Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-21, 07:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 15 (met con) - 22 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Lower Body Love - 17 minutes

I enjoyed Pahla's workout - I used my "moderate" weights, which for Pahla's stuff is 4 lbs, for all but a couple of exercises where I used my lighter ones.

I rejoined Smriti's streaming site - I was missing her workouts - they are definitely more my speed, and she gives lots of modifications. She isn't as polished as Jessica Valant, but I still like her.

Nice job Dana! Chalene's workouts were always good for a mood boost - lots of fun! I wish I could still do them, but I'm afraid there's entirely too much impact for me.

Donna - interesting about Adrienne. I know we all change - my workout preferences have certainly changed over the years. As for Smriti, if you go to her site, https://pilatesnest.com/ and scroll down, you can subscribe to her latest 5 day challenge (workouts are 15 minutes each) and get a full length workout as a bonus. She also has a different 5 day challenge starting on January 25th: https://pilatesnest.com/nestblog/resetretreatsignup.

Waves to all~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 08:00 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Nice job Dana! Chalene's workouts were always good for a mood boost - lots of fun! I wish I could still do them, but I'm afraid there's entirely too much impact for me.
Carol, I followed Mindy and Anna Rita and kept it fairly low impact but this was one fast workout. I loved it. I'm feeling it right now, but in a good way.

So far, I'm enjoying Jessica Valant's workouts although I haven't done a lot of them. I like her no-nonsense attitude and a little different spin on pilates.
Old 01-16-21, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did manage to squeeze in Pahla's Day 14 workout which was body weight strength and today, so far, has been:

Pahla B- Walk off the Weight Series -Day 15 - Met Con
Beginning Yoga w/ Chrissy Carter - Practice # 1 - Connect

Both were enjoyable. I enjoyed pulling out the DVD for yoga - for a change. With You Tube around I do tend to forget about my DVDs!

Dana - wow, great memories I have of Turbo Jam. I did keep a few of their DVDs. I should review them just for fun and to see if I would want to do them again. I like Jessica's take on Pilates as well and I do find her workouts easy to fit in to whatever else I'm doing and the template for her monthly calendar works well for me, too. I did sign up for Emma's new challenge that starts on the 18th - so I'm hoping to try at least some of her stuff!!

Carol - thanks about Pilates Nest! I signed up for the challenge that starts 1/25! And I'm hoping to fit in some of Emma's challenge, too. I think at this point, Pilates and Classical Stretch are more beneficial to me than yoga....I want to like yoga, but I think I'm sort of in a different phase right now. I'll still add it on here and there, but I think my focus will be more Pilates and CS for my "mind/body" workouts.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 08:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Outdoor Walk - 35 minutes;
Pilates Nest - Strengthen & Stretch with the Band - 18 minutes

It was a relatively nice day outside, so we took a walk in the sunshine, without the dogs. I wouldn't exactly call it cardio, but it was enjoyable.

Donna - I always enjoyed Chrissy Carter's DVD, especially the setting! I hope you enjoy Smriti's Challenge. The workouts are all about 10 minutes and very nice, as I recall. I think I've only done them once, so I am looking forward to doing them again.

Dana - Oh my goodness, I was tempted into buying the Turbo Jam 2 DVD set on EBay. We'll see how well that goes.

Waves ~

Carol
Old 01-17-21, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a long walk w/ my DD.

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1108

Pahla B - Walk off the Weight - Day 16 - Walking w/ Bursts - this was probably my least favorite of her workouts. It was either 1 min or 50 seconds of walking - literally in place - followed by 10 seconds of another exercise as a 'burst'. The walking in place is not my favorite. I could have used the bike for the walking intervals but then not enough time to get on/off and still get the other stuff in. Anyway...it is over! LOL!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 10 Min Morning Stretch for Beginners

My DD has a horse show today - so lots of standing around...LOL!

Nice job, Carol! We had a nice day for walking yesterday as well.

Waves, Dana and Brenda...

Donna
Old 01-17-21, 09:22 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

JS Pyramid Power Walk - 30min
JV Pilates with Weights #2 - 20min

I started out with Gina B's Dance that Walk - the first one. I only did 10min of it. It was released on DVD which I don't have but it was free on Amazon, so I've decided to give it a try. I did her Cardio Party few days ago and enjoyed it, but not this one. It was very much beginners "dance" and at least the first 10 minutes had this Latin vibe which is not my favorite music to exercise to. My hearbeat was so low that I might as well have been asleep. Meh.

I did like Jessica Valant's weights workout. Some nice weight work and not too much of anything.

Carol, LOL on being tempted into buying TJ set! I hope you enjoy some if not all of it. They move fast but you can always modify. I do and the music is great!

Donna, have fun at the horse show today.

Waves to Linda, Brenda, Christine and Cheri!
Old 01-17-21, 06:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

A little extra time today, so I caught up on the Pahla workout I missed yesterday:

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 16 (walking with bursts) - 22 minutes & Walk Off the Weight - Day 17 (walk & stretch) - 25 minutes;
Jessica Valant - 10 Minute Pilates Basics;
Jessica Smith - Fit in 15 - Chair Stretch - 15 minutes

I actually enjoyed both of Pahla's workouts - I was expecting not to like Day 16 - I don't generally like Pahla's straight up walking workouts - but there was enough variety because of the "bursts" (low impact cardio moves done for 10 seconds) which were interspersed that the workout went pretty fast. I really enjoyed Day 17 - the walking with longer stretch intervals. I do think I like this Weight Loss series better than Pahla's original one.

Dana - I'm sure there will be lots of modifying going on. Looks like there was a set on January's Share the Wealth thread, but did I look there first?? Of course not, I bought it off EBay (but didn't spend much $$).

Donna - Hope the horse show went well today!

Waves ~

Carol
Old 01-18-21, 08:16 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

No workout for me this morning. I have an 8am appt for a dental cleaning and then I have to go to work. I don't know why I thought - back in the summer - that 8am appt will be a good idea in January. It's barely light out.

I doubt I'll get a workout in later today but there is always tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 01-18-21, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I survived the horse show - the worst part of the whole thing is standing around in the cold....forever...and then my daughter does her thing, in a few minutes its over and that's it! She did win 3rd for one of her events and 5th for the other. Her horse is getting better at competing - he used to get really freaked out about being in a new place, but he is getting more used to traveling.
Anyway, it was one of those very damp days yesterday - not overly cold, but the dampness....

On to today....

Ellen's Moving for Beauty
ePilates - 21 Day Pilates, Barre, Yoga Challenge Day 1 - this was an enjoyable back to basics routine. I like Emma's teaching style and pacing.

I may do Pahla's workout today or I may not...I am behind one day so today would be Day 17 for me which is the walk/stretch...I'll see how my day goes.

Dana - I think I have an early dentist appointment in Feb - I am guessing I made my appointment so early b/c I had thought I'd be back at work by then...but I don't think we are going to be back in Feb. From what I hear, and I'm not sure of the source, Maryland is woefully behind in vaccinations and we are still in Phase 1A.

Carol - glad you enjoyed both workouts - I have to admit Day 16 was not a favorite and while I think I'd be ok w/ the stretching in Day 17 - I'm not sure about the one minute walking intervals....so I may skip Day 17 entirely - I do a lot of stretching on my own anyway, but we shall see. So, you think this series is better than her last Weight Loss series? I'm still considering doing her other WL series next month, but I also have some other thoughts in mind as well. What I do like about this series is that I have plenty of energy left over after my workouts...and since I like to do a variety of things...that is good.

Waves, everyone ---

Donna
Old 01-18-21, 09:01 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi Everyone,

I survived the horse show - the worst part of the whole thing is standing around in the cold....forever...and then my daughter does her thing, in a few minutes its over and that's it! She did win 3rd for one of her events and 5th for the other. Her horse is getting better at competing - he used to get really freaked out about being in a new place, but he is getting more used to traveling.
Anyway, it was one of those very damp days yesterday - not overly cold, but the dampness....

On to today....

Ellen's Moving for Beauty
ePilates - 21 Day Pilates, Barre, Yoga Challenge Day 1 - this was an enjoyable back to basics routine. I like Emma's teaching style and pacing.

I may do Pahla's workout today or I may not...I am behind one day so today would be Day 17 for me which is the walk/stretch...I'll see how my day goes.

Dana - I think I have an early dentist appointment in Feb - I am guessing I made my appointment so early b/c I had thought I'd be back at work by then...but I don't think we are going to be back in Feb. From what I hear, and I'm not sure of the source, Maryland is woefully behind in vaccinations and we are still in Phase 1A.

Carol - glad you enjoyed both workouts - I have to admit Day 16 was not a favorite and while I think I'd be ok w/ the stretching in Day 17 - I'm not sure about the one minute walking intervals....so I may skip Day 17 entirely - I do a lot of stretching on my own anyway, but we shall see. So, you think this series is better than her last Weight Loss series? I'm still considering doing her other WL series next month, but I also have some other thoughts in mind as well. What I do like about this series is that I have plenty of energy left over after my workouts...and since I like to do a variety of things...that is good.

Waves, everyone ---

Donna
I couple of things to clarify - Day 17 is 1 minute walking, then 2 minutes stretching, so it isn't too bad. I agree with you about Day 6 - it was a killer. Pahla got a lot of complaints about Day 6 in her Facebook group.

This series seems more varied than last year's series. I think there was more just plain walking with last year's set, but I could be totally wrong. I've done a lot of Pahla workouts in the last year and they may be running together.

Carol