Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-29-20, 08:36 AM  
Gams

OT - Concert tickets

I have concert tickets for the first week of November in northern MN. I called and was told the concert is still a go, but I know I wouldn’t be comfortable attending a concert right now. The tickets are clearly marked non-refundable, but I was thinking of calling and asking about a refund. I wouldn’t put up a fuss if they said “no” but I thought under the circumstances, it was worth checking to see if I could get my money back. Does that seem reasonable?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 08:41 AM  
sherry7899

It is extremely reasonable! If they give you a hard time, it is up to you if you want to mention anything about age, health issues, or a compromised immune system. I hope they refund you. Good luck!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 08:58 AM  
geojill

I would contact them and ask. After all, it’s a totally different situation than normal. I had some concert tickets for October, and was notified about a month or two ago that the concert will now be held next summer. Otherwise I wouldn’t have gone. I would definitely ask if it’s going to be rescheduled and if not, if you can have your money back due to Covid concerns.

It never hurts to ask.
Old 09-29-20, 11:20 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i agree - i would ask.

there may be a number of contacts you could try - the venue, ticketmaster, the performer, and possibly the concert promoter. maybe even contact your credit card company if all else fails.

i heard that some concerts are changing the way the performance is being done - like outdoor "drive-in movie" style, or like Jill said - postponed.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 12:14 PM  
Gams

It was originally scheduled for April, so has been postponed once. I can’t see an outdoor concert in MN in November plus it’s only a little more than a month away now so I would think they would announce any changes by now if there were going to be any.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 01:31 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I have concert tickets for the first week of November in northern MN. I called and was told the concert is still a go, but I know I wouldn’t be comfortable attending a concert right now. The tickets are clearly marked non-refundable, but I was thinking of calling and asking about a refund. I wouldn’t put up a fuss if they said “no” but I thought under the circumstances, it was worth checking to see if I could get my money back. Does that seem reasonable?
I had a bunch of tickets for shows this past summer and every single one was canceled or rescheduled for next year. Most of the tickets were purchased through Ticketmaster or Live Nation and I was given the choice of a refund or keep the ticket for the rescheduled date. I chose the refund because I don't think I'm going to be comfortable going to shows again until 2022.

I would contact the venue and/or the ticket company and request a refund. I honestly think a decent venue would refund.

What show is it? The only act I know of that is doing any shows this year is The Beach Boys - and they are doing drive-up shows in warm weather areas.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 01:52 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I had a bunch of tickets for shows this past summer and every single one was canceled or rescheduled for next year. Most of the tickets were purchased through Ticketmaster or Live Nation and I was given the choice of a refund or keep the ticket for the rescheduled date. I chose the refund because I don't think I'm going to be comfortable going to shows again until 2022.

I would contact the venue and/or the ticket company and request a refund. I honestly think a decent venue would refund.

What show is it? The only act I know of that is doing any shows this year is The Beach Boys - and they are doing drive-up shows in warm weather areas.
Same here. I asked for a refund. Not comfortable going anytime soon. Surprised venues are still having concerts unless the seating is really spaced out.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 02:03 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to request a refund and would be surprised if they refused.

I too had a show cancelled after being postponed first. We were given a one-month window during which to request a refund (this was before the band cancelled entirely) and I was surprised when I found out they were not refunding fees. They still didn't refund fees even when the show was officially cancelled! What a racket that is. It surprised me because I had another concert that was cancelled a couple of years ago and we all got everything back, including parking and fees, so I don't know what the deal was this time around, but it sure ticked me off!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 07:49 PM  
VainJane

It never hurts to ask. Depending what kind of organization is putting on the concert, they may not give refunds though. I had tickets to the Pacific Northwest Ballet in April for a work outing, and even though the ballet canceled all performances, they refused to give refunds, citing their nonprofit status. They issued credit for future performances (which won't happen for another year at the rate things are going). Luckily I had purchased the tickets on my company credit card and the expense was approved before all the COVID-19 closures and cancellations started happening.
VainJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 09:49 PM  
momofcha

I had a concert from April rescheduled to September 20th. They didn’t postpone it until September 18th and I then requested a refund

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19