Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-20-17, 02:20 PM  
ncl

Cathe 4DS for 4 weeks

Hi all. Inspired by some threads here on the upcoming Fit Split by Cathe where her 4DS series was mentioned, I realized that I never really used these videos to their potential. I occasionally did the step workouts, but never did the strength. I had given up on more heavy weight lifting convinced I was going to get injured, but my body was just softer than i wanted it to be and I missed heavier weight work and I did lose some strength doing lighter weight/higher reps for a long time, so I decided to give these a try and I LOVE the results I am seeing and feeling.

First, after doing these workouts, I feel fantastic. I don't feel drained, I don't feel like I am being repped to death and the soreness I get from them I get over but I feel worked out, calm and energized for the day (I workout in the morning). It is a testament to how good i feel after these that I did a 4 week rotation with them. Very difficult for me to finish even a short rotation.

Next, my strength has definitely increased. I am noticing this because the weights are increasing in the workouts themselves and I like to ballroom dance and my legs have real stamina now whereas in some dances my legs were previously getting fatigued, which was significant limiting factor. No more!

AND, my body looks better (and just in time for my HS reunion which was last night). I haven't weighed, but I look thinner and more firm/less jiggly, which I love love love!

Super excited about my results with these. I think I am going to take a week of relative rest then move on to the Xtrain strength workouts which I have never done before.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 03:10 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Hi all. Inspired by some threads here on the upcoming Fit Split by Cathe where her 4DS series was mentioned, I realized that I never really used these videos to their potential. I occasionally did the step workouts, but never did the strength. I had given up on more heavy weight lifting convinced I was going to get injured, but my body was just softer than i wanted it to be and I missed heavier weight work and I did lose some strength doing lighter weight/higher reps for a long time, so I decided to give these a try and I LOVE the results I am seeing and feeling.

First, after doing these workouts, I feel fantastic. I don't feel drained, I don't feel like I am being repped to death and the soreness I get from them I get over but I feel worked out, calm and energized for the day (I workout in the morning). It is a testament to how good i feel after these that I did a 4 week rotation with them. Very difficult for me to finish even a short rotation.

Next, my strength has definitely increased. I am noticing this because the weights are increasing in the workouts themselves and I like to ballroom dance and my legs have real stamina now whereas in some dances my legs were previously getting fatigued, which was significant limiting factor. No more!

AND, my body looks better (and just in time for my HS reunion which was last night). I haven't weighed, but I look thinner and more firm/less jiggly, which I love love love!

Super excited about my results with these. I think I am going to take a week of relative rest then move on to the Xtrain strength workouts which I have never done before.
How long has your rotation been? That's awesome !

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 03:44 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Would you mind sharing your rotation? I've had these for years and I too have never used them to their potential and I'm not even sure why.

Thanks!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 04:37 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontmindthemess View Post
Would you mind sharing your rotation?
Yes please!

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 04:58 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

Attached is Cathe's suggested rotation. I'd like to do this one again but sub out the cardio.

Hi Everyone! I hope you enjoyed getting familiar with the new 4 Day Split workouts. The following rotation will help you get excellent results with them. You can expect to develop nice lean muscle mass, muscular strength, muscle contour, as well as burn body fat, calories, and of course, condition your heart. If you are a cardio lover, feel free to add in your choice of cardio on an off day, but it is not necessary. Especially if you are eating clean :7. Also, I have added an occasional Yoga/Pilates/Total Body Stretch day (any workout of your choice in any length or style). These type of workouts are a nice compliment to heavy training. They lengthen muscle fibers, aid in DOMS recovery, and support one of the major components of physical fitness: flexibility.

WEEK ONE:
Mon: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back
Tue: Kickbox/Legs & Core
Wed: Yoga/Pilates/Stretch of choice
Thurs: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders Calves & Core
Fri: Boot Camp/Bi & Tri
Sat: off or optional cardio of choice
Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:
Mon: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back
Tue: off
Wed: Kickbox/Legs & Core
Thurs: off or yoga/pilates/stretch
Fri: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core
Sat: off
Sun: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

WEEK THREE:
Mon: OFF
Tues: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back
Wed: Kickbox/Legs & Core
Thurs: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core
Fri: Boot Camp Bi & Tri
Sat: Yoga/Pilates of choice
Sun: OFF

WEEK FOUR:
Mon: Slow and Heavy Legs
Tues: off
Wed: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back
Thurs: Kickbox/Legs & Core
Fri: OFF
Sat: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core
Sun: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 05:17 PM  
bubbles76

Thanks! This makes it about an hour a day, but the off days make up for it. I would definitely do yoga on one of those days, possibly both.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 07:13 PM  
ncl

I did my rotation for 4 weeks.

Each week, i did each 4DS workout, then whatever other workout I wanted to on day 5 (which for me were Cathe low impact HIIT or Kari Anderson Hi/lo or step workouts). I had one rest day and one day of yoga. A couple of times, I subbed in other 30 minutes cardios before the weight work just to shake things up.

It looked a lot the first week of Cathe's rotation.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 09:11 AM  
katmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post

Did you make use of the premixes or use the full workout each scheduled day?
Old 08-21-17, 10:41 AM  
tiletha444

Hmm...all this talk of 4DS is making me want to pull it off the shelf!!! It is an excellent DVD series. I don't know why I don't do it more often...
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 11:11 AM  
nckfitheart

I too, am inclined to revisit the full 4DS set. I have visited both steps and kickboxing segment than the weight and bootcamps ones.

I just need to remember to take a deep breath before pushing up around the clock Lol
nckfitheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe 4 day split, cathe 4ds, cathe 4ds rotation