Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-21, 08:55 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 7:
~Essentrics class on zoom
~BellyFit Rebel Rising - Did cardio only, about 25 min. It’s the last episode of BF TV season 2, really good, brisk pace with a kickboxing feel.
~5 km trail walk
~Kate Vantucci Yoga (YT): Hip Mobility - This was good, but not easy although it was mostly on the floor, had some challenging strength & ROM work.
~(YT) YogiBethC: Exploring the 8 Pillars of Joy guided meditation

Helen - Hope you get your computer up & running. I know that can be a bit tedious.

Cleda - Wishing you a smooth transition back to work.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 03:30 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - Going back to work after an absence is always an adjustment. I'm sure you are handling it well.
Pam - you are getting a lot of workouts/practices in your days!
Helen - I always left the computer stuff to hubby to set up and take down, since he was into all of that stuff at one time.
happilady - I may have to try another Reps to the Rhythm. I always liked him. Pahla got on my nerves after about 3 weeks. I liked her workouts, but she just talks too much for me.

1/6 - B3 Strength for Conditioning w/ Dustin
Day 2 of yoga challenge, Beginning Flow w/ Guy
1/7 - dog walk
Leslie's Walk, Run & Lift 40 minute, without Leslie!
Ashtanga Yoga Therapeutic Sequence
Day 3 of the challenge was too long, so I tried this instead. I'm still not sure what sets Ashtanga yoga apart, but it was nice and slow and stretchy, so I was happy!

There was no dog walk on Wednesday, as we were glued to the TV watching the horror unfold in our Capitol. I just hope that we can get back to being a civilized country again.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 03:08 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 8:
~5 km forest hike
~Body Groove: Mindful Movement
~Body Groove: Groovy Yoga 2
~YogiBethC’s Leaves in the River guided meditation (YT)

Lili - Nice workouts & yoga! Ashtanga yoga flows with breath, often through sun salutations between the poses.

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 01-09-21, 06:42 AM  
Helen

just popping in. Computer/s set up but had a hellish time getting a second monitor that was with the old one with work with the new one - have just about given up on getting it to work and face the prospect of having a single monitor.

Been a long day of back/forth to the shop trying different adaptors, watching YouTube, talking with online apple helpline....

The old second monitor is 2005. Old iMac 2010 - worked fine with adapter but 15 yrs difference now, may be too much.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 01:41 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Jan 9:
~Essentrics barre class on band
~6 km trail walk around a lovely lake
~Kate Vantucci Yoga: 30 min Gentle Flow (YT)
~Guided Meditation The Peaceful Forest (YT)

I hope you can sort out your computer woes Helen. That’s frustrating!

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-10-21, 09:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

And she's bbbbaaaackkkk

Good Morning Ladies! boy does work cut into my computer time?!? What's up with that. Went back Thurs., Fri & Sat. (Feels like i've been back for months!) but it truly cuts into my personal, fun, computer, workout time. What's up with that?!? AND ... I came back here to see, I had started to post and fell asleep .... ooops.

Helen: Good luck with the computer screen woes. I find that Apple doesn't like to play nice with any of it's older stuff. Almost forcing one to purchase newer models. Makes me angry! (but then I sound old!) I hope you find a solution. New computers (aka toys?) are always fun though. So enjoy.

Pam: so consistent! Love it.

Lili: I am limiting my time of news, anything tv for now. Yoga? Well, we all know how I feel!

Waves to happyladi and Kay!

On to my favorite subject: me, me and all me:

Can't believe the last check in for me was 1/5! I have been here reading though. Does that count?

1/6/2021: 15 mins. rowing (breathe), 10 mins. Core (Ben Aldis), 20 minute Core (Rebecca Kennedy), 10 mins. Yoga Flow (Denis Morton), 20 mins. Yoga Flow (Aditi), 20 mins. Boss Ride (ally Love - Cycling), 5 mins. post ride stretch

1/7/2021: Core 10 mins (Rebecca Kennedy), 10 mins. Glutes & Legs (Ben Aldis), 20 mins. Glutes & Legs (Selena Samuela) 20 mins. Country Ride (Ally Love)

1/8/2021: 30 mins. Bootcamp (tread & Upper body - Adrian Williams), 10 mins. Core (standing abs - love it -- Rebecca Kennedy)

1/9/2021: Rowing 30 mins. Breathe, 10 mins. Core (ands Speer), 20 minutes full body strength with Robin Arzon***

Rebecca Kennedy's 10 minutes core on Friday was standing abs. Mostly like Kickboxing. I love that. (I get so tired of doing all the ab work on the floor, planks, etc, )

The yogas? Don't fall over - I actually did them all and although they were challenging? I suppose they felt good. This challenge is forcing me to try workouts I would otherwise NEVER TOUCH with a 10 ft. pole.

My rowing? Is going just fine. I really like it. I use my (new) Merrill barefoot shoes. and I am doing great with the rows. It's like a moving meditation at times. . . (when I get in the right groove.) I have my little earbuds in (wireless) and off I go ... Row, row, row your boat as dh sings to me.

I know this all looks like a lot of working out, but it's not and time wise? Way less than I normally do so it feels weird. But, it's all good. And it all counts.

*** again, I chose the wrong one. Print was too small, it was a total body, I THOUGHT around the date that the challenge called for. It is still total body, so it counts. But as I was doing it (mostly kettlebell moves) I was thinking, "Wait a minute Wasn't Robin wearing that same outfit? OH NO !!!! --- Didn't I just did this one last week? Are they really repeating them this early in the challenge? with thousands of workouts to choose from? Oh doggone it .... I think I picked the wrong one." And i had. I think I need a day or two over from the one I chose. My dh laughs as he says I do this every single challenge at LEAST once and he's right. I'm just glad they aren't as strict in this challenge (we can substitute, choose one, two all of the workouts, they call it a "buffet" .) So I didn't have to do another one that night.

and leg day? I LOVE leg day. Cuz I LOVE working my legs. . .

that's it for now. Gotta run.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 12:52 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - hope you work out your monitor problems. I agree with Cleda that sometimes I think they try to get you to buy new stuff. Very frustrating!
Pam - thank you for the Ashtanga explanation! There is just so much out there, it's hard to pick.
Cleda - work definitely gets in the way of life! You are still managing quite a few workouts!
Waves to happilady!

1/8 - dog walk
20 min. Pop Full Body Workout w/ Robin (thank you Cleda!)
20 min. Yoga Slow Flow
1 Mile w/ Leslie
Bellicon's Anita Champion's Core Workout. I wasn't a big fan of this since most of it was done sitting on the rebounder and it was HARD! I never made it through a full minute of whatever she was doing, choosing to bounce a lot more than she did. Surprisingly, I really felt it in my abs the next day!
1/9 - dog walk
Leslie 4 Mile Walk Express (2 miles were without Leslie!)
Day 16 - Savor from Yoga w/ Adriene's challenge from last year.

I've made it through half of the Sadhana and I don't hate it! Some practices I've even enjoyed! I have a whole shelf of yoga DVDs I need to explore!

Old 01-10-21, 06:33 PM  
Helen

My new iMac arrived last week. Getting it set up was easy and relatively fast. Getting the external monitor I've had for 10 years with the old iMac - I've thrown in the towel. Tried innumerable combinations of adaptors, upgraded OS, restored it back to previous (as software I use every day didn't function with the latest).... read threads on Mac forums, watched YouTube clips of those who've done it with the same kind but 30" rather than 23", and connecting to a laptop rather than iMac - nothing worked. I've been very frustrated. The one I'm trying to connect is 15 yrs old but STILL sells on eBay for $300 and it's lovely.

Essentially the ONLY things I've done for the past week is "compulsory" workouts, dog walking, and fiddling with that monitor (and driving back & forth to the shop returning cables & buying different one).

Here's my doings for last week:

Mon., 4th Jan.
25min, morning dog walk, had to return due to rain arriving
42min, Cathe - LIS - Low Impact Challenge - Step Express 1 Mix, with buddy
43min, Adriene - Home Challenge - Day 1 Recognise, for Sadhana
20min, evening dog walk, caught a rain break, but checking every 5 minutes! Walk was ~10 pm
Tue., 5th Jan.
30min morning dog walk
45min, Steve Ross - Inhale Workout 1, from YouTube for Sadhana
60min, dog walk
57min, Cathe - Step Heat, for chrono
Wed., 6th Jan. first physio appointment for knee & shoulder
46min, Buti - Sweetly Twisted, for Sadhana
29min, Brazil Butt Lift - Cardio Axe + Tummy Tuck, with buddy
DH took Alice for a long walk
Thu., 7th Jan.
25min, Adriene - True - Day 1 Motive for Sadhana
41min, Cathe - Body Max - Power Circuits + Abs Mix/Match, with buddy
58min, Cathe - Step Max for chrono
Fri., 8th Jan.
31min, Adriene - Yoga Camp - Day 1 Accept, for Sadhana
Sat., 9th Jan.
40min, Wii - Biggest Loser - Yoga - Moderate, for Sadhana
30min, Cathe - Power Max, for chrono
Sun., 10th Jan.
24min, Adriene - Revolution - Day 1 Ease, for Sadhana
61min, Cathe - Body Max - Step Aerobics + Upper Body Mix/Match, with buddy
45min, dog walk, with buddy at dog-beach

No personals - I've also neglected chores that I need to get to.
I'll return for shout-outs as a reward for doing some of those (washing, weeding, vacuuming).
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 01:51 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick post & run....

Jan 10:
~BellyFit Cardio zoom workout: Ice Queen
~Neighbourhood walk
~20 min rebounding while watching YT ab muscle anatomy videos
~DoYogaWithMe: 30 min Hatha class
~Guided Meditation & Visualization: Peaceful Lavender Meadow (YT)

Waving to everyone!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 01-11-21, 10:22 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Helen - I hate wasting time trying to get something to work, that really should work, but for unknown reasons, doesn't! Good for you for still working out!
Waves to Pam, Cleda & happilady!

1/10 - dog walk and Yoga with Adriene, Yoga for Transitions.

I signed up for a StepBet, so there will be a lot of cardio in my future! I kind of cheated by signing up the last day of the warm-up week, so I only have to do 5 weeks!