Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-20-19, 03:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Glad to see there are plenty of other enablers here!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 03:29 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I haven’t done IMAX4 yet but the 4 Day split step workouts are 30 minutes and would probably work really well to add on to the Step Boss workouts for those of us that want a little more. They should use the same equipment and Cathe’s style would be the same as well. Also the warmup is always its own chapter so easily skipped. Crosstrain would also work well too, I think, I haven’t done those workouts in years.

I also really, really like the premixes on 4 Day split. The total body weight premix uses heavier weights, a slower pace and leaves me feeling well worked. I also like the step premix that mixes both high and low step routines together to make a nice hour long workout.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 04:35 PM  
manleym

Good idea about adding 4 DS with Step Boss. I just bought Step Boss from VF Roost, and should have them soon.

I also like the cardio premix which has the kickboxing and bootcamp. It's a great cardio workout!

So do ya'll use 1 riser or two when doing the step workouts? I wasn't even thinking and used 2 risers per side, but noticed Cathe only used 1 riser per side. Guess it doesn't matter. The extra riser would just increase the intensity, correct?
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 04:38 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Good idea about adding 4 DS with Step Boss. I just bought Step Boss from VF Roost, and should have them soon.

I also like the cardio premix which has the kickboxing and bootcamp. It's a great cardio workout!

So do ya'll use 1 riser or two when doing the step workouts? I wasn't even thinking and used 2 risers per side, but noticed Cathe only used 1 riser per side. Guess it doesn't matter. The extra riser would just increase the intensity, correct?
I only use one riser.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 05:14 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

I also only use one riser. I tend to trip if I have to use two. After using one for so many years my brain is trained exactly how high to lift my foot etc. If I use two, I have to really concentrate. If you’re tall, two might be ok otherwise it could be hard on your knees.

I’ll have to try the kickbox boot camp premix. I haven’t done that one yet.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 06:26 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

ENABLERS, ALL OF YOU!!!!

Yeah, the premixes on this are what really have me wanting it! So much versatility and great idea as add-ons with Step Boss!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-19, 06:52 PM  
manleym

Well that makes alot of sense. I used two risers per side for both 4 DS and CTE and did notice my knees telling me about it by the end of the week. Thanks for the feedback, Horusosiris and Cjayd. Maybe I'll just use one riser per side next time and see how my knees respond.

Kittybug, we are all here to help enable anytime! Glad to do it!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4 day split, 4ds, cathe, cathe 4 day split, cathe 4ds