Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-20, 07:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Classical Stretch 1229 - Body Shaping - it was all standing, which is why I picked the episode, those are my favorite.

Trifecta Pilates - Challenge Day # 1 - 30 min of matwork w/ a circular band. I enjoyed this routine. The workouts I most enjoy from Beth are 30 minutes w/ "toys"/props. I feel that when she does shorter workouts they are rushed and the longer ones - well, I lose my focus.

I haven't been in the mood for cardio lately - but maybe DD and i will walk later.

Sherry - yea, there are some people in my life who will make comments to just try to fan the flames or something. I agree that w/ COVID it is best not to take chances. It is a shame that it became such a politically and emotionally charged issue.

waves, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 12:38 PM  
Leonana

I did some intense yard work this morning, lots of heavy lifting and picking things up. I'm too tired to do anything else today!

Our skies have been hazy the past few days. I found out it's due to the California wildfires. A pressure system is supposed to get rid of it this weekend. On the positive side, it's lowered our temps considerably by blocking the sun.

Donna, I think I will go to lunch every other week, and see how that works. I think they make comments because they want to vent about things that stress them out. Unfortunately, the comments stress me out, lol. It is too bad it has to get political.
Old 09-14-20, 07:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Gosh, I forgot to post yesterday. My DD and i resumed training at the horse rescue that we started late in 2019 and had to postpone due to COVID, so "barn chores" were my main workout. I also did CS 1224.

Oh - and i did take a walk outside, too. So I guess it was a pretty good workout day overall

Today i started The Balanced Life challenge and the ePilates barre challenge. I'm also considering doing the CS "Cardio" challenge that starts today w/ a free (as in no membership required) live stream at noon. I am really going to try to do it - and allow myself to take a 30 min break from work to make it happen.

Depending on how I feel about it, I may sign up for a month of CS streaming, but not sure b/c I really should be using stuff I already paid for more!

Anyway - I enjoyed both of these workouts this morning, I have worked out iw/ Robin before but this was my first time w/ Emma from ePilates and i enjoyed this intro to barre class.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. We are having the outside of our house painted today so it is going to be interesting trying to work w/ all that going on. I hope my dogs stay quiet.

Sherry - maybe lunch every other week would work better - people seem very passionate about these things.....

Waves,

Donna
Old 09-14-20, 11:21 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Took Friday and Saturday off last week. We did multiple day trips so didn't get much of a workout in (except for a bit of a hike on Friday in CT!)

Sunday was a low energy day so did a one mile Leslie from FitTV DVD which has a lot of ads. Wonder if this is a Gaiam produced DVD? Also did David-Dorian Ross Tai Chi Fit for over 50 (Balance) which was very slow moving. My hips were hurting from sitting in the car for so many hours the couple days before. He mentioned he was in beautiful Oregon setting/location for this series (so if he lives there) hope he is okay with all the fires and smoke!

Back to post more later...

ETA: Today I did Debra Mazda's Let's Get Moving Cardio and Toning with Weights. Felt pretty meh about her cueing (or lack thereof) and workout was just okay.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge

Last edited by Pam61; 09-14-20 at 03:18 PM. Reason: ETA added workout for today!
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 04:35 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a rest day. I meant to do yoga, but I have such a low motivation for stretching, even thought I need it.

I was looking for something different, but couldn't find any you tube channels that I liked. So it was back to Jessica.

Today was an older Jessica dvd, Train for Your Body Type. It was from 2006, and she looks so young! I like that it had premixes, and I was able to do the WU, Upper Body, Lower Body and CD. I doubt I'll use the cardio or ab workouts, so it was nice to use it as a total body workout. It uses low weights, but doesn't move too fast.

I decided to do all my dvd's, oldest to newest. We'll see how long I last, ha ha. I found two I'm putting in Share the Wealth, a 10MS with Michele Olson and Ellen Barrett's Crunch Fat Burning Pilates, the one with the bongo drum! I got rid of some older Jessica's previously, mainly 10MS, so I think I'm good on the ones I'm keeping, which are all of her workouts starting with 10PD Better Body Blast.

Donna, I'm glad you are able to do your horse training. We need to have our house painted so badly, but the guest bathroom is first on the list, since the tub is leaking. It's always something!

Waves to Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!
Old 09-15-20, 07:18 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been suffering from analysis paralysis lately when it comes to exercise, so I haven't done anything other than walk outside the past few days. But today I decided to start Jessica's 6 Week Master Rotation, which I haven't done in a long time. Hopefully, I can stick with it. I used to be very strict with following rotations, so not sure what has happened! Maybe it has to do with the pandemic and having too much time to think about what I should be doing instead of just getting on with it!

Sherry, I like your idea of doing all your DVDs oldest to newest. That sounds like fun! I have a couple of workouts I don't use so I'm thinking of listing those on Share the Wealth. I'm probably going to move to 55+ next year or soon after that. I just turned 54, so I'm giving myself this year to declutter because wherever I go will be smaller.

Donna, Barn chores sounds like a tough workout! I've never been tempted to buy any CS stuff because we have 5 PBS channels here and CS is on all of them at one time or another every day! I agree with your lack of motivation post. I think being home all the time has had the opposite effect I thought it would have and I just spend too much time thinking instead of doing, like I said above. I have accomplished a lot of decluttering though, so at least there's that.

Pam, It's great you've been getting out and going hiking, etc. I went for a walk at a local park yesterday and it was great because there was hardly anyone there now that school has started. This park used to be a golf course so it's huge and is a great place to walk.

Have a great day! I took last week and yesterday off, so it's back to work for me.
Old 09-15-20, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Count me in on the lack of motivation and ability to follow a rotation....don't know what is up with that -

Yesterday I actually did schedule a "meeting" for myself from 12 - 12:30 and i did the CS Live Stream workout w/ Sasha (who is a male, BTW - I believe it is a nickname for Alexander). It was a good routine. While Miranda was certainly innovative in developing her system, she is not always the best person to teach it and I find the other instructors to teach it in a better way - Miranda is just very chatty and as a result she sometimes loses her focus - maybe it is b/c of her doing mainly TV for so long?

Anyway.....

Today, so far, has been:

CS 1128 - Weight Loss - I'm still on the fence about signing up for streaming for a month - on the one hand, I have done it consistently since last Friday and my back and hips feel 100% better - and I know I'd be more motivated to use it if i paid for it - but I do own a lot of content, so there is no reason that I can't use what I have at home. However, the instructors on the streaming site are very good.....Oh and in Season 11 there are two workouts called "weight loss" so I picked the one that was all standing. One of them was supposed to be Day #2 of the cardio challenge.

The Balanced Life - Pilates Strong -Day 2 - nothing unusual in this one - I do like Robin and if her site wasn't so expensive I would probably sign up for a month here and there.

Later today I may do the ePilats Barre challenge which is all floorwork abs today. Or I may do something from Jessica Valent.

Sherry - that does sound like a fun way to go through your DVDs!

Pam - I think I have a step workout from Debra....will have to look...

wishiwasinhawaii - I so need to do some clutter clean up, too!

Waves, everyone -

Donna
Old 09-15-20, 12:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Scott Cole's Disco Dojo! What a fun, light day workout! Scott has such a good sense of humor, too!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-20, 11:05 PM  
Leonana

Well, that older Jessica workout really wore me out! I'm re-thinking this, lol. Fortunately, I have only three of her older dvd's that would be more difficult, Train For Your Body Type, Better Body Blast, and Cardio Abs.

Today was Goodwill day, and Dollartree. I was on my feet for about three hours.

I did pick up a dvd from Goodwill today. It's Karen Voight Sleek Physique. From what I can read on the back, there is strength, abs, cardio and yoga. But I just read the reviews here at VF, and it doesn't sound like something I'll keep. It definitely sounds better than the description on the back of the dvd!

wishiwasinhawaii, good luck with the decluttering of your dvd's!
Old 09-16-20, 07:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Let's see -- yesterday I set another meeting for myself at noon and my DD and i walked Summer (our Golden) for a bit - i also did manage to do Emma/ePilates Barre Challenge Day 2 - which was ab work.

Today, not surprisingly, I succumbed and joined Essentrics Streaming for a month - so this morning was:

Cardio Blast w/ Sasha - this was a standing and floor routine, a bit faster paced, particularly in the standing portions.

I succumbed b/c I really feel so much better when I do CS regularly and I'm thinking that having a plan/subscription may help me to be more consistent. It isn't that I don't enjoy their method, it is just that I like to do a lot of things! So, I think for now, my plan is to try to follow the 30 day plan that came out in April - it includes a morning and evening workout and I am going to try to get them both in -when I can - not making myself crazy. And, then try to fit in some cardio and strength too. In January I mixed CS w/ Jessica Valent's calendar and that went well - so I will probably do the same here.

I am also going to continue to set a meeting w/ myself during the work day to take a 30 min break - whether it be to go for a walk or to do something other than sit at my desk.

Pam - that sounds like a fun workout!

Sherry - I like KV - is that the DVD that has a pre-programmed "rotation" on it?

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii!!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong