Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you more tired lately?
I'm not especially tired lately. 21 16.80%
I'm a bit tired lately. 36 28.80%
I'm very tired lately. 39 31.20%
I'm really, really tired most of the time! 29 23.20%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-20, 08:24 AM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
Sorry, not to imply that my troubles in any way compare to what some of you are experiencing with the wildfires in the West.
_____
YADeb
Don’t diminish your stressors. They may be different, but they are just as real. I say this as I am preparing a cup of chai tea with cinnamon cbd honey to help get rid of the chest tightness I am experiencing from stress right now.
Old 09-21-20, 10:36 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetAnotherDeb View Post
Sorry, not to imply that my troubles in any way compare to what some of you are experiencing with the wildfires in the West.
_____
YADeb
No worries! We're all living out our own personal Twilight Zone episodes this year.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 11:34 AM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
We're all living out our own personal Twilight Zone episodes this year.
So true! Nothing is easy these days. I woke up this morning feeling overwhelmed.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 06:16 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
No worries! We're all living out our own personal Twilight Zone episodes this year.
You nailed it!

Since it appears you haven’t bugged out, are you safe for now?

I’ve never been easily brought to tears, but that has changed lately. Today it was the puppy dubbed “Trooper” rescued from a fire-ravaged area. A feel-good story and it had me all choked up. The irony was that in the story I read it sounded like Trooper was found inside a fire ring like people use in their yards. It saved him.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 12:40 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Count me in the group that needs more sleep. The days are getting shorter so instead of waking up at 6:30 AM (since spring), I'm sleeping in till 7 or 7:15 AM. This means less time to work out in the morning before the kids + work stuff kicks in. I am fortunate that i can work from home so I'm starting later (workout till later, get kids mobilized for preschool + distance learning) and then working till later (often till 7 PM or so when I then help out with kids and/or clean up around the house). Getting my 10,000 steps in sometimes means an after-dinner stroll around the neighborhood. Hubby's work schedule was nuts in August so I had to go part-time for two weeks and was at wit's end because preschool was closed for two weeks after a false positive (!) COVID result there. Hubby's work schedule is better till mid-Oct so hoping distance learning will move to in-person elementary school by then.

And then there was sudden death in the family in June -- I actually flew to the UK (it was indeed the twilight zone to fly between SFO and LHR and see almost no one on the plane and in two airports) to be with my sister after her husband died (literally keeled over one day) as she was widowed a second time in 8 years. And then came home to deal with elementary school mess and mobilized in three weeks to get my older kid into Catholic school (which in this part of town are more committed to returning young kids to classrooms and my kid is hankering for "real" time with friends and teachers).

Fingers crossed the oldies in Malaysia stay healthy because I can't even enter the country now... I'm so sorry to hear about everyone's worries and mourning of the elderly in their families. It's beyond awful to not be with our loved ones through their last days. So, so horrible.

It's all catching up to me now as work wasn't a cake walk for the year prior to the lock downs... and this morning I had to reduce my weights on Cathe's Pyramid Upper Body for the shoulder segment - LOL! And the fires and smoke in Northern CA made staying indoors hard (kids bouncing off the walls and hankering for video games, the bane of my existence) while no one wanted to see us outdoors. Oooof. Jessica Smith is always a great choice, as is walking outdoors when the air is decent -- doing something good for myself every day is essential as I have to muster up the patience and energy to take care of others.

Hang in there with your workouts, VFers! I really appreciate this community and how kind, respectful and empathetic we are towards one another
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 11:48 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

YADeb , we're still home. They haven't lifted the Evacuation Warning or changed it to an Alert (aka "Get Out!") It's a waiting game.

Tiffany - (((hugs)))!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 06:37 PM  
DCW

I am starting getting ready for bed earlier. Some more relaxing activities, funny TV shows, reading Snoopy and Charlie Brown.

My response to this Twilight Zone.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-20, 10:34 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I have definitely been sleeping more these past 6 months. I also have more difficulty staying asleep. I rarely used to wake up in the middle of the night. Now I do almost every single night. I am never fully rested when I wake up.

We have now officially entered the second wave here and all indications are it will be ugly winter. We all knew it was coming but it is still hard to hear. All my usual activities (hockey, basketball, etc) are not happening this upcoming year, and I am really missing seeing casual acquaintances. I stay in touch with family and friends but it is the smaller daily interactions I am beginning to miss -people I don't know very well, but with whom I would have occasional chats.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, face masks, fatigue, fireworks, new normal, sleep, stress