Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-13-21, 07:06 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was Fit Split Mixed Cardio/Pull Day and a walk in town with DH.

Cher - I have been getting up around 4 a.m. the past two days and I haven't taken anything to sleep either. I try to take a Tylenol no more than once every week or two.

Karjoy
- The cases are out of control here too. It's not as bad as FL since restaurants and gyms are still at 50% capacity but with people's selfishness in not masking and social distancing the deaths and cases keep going up. We are finally moving to phase 1B this week, which is vaccinating essential workers and people 75 and older. It's frustrating how slowly the vaccinations are going.

Waves to all. Have a good day.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 07:47 PM  
Vantreesta

I finally mailed the Christmas cookies I made for my dad and my brother's family today! I also ran Alice through the car wash and got dog food then shoveled the slush off the sidewalk. We're under a winter storm watch the next two days, could get 4-8" of snow and 40 mph winds. I'm not sure how our walks will look!

I don't think I've reported my workouts yet this week. Monday was Qi Gong day 26, Perfect 30 Low Impact HIIT, Perfect in Ten Stretch -upper body, back & hips, Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 9, YT (Sadhana day 11), 3 dog walks totaling 3.91 mi.

Tuesday was Qi Gong challenge day 27, Crossrope 12 Days of Crossrope day 4, .9 mile for Dark Horse Rowing: Rowvember day 9, J. Miller YTU Quick Fix Upper Body Series -10 min shoulders, Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 10, YT (Sadhana day 12) and 3 dog walks totaling 5.27 mi.

Today I didn't do much bc I haven't been able to get anything done around the house so far this week so all I did was Qi Gong challenge day 28 and Fightmaster Yoga: Yoga for Beginners 30-day Challenge at Home day 11, YT (Sadhana day 13). Will have 3 dog walks again but not as far as the other days.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:06 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was 40 minutes on the elliptical. I would have done more except I had to take DH to pick up his car from the dealer for service.

Vannie - That's a lot of wind and snow! I hope you are stocked up. I can't imagine trying to take a walk in that!

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.
Old 01-14-21, 08:34 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Leslie’s Purple Mile and a yoga workout off the Peleton app.

Joseph has an interview today. Praying it works out. He had a phone interview Monday. Then they called Tuesday morning for his references and we have heard they did call them. They then called back Tuesday afternoon to set up an in person interview for today.

JBliff - The Tylenol didn’t work for me last night. I still woke up at 3:30. I did try to stay in bed and listened to a few relaxation things on my phone and finally fell back to sleep for about another 90 minutes (after being awake for about that long). Our Covid cases have been steadily dropping here.

Vannie - Your snow is supposed to be here this weekend.

I have to go sit with my MIL this afternoon while my SIL goes to an appointment. At least I get to see little Mara today (the cute little dog).
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 09:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi ladies. My DH got his Covid shot This morning at our office. He got Pfizer and I got Moderna. We get small amounts of different vaccines at different times. No sore arm yet for him and I remember my arm started getting sore within a few hours.

I did a 5 mile Peloton run tonight and rested yesterday. Still enjoying the Peloton ap a lot. We had a beautiful 58 degree day today but last night it got down to 28. It was only supposed to get to 35 so it was quite a shock.

Vannie that weather sounds brutal! Bundle up. Have you always lived in a cold weather area?

Cher I don’t know what the Covid situation will be like for you at vacation time. Gosh I hope you can come! I hope Joseph has good luck with his interview.

Jbliff our vaccination rate is also slow but it seems to be steady and maybe increasing a bit. There are some issues with the vaccine itself: it has to be thawed, and once it is opened it has to be used within a few hours. It cannot be further stored when it has been opened and the vial entered with a needle. I hope your sleep improves.

Howdy Gibbee, miss you. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 07:51 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Jessica Smith 30 Minute Toning Walk and Bonus 20 Minute Chair Stretch from her Walk the Weight Off 30 Day set.

Joseph got the job!!!! Yay!!!

Karen - Glad your DH could get the vaccine. Our county only got 1000 vaccines last week and only 3500 this week. At this rate, it’ll take years to get everyone vaccinated here. (Our county has an estimated 876,000 people). Wow, it got pretty cold down there!
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 08:13 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was Fit Split Push Day + 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Cher - That is awesome news about Joseph's new job. They must really like him since it seemed to move pretty fast. Will he telecommute or would he need to be in the office? The Tylenol didn't use to really work for me but for some reason it started working this year.

Karjoy - That's great news your DH finally got his first shot. My nephew who's a doctor in Tampa got his second shot a couple of weeks ago. My FIL in NC is supposed to get his first shot this week I think. I've read about vaccines getting thrown out because they were expiring and it's such a shame when other places don't have enough.

Hi to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 01-15-21, 09:42 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hey guys, my DH had NO side effects to the vaccine. So glad. he did the shot yesterday in case he had a sore arm today, since Saturday is golf day, but he has had nothing to speak of.

Cher DH ran some figures and OMGawd it IS going to take forever to vaccinate everyone at the present rate. Hopefully we can increase the rate of vaccination soon. So glad Joseph got the job! That is wonderful. You must be very proud of him. Gosh that is a pitiful amount of vaccine for such a large population.

Jbliff I have nurse friends who got their second shot last week and are doing fine.
They live near Orlando and Tampa where there are hospitals that huge patient populations.

Gotta go. Long run is early in am. Waves to Gibbee and Vannie, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 11:27 AM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was the first 60 minutes of Tae Bo Ultimate + an episode of Essentrics from PBS.

Karjoy - That's great your DH isn't experiencing any symptoms. Our state has now expanded the vaccination pool to people 65 and over and people with underlying conditions starting Jan 19, but the health departments are definitely not prepared and we don't have enough vaccines

Waves to all. Have a good day.