Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-14-21, 09:59 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- That's great news that your parents were able to get the vax. Yes, 15 minutes after any shot is standard practice. I hope your energy levels pick up!

Today, I wanted to go for a walk so I took an anti-inflammatory and did it. My foot seemed a bit better. I walked for one hour, but slower than usual. I have another walk planned tomorrow with Woody and his other-mother....so that one will be slower too!
Old 01-15-21, 08:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

37 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

It was almost 50 degrees yesterday!
I actually got pretty warm with my down coat. I am planning a walk today before the rain and probably swings though I would like to do some weights but I can't get motivated. And I paid for that darn MR streaming for the year. I know I'll get to it one of these days.

PENGUIN, nice workouts for a low energy day again. I'm glad your parents got the vaccine.

NORA, good news on the walk.

Waves to all. Enjoy the day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 06:29 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, I'm glad to hear that your foot is doing better. And that the walks don't seem to be making it worse.

SB, as you said I'm sure you'll get your money's worth on the MR. Some times it just takes a while to get motivated, especially after not feeling well.

More energy today. I did Fitness with Cindy. I'm adding in more arm movements to see what my shoulder does. Fat Blasting HIIT for Seniors, Calorie Blasting cardio for Seniors {while this was longer, I felt it was more intense than the HIIT workout ;D} and I watched 7m Balance Practice while I stretched out. Her black lab decided to join her. This was filmed in a little 6x10 sunroom in her house. She had a chair in the corner with a lamp. I would have knitting there and a sewing desk to take advantage of all the light!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-21, 09:41 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

38 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

Same old same old but at least I'm moving most days. I do want to get back to my longer walks and some weight work but I'll get there eventually. This routine seems to feel right for now. I am planning a walk today and probably swings and who knows after that.

PENGUIN, glad your energy was back for a nice workout. It sounds fun seeing all these different instructors houses and pets

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 01-16-21, 07:03 PM  
patchworkpenguin

So I've taken up quilting again due to my shoulder. I've been working on a baby quilt for the past few days and got it layered together for the quilting process. I've had some ups and downs with it, made a few big mistakes but nothing I couldn't fix {even if I didn't really want to!} but its getting there, I'm happy to say.

Today was Barre Dance. I started with a new to me instructor move with Nicole's 25m barre cardio. She had us to a short series of exercises then added a 'cardio burst' either jacks or knee ups. Then on to Reps to the Rhythm"s 2100steps Disco Groove #25 followed by 2200s Pop Remix #26.

SB, sometimes getting into a routine {any routine!} is the hard part. Just keep trying and you'll get to where you want to be. Cindy, in particular, used to film in a gym/community center setting, but now she's filming in her home, like many other instructors. Sometimes its interesting but sometimes its very distracting, looking at all there things or mentally re arranging their furniture :P

Stay warm!

Old 01-17-21, 09:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

46 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

PENGUIN, the quilting sounds great. I would never have the patience especially if something went wrong so I really admire your skill. I remember your mentioning one time about someone's kitchen cabinets distracting you in a workout. Too funny

Waves to all. Have a great day!

Old 01-17-21, 06:52 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, some days I just want to think about anything except what i am doing, especially if its a boring workout. Good job on the longer walk. I was watching a Tv show on quilting the other day and the younger quilter said she hoped to get to the skill of the older quilter. The older quilter replied, Oh please, I sewed me scissors into the quilt the other day. I was looking everywhere for them! I thought that was hysterical. I haven't made that mistake yet, but I've made enough so I know how to fix them.

Speaking of boring workouts, I thought I'd try a few new people or retry some other people. Mixed results. I didn't find anyone new that I would do again but I did re discover some that I knew I had tried before. I started with Yes2Next walking for Seniors. This was a cute daughter/elderly mother duo, while they were cute the workout was slow. Next I started two workouts but didn't finish either, so I went on to Rich Bhullar's 2000step Rock Walk, tried someone else, then finished with Lucy Wyndham-Reed's Indoor Walk and Tone This was a nice outdoor setting, she alternated walking for 30sec with easy standing bodyweight exercises for 30secs. She talked the whole time via voiceover but it was pretty good. I started another workout by Johanna Soh while I did my stretch and will give her another try sometime soon.

Old 01-18-21, 09:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR streaming #401
100 kettlebell swings

I didn't want to push after the MR workout because I'm still not feeling quite myself so I passed on the walk. I am planning to walk today and probably the swings too.

PENGUIN, boy I give you credit for persistence with all those duds you found on YT. I did subscribe to LWR's channel but I haven't tried anything from her yet.
I think most of them are pretty short so I should try one.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 01-18-21, 07:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, congratulations on the MR workout! LWR isn't a big favorite of mine, she talks more than Leslie! but she's started doing outdoor workouts which are nice.

I had another Golidlocks workout. I started with BodyBarre's Killer Butt Lifting workout, {ouch} then I tried an AfriFitness workout. I realized I hadn't done her workouts in a while so I tried one which turned out to be an arm workout. Umm. maybe later, then next was a 'teach us a routine' workout, and the last seemed to be a boxing workout where we would shuffle our feet the whole workout while throwing punches. I like Rachel's workouts because of the dancing. If I wanted boxing I'd do something else. This happened the last time I tried her workouts so I'm a bit disappointed. she's still on The List so I'll try her again. So I ended with Fitness with Cindy's Latin Style cardio workout. I saw this one the other day after I had finished my workout. The music was so low I couldn't hear it, and her pace was a bit frantic {for how tired I am} so I didn't enjoy it much. I did find two short Cumbia workouts by her that I will try to try next time.

This is the end of the work week for Hubby. We are both exhausted, but he made plans to fix his Mom's car tomorrow. We lent her {the family} our Explorer. So tomorrow my Dad is coming over, leaving Mom here with me, and driving out to other Mom's then they are driving the car to Friend's house {he had a 3 car garage out in the county} to work on the car {this is Friend that hurt his hand earlier. He had his pins removed to is on his way to healing. }. So this is going to be an all day event.

Old 01-19-21, 10:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

No workout to report for yesterday. My sister called me last minute and wanted to come visit. They had a plumber going over to their condo and she didn't want to stay there for distancing purposes. The condo is small so not a lot of space to distance. So that was right before I was planning to walk but it was nice to visit instead.

I am planning a walk today and hopefully pilates.

PENGUIN, at least you're moving with these hit or miss workouts. I'm sure we talked about it but I can't remember if you like Pahla B or not. She's a talker too though.
Have fun with your mom's visit today.

Waves to all. Have a good one.