Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-20, 09:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did three miles today with Leslie's 5 Mega Miles workout, which had two miles using the stretch band! I'm enjoying that for the variety. I also added dumbbells to the first mile to make it more challenging and up the intensity. Leslie is sure chatty in that first mile, though. ;-)

I intended to do more today, but kept getting interrupted by the phone during my workout. Oh well...another day....

wishiwasinhawaii "nothing to say!" That sure made me laugh today!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 08:39 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I got a late start today but did Leslie's Belly Blasting Walk (2 miles.) Pace is pretty quick and she's got all kinds of "boosting" moves to get the HR up, and some higher impact exercises in parts. Since core is the focus there is also lot's of twisting, which I'm sure to have some soreness in my back tomorrow. ;-) I did like the additional squat exercises (which were a plus) but this is not my favorite Leslie DVD. She also has two toning segments for abs, which I didn't do today. Too tired.

I also tried out Keli Roberts Gliding workout Booty Beautiful and did about half of the exercises. She also uses a Bodybar with this, which I just used an unweighted dowel since I was just trying out the exercises and mainly interested in the Gliding disks movements. She's really in great shape in this workout and looks amazing!

April Focus:
Old 09-06-20, 11:25 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was house cleaning and Jessica's FITIN15 Stretch workout. Today was her Barefoot Cardio from Feel Good Fusion.

Well, now I'm pretty sure it was the coffee creamer. My friend had the same meal as me from Chipotle, and shared it with her granddaughter. Neither of them got sick. She did not drink the coffee creamer, but said she picked one up, and it felt really warm to her. So, my detecting skills will go with coffee creamer, lol.

Pam, good job on the workouts!

Donna, I'm glad you had nice weather.

wishiwasinhawaii, I skip posting on rest days too most of the time. Until I have something exciting like food poisoning, lol.
Old 09-07-20, 08:23 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did:

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 7 - which was a walk on the treadmill for me.

Trifecta Pilates - Stretch and Strengthen workout - this one used a foam roller as a prop. I enjoy Beth's workouts when she uses different props.

Today, I went off the plan. My back is feeling a bit off, and I think it may be Pahla B. overload that is causing it. As much as I enjoy her workouts there is a lot of repetition between them and it is a lot of sneaky core work, which I think has caught up to me. That is about all I can come up w/ to explain why I'm feeling this way - b/c there wasn't an "a ha" moment where i felt that I tweaked something, so that is my working theory for now. It may be a combo of a bunch of stuff, too, but, needless to say doing a push day w/ heavier weights was not in the cards for me!

So I did:

Cocolime Fitness - Cardio M.I.T - 30 minutes - this was a bit more gentle and joint friendly for me this morning.

I also added on Trifecta Pilates - inner leg workout (8 min) w/ Pilates ring and Jessica Valent's Pilates for legs - I did skip some of the exercises in this one but overall it was a good routine.

So, I think I'll take this week off from Pahla and maybe pick it back up next week.....(or not, LOL!)

Sherry- I hope you are feeling better and that you are past the worst of it, no matter the cause!

Pam - nice workout w/ Leslie! Pahla also includes a lot of twisting and rotational movements, which are good for us - but I think I have over done it for the moment!

wishiwasinhawaii - the weather has been really nice this weekend!!

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 03:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Leslie's Jenny Craig Brisk Walk (two miles.) It was okay, but an oldie with different folks. I also added Paul Katami's ASAP Sculpt in 15 (Legs and Booty) floorwork. Nice and short add-on.

Donna, hope you back feels better soon!

Enjoy the day everyone!

April Focus:
Old 09-08-20, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I ended up taking an outdoor walk in addition to my workout and then I did a few yoga/stretch practices:

Blissasana (You Tube) - 10 Min routine for back care
Ellen B - Sunset stretch

Today, so far has been:

Chris Freytag - 1 Mile Power Walk (from Walk, Sweat & Sculpt) this is a nice routine, the time goes by pretty quickly!

Jessica Valent - Celebrate Your Body; 5 Min Triceps

I may sneak another walk in today, too.

Pam - I am feeling better, thanks, although still want to be cautious. I think that Pahla may be a bit too repetitive at times and it may end up resulting in over use injuries. For me, I think it is the standing/twisty core work and, honestly, some of the balance work - and both of those things are good for me, but maybe not daily.

Sherry - I hope you are feeling better after the food poisoning!

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

There are a couple of free challenges coming up over the next week or two, I have to decide which ones, if any, to do and how to work them in. Robin is doing a 5 day challenge, Emma from e-Pilates is doing a 5 day barre challenge and Beth from Trifecta is doing a 5 or 7 day (I can't remember which~) Pilates challenge. Beth said hers would be up for 10 days, so I will do hers last. Robin and Emma's are the same week - so I may end up doing both of those....15-20 minutes each workout...we'll see.

Donna
Old 09-08-20, 09:18 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Since yesterday was Labor Day, I decided I didn't want to 'labor' too much so I didn't do any workouts. I went to the beach on Sunday and got home very late (traffic) so I was tired anyway and just did boring things like laundry. This morning I decided to do a resistance workout from 22 Minute Hard Corps. I think I'll do that rotation for a couple of weeks and then go back to Jessica.

I'm off work this week so I'm going to do a bunch of things around here. Hope I can get more motivated than I am right now!

Waves to all!
Old 09-08-20, 04:01 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Leslie's Walk and Tone Walk (entire 5 miles!) Even though this is in the bat cave, Leslie is really good in this one...focused and solo! It sounds like a lot but the variety is such that it doesn't feel long and you are using toning bands in a couple of the miles to add something different (though in one of the miles she double up the bands!) Yowza!

Have a good one!

April Focus:
Old 09-08-20, 08:29 PM  
Leonana

Thanks everyone, I am feeling better. It lasted just a day and a half. But I haven't worked out last week or this week so far. I didn't sleep well Sunday night, so was tired yesterday. And today was Goodwill day, so about two hours of walking. I plan on working out tomorrow morning, and then I have filing for the Hospice. I'll probable do a shorter workout.

Donna, I have had muscle strain in the past from doing Pahla's workouts. I'm okay working out with her every once in awhile. I thought it was because I was so used to Jessica, but maybe not.

wishiwasinhawaii, a week off sounds really nice. Good luck with getting stuff done.

Pam, I've been looking for some workout dvd's at Goodwill, hoping to find some Leslie. The pickings are slim, and usually there are a lot. I guess with the gyms being closed, even Goodwill dvd's were in demand.
Old 09-09-20, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I was gearing up to do a Jessica Valent workout but the one I had in mind had a lot of squats and lunges which did not appeal to me! So I did:

CocoLime Fitness - 35 Min Total Body Workout - this is all body weight - she does 40 seconds on/20 seconds off - 3 'circuits' - two of them are all floor work. It was a good one for today - still feeling a tad achey and while working out I started to feel a little sick, too, but not sure what is up with that. Not COVID sick, but just off, if you know what i mean? Anyway, I'm glad I ended up buying her MITFit (Medium Intensity Fitness???) program back when she had it on sale. There are now 18 workouts included (she added 5 new ones recently). Some are short only 10 minutes and I don't love her cardio, but the toning workouts and stretching and a select few of the cardio workouts are good for me when I'm feeling a bit off. There is a 90 day rotation that is included, bu i'm not sure I could do these for 90 days straight, although it would be an interesting experiment. I would have to sub out some of the cardio - she does a lot of hip hop dance, and that isn't my thing.

Oh - I started my morning off w/ Yoga w/ Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement Day 7

Last night DD and I took our Golden out for walk - we have two dogs, a Golden (Summer) and a Lab (Bailey) and Bailey is getting too old for the long walks - she has quite a bit of arthritis and joint damage (she was a rescue and has chronic Lyme disease). So, we sort of have to sneak out of the house w/out Bailey finding out.

Hope everyone has a good day waves!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong