Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-20, 11:50 AM  
Leonana

I got back from Flagstaff Tuesday afternoon. I enjoyed my trip, it was about 15 degrees cooler there, in the mid 80's. I went with a friend who was visiting her daughter and son-in-law and granddaughters. Her husband had to work, so I went with her.

Unfortunately, I came down with food poisoning. I think it was from breakfast, the half and half coffee creamer, the kind that comes in the pods. They were warm, and I had the thought I shouldn't use it, then I thought maybe they were okay since they were sealed. Apparently not. I was pretty sick Tuesday evening, and Wednesday. But I'm almost over it today, and feel more normal. Just low energy.

I still enjoyed the trip, it was nice to get away. So, no workouts this week. I'll probably start Monday.

wishiwasinhawaii, Bearizona is a wild animal park with bears, wolves and buffalo. You drive through and can see the animals in the park while in your car. They have a small zoo with some younger animals. It was interesting to see the animals, but it was smaller than we expected. I think the drive was only about a mile, so it isn't a huge preserve. The zoo was very small. However, normally they have wild animal shows, with birds of prey, etc., but obviously can't have them now.

Donna, Yoga with Kassandra sounds interesting. Enjoy your three day weekend!

Pam, Flagstaff was really nice and I enjoyed the cooler weather. I have to admit though, I prefer the openness of the desert.
Old 09-03-20, 03:11 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I did Leslie's Just Walk 3 Mega Miles today. I started to add-on a Ramp workout with Gin and the DVD kept freezing, so did Linda Wooldrige's Resistance Band (Lower Body) from her Barlates Body Blitz DVD.

Sherry, so sorry to hear about your food poisoning. That's not fun at all! I hate getting food poisoning...yuck! I hope you're beginning to feel a bit better! Nice that you got some time away for a bit, though!

Waves everyone!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Gina B - "Decades" DVD (I can't remember the name of it!) But i did the last 70's walk on the DVD plus warm-up and cool down. While the choreography is a bit disappointing in this set - it really feels the same for all the segments. I did get over 3,000 steps from this 15 min segment (plus warm-up/cooldown). So, that isn't bad.

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 5 - This was core work on the floor. I actually really liked it - it seemed to hit all the right spots. I was thinking this wouldn't be a favorite of mine, but, surprise!

Yoga w/ Kassandra - 30 Day Morning Yoga Challenge - Day 5 - Not much to say, but i am enjoying Kassandra - and I like that she is focusing more on Yin yoga, which was not really my thing before, but for some reason, I feel drawn to it so I will explore some of her longer yin practices as time allows.

Oh, last night after work I did Ellen's Power 15 for my Ellen fix. I think while doing Pahla's workouts this month I will add on shorter Ellen's for my dose of Ellen!

Sherry- I'm so sorry you got sick. I wouldn't think those creamers could do it, since in theory they are packaged to last and not require refrigeration. I hope you continue to feel better!!

Pam - nice workout! I think for this weekend I will do a Leslie in place of Pahla's run/walk.....

waves, wishiwasinhawaii!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 10:51 AM  
Leonana

Pam, thanks. I still enjoyed the trip. Just not the after part, lol.

Donna, they felt really warm, not room temperature, as if they had been next to something hot. And my friend used to be a waitress at IHop. She said one time the health inspector told them not to leave the half and half pods out, but to keep them refrigerated. He said to throw them out if they were left out of the fridge. I did look it up, and the unopened pods are fine at room temperature, up to six months. They are pasteurized to kill all bacteria then sealed. However, if they have been heated, hotter than room temperature, then you shouldn't use them. These were warmer than room temperature, and I did hesitate before using it, but then I thought it was okay because it was sealed. I think if it feels really warm, then it shouldn't be used.

However, it could have been something else from breakfast, I ate eggs, bacon and pancakes. Also, we ate at Chipotle the night before, but I don't think it was that. My friend and I ate the same thing and she didn't get sick. Her daughter and son-in-law also used the half and half, but didn't get sick. I think I might have used a pod that was more contaminated. I also experienced nausea, and read that happens one to six hours after a meal, and that tracks with breakfast. I feel like a food poisoning detective, lol.

I did have some worries about COVID, as a few people experience gastrointestinal problems. However, the articles said that lasts five days, and mine lasted around a day and a half, which tracks with food poisoning.
Old 09-04-20, 11:25 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I have gotten food poisoning three times, that I can remember.

Once was at a Taco Bell. DH and I got the same thing, but I'm the one who got sick.

Twice was at McCormick and Schmidt's (in Minneapolis and Providence) from ordering the Seafood "special" aka "old fish!" And, McCormick and Schmidt's is a fancy (white tablecloth) restaurant!

ETA: Workout for today was Leslie's Tone Every Zone Walk (3 miles.) First circuit is Upper Body, second is Lower Body, and third is just walking. Nice variety and I used a loop around ankles for last mile! Good burn!

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend!

April Focus:
Old 09-04-20, 05:39 PM  
Leonana

Pam, it's certainly no fun to get sick, especially when it's supposed to be a fun time eating out! I'm sorry you've had it three times.

Well, I talked to some friends, and they don't think it's the coffee half and half pods. I guess it was the Chipotle chicken. Ugh, I'm sticking to the rice and beans from now on, lol.
Old 09-04-20, 09:53 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Leonana;2888890 I guess it was the Chipotle chicken. Ugh, I'm sticking to the rice and beans from now on, lol.[/QUOTE]

We used to like Chipotle quite a bit and it was always good in Phoenix and Minneapolis, but yeah I think it depends on location, meal prep and food service workers. We're close to Brown U and the few times we've ordered something is always wrong. Mostly it is over salted or meat is overdone (at times) or rice is under cooked. If there in person I look at the meat to see if it looks any good before ordering. But, now I skip the sour cream and cheese so it's a less fattening (and less dairy.) We ordered delivery last week, since there is one less than a mile from our house and it was dreadful. Plus, we got someone else's order in addition to our screw up order (they made two identical chicken bowls) and DH and I like different rice, beans, salsas, etc.

April Focus:
Old 09-04-20, 10:42 PM  
Leonana

I agree, it depends on location. I've never had a problem with Chipotle in the Phoenix area. I have to admit, I feel like Flagstaff restaurants don't seem as sanitary as ones in other cities. I think Prescott has better restaurants.
Old 09-05-20, 07:14 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 6 - Walking w/ Weights
Yoga w/ Kassandra - Morning Yoga Challenge Day 6

Sherry - I guess it is hard to tell where you got it. I used to keep those half and half creamers in my desk at work (not refrigerated) but they never got hot, just room temperature. Didn't Chipolte have a big scandal not too long ago??

Pam - LOL, "old fish" - I guess it is a good rule of thumb not to order the seafood special! I never thought of it that way.... That is a good Leslie walk!!

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Nothing much going on today - just going to hang out....the weather is nice - humidity is gone...

waves, everyone,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 08:13 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was a rest day so I didn't post because I had nothing to say, LOL. Today was Strictly Strength. This is the start of my 3rd week on this rotation and I'm going to finish this week and then move on to something else. Not sure what yet.

Sherry, Sorry to hear you had food poisoning. I've never been to Chipotle, but I seem to remember they had an issue with food safety not too long ago, which is why I've never been there.

Pam, I got food poisoning one time a few years ago after eating at a very expensive steak restaurant, so you just never know. It was a business dinner and one of my co-workers had the same meal I did and we were both very ill. In that case, we both started getting sick a couple of hours after the meal and were sick all night. It was pretty awful especially since we were in a hotel and not at home. She sent me a text at 2am asking if I was sick and when I told her I was, we knew it must have been from what we ate.

Donna, The weather is going to be great this weekend, so I'm going to go our for a walk in a bit. I might do a Pahla rotation next.

Tags
jessica smith get strong