusion will help. Keep up the weight bearing and weight workouts....you're doing so good! Enjoy your Cathe rotation!!

tangerine, so glad to hear from you this month and that you're feeling better!! Good luck to your husband this month to find the job that fits.

Jane, congrats on your new job!! Hopefully it'll be everything you hope it to be!!

T2B, sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis and hoping that he will recover very quickly!! Healthy vibes being sent to your family!!

~~~Here's to a HEALTHY & GREAT December for us all~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 07:17 AM  
Cher

My sister had her first radiation treatment Monday afternoon. They sad 25% of the people that get it have ALOT of pain after the first treatment. Of course, my sister had to be in the 25% group. 😢 She stayed at her BF Jim’s that night and Jim was almost going to take her to the ER it was so bad. He finally got a hold of her doctor and he sent in a prescription that Jim picked up and she said it helped. Her back pain has been getting worse and worse since September so it just figures. She has her 2nd treatment this morning so hopefully this one is not as bad. There are only 3 total treatments so one more after this. Hopefully this works.

My cousin is still in the hospital. It has been 2 months and they still can’t figure out what is going on. He has a blood infection that supposedly went away and almost going to release him to rehab, now it is back again.

Beth, sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Glad you are not having any side effects from the infusion.

Tangerine, thanks for the well wishes about sister. Glad you are feeling better. Good luck to your husband this month in his job hunt.

T2B, Sorry to hear your brother tested positive. I hope he is doing okay. I don’t think I posted here that my BIL (DH’s brother) got sick and on day 10, ended up in the hospital with pneumonia. He had never gotten tested prior to going hospital (but had been home since the day he got sick). They did test him in the hospital and was positive. He stayed for 4 days then was released and told to stay quarantine for 10 more days. He is doing better but starting to go stir crazy. He has no idea where he might have gotten it from since he is retired and lives alone and doesn’t go out to many places.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 07:48 AM  
T2B

Cher - sorry your sister was in that 25%. Praying that the 2nd treatment goes well.

Will be back later to chat...

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 08:27 AM  
donnamp

Cher - I hope your sister is feeling better now. And, ugh, sorry about your cousin also being in the hospital And, that is crazy about your BIL.

T2B - hope your brother is feeling better.

Tangerine - hope your DH's job search is going well.

These are crazy and stressful times.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 10:27 AM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Yesterday I was feeling fatigued and feverish, so I started back on Tylenol and am so much better today. I have medication sensitivities and am considering myself very blessed to not have experienced some of the horrible experiences I read on the internet.

fanofladyvols, thank you! Wouldn’t you know it, our older dog decided to sniff out the new carpet last night and then promptly peed on it. I think she did it on purpose! So now we have the area blocked off with temporary gates until we figure out a better solution.

tangerine, I’m so sorry about your husband’s job. I know it must be stressful to search during Covid, but hopefully things will start improving soon with the vaccines being introduced. My brother has been looking for a job for a long time and he is just now starting to feel more upbeat about it. He quit his previous job a year ago thinking he would find another right way, and then Covid happened.

AnMrsDe, thank you! I was feeling very sorry for myself on Monday, but am back to my cheerful self. I can’t imagine how bad the t-scores may have been if I didn’t lift weights!

Cher, I‘m so sorry to hear that your sister was in pain. That is the scary part about medical treatments, not knowing which percentage you will be in. I hope she will be feeling better very soon.

Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 11:20 AM  
fanofladyvols

Char..24 sets?? I gotta start a Set Buying Challenge for myself!!

AMD the last time I visited my son I did that to his apt. I was actually proud of how well kept it was ..but he needed a little help. He didn't even bother to stop me..haha.

beth that rotten pup! I agree that sounds purposeful ..like" eww this doesn't smell right..better mark it since it's gonna be mine. "

tangerine Sending your husband some good luck for his job hunt.

T2B, Cher, and Mell sending you each healthy vibes for yourself or your loved ones.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 11:43 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth - sorry to learn of your diagnosis - I wish you the best with the Reclast.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just the workouts