Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-21, 08:55 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I've been doing a few of her workouts lately. I thought, well it's for women over 40, so this should be a somewhat "easier" workout. Wow! I had the worst DOMS I have had in years after one of her lower body workouts. I have really enjoyed the ones I've tried so far.
Ok, now you have to share which workout it was! Please...

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 09:16 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Ok, now you have to share which workout it was! Please...

Erica
I think it was this one (Lower Body Strength Workout with Dumbells):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uf-SE_udEM&t=69s

It looks familiar (I am awful at writing these things down). I think the main reason for the DOMS was that her pace is a little bit slower than other workouts, so I was able to get a much bigger-than-usual range of motion in the squats and lunges. I love Cathe, but I find sometimes I have to keep my moves shallow with her so I can keep up.

Her 2 recent videos on testing and improving spine and shoulder mobility look intriguing. I have only previewed them so far.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 05:21 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:

It looks familiar (I am awful at writing these things down). I think the main reason for the DOMS was that her pace is a little bit slower than other workouts, so I was able to get a much bigger-than-usual range of motion in the squats and lunges. I love Cathe, but I find sometimes I have to keep my moves shallow with her so I can keep up.

Her 2 recent videos on testing and improving spine and shoulder mobility look intriguing. I have only previewed them so far.
Thank you!

Erica
Old 01-20-21, 11:31 AM  
Harivelo

Jhor Y Nicky

I found these awesome zumba teacher by chance. They offer a number of very good choreographies. No instructions but I find them easy to follow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_VXIko_kTE
Harivelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 09:01 PM  
Karla25

Cathe has a 30 minute seniors-kids workout:

https://youtu.be/8Kj2_BEvwgE
Old 01-30-21, 10:09 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:

I did this workout today after reading this especially the part about Cathe’s workouts. I’ve been doing her workouts since 1997 and love them but I too feel that I sometimes go more shallow to keep up (I’m a lot taller than Cathe at 5’8” and always thought that had something to do with it).

Anyway I really enjoyed this workout and also tacked on one of her core workouts which was excellent. I followed with her neck stretch which I enjoyed.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 10:29 AM  
Gams

I did the first half of the Cathe seniors workout this morning and I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it, Karla!

I disagree with Cathe, though, that this workout would be great for people who have never worked out before - the section where she does the big arm chopping, digging and swinging movements looks like an injury waiting to happen for someone not used to working out.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 10:52 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Just found this one, too. I don't think it's for me, but it looks like a lot of solid basic workouts. She seems to target women over 40, but I don't know why.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzh...-ikd1BaHffoO-A

Erica
Thanks so much for posting about Fitness with PJ!! I've been enjoying her workouts this month since I've been taking the intensity down a notch due to a hip bursitis flare-up. These have been great for me! I love that she's a personal trainer who sometimes films in her gym or her home and really focuses on form.

My favorite class of hers is her 25 min. Workout With Weights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqr6JMiMuYk.

It's a good one to go heavy and for lower body, she uses a booty band around her thighs (which I've been incorporating during my hip PT work). I used 15's, 20's and a 30# DB's. This one has a timer in the corner which I found really helpful....not many of her classes do. She doesn't use music, so I can always use my own tunes. She seems so helpful and sent me e-mails daily when I signed up for her 21 day workout plan asking how it was going, etc. I since ditched the plan since my hip has been feeling better and I'm back to some of my favorite instructors again and upping the ante somewhat. But she definitely helped me get thru some milder workouts which I needed to focus on! Some of her comments cracked me up!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-21, 12:25 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
Thanks so much for posting about Fitness with PJ!! I've been enjoying her workouts this month since I've been taking the intensity down a notch due to a hip bursitis flare-up. These have been great for me! I love that she's a personal trainer who sometimes films in her gym or her home and really focuses on form.

My favorite class of hers is her 25 min. Workout With Weights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqr6JMiMuYk.

It's a good one to go heavy and for lower body, she uses a booty band around her thighs (which I've been incorporating during my hip PT work). I used 15's, 20's and a 30# DB's. This one has a timer in the corner which I found really helpful....not many of her classes do. She doesn't use music, so I can always use my own tunes. She seems so helpful and sent me e-mails daily when I signed up for her 21 day workout plan asking how it was going, etc. I since ditched the plan since my hip has been feeling better and I'm back to some of my favorite instructors again and upping the ante somewhat. But she definitely helped me get thru some milder workouts which I needed to focus on! Some of her comments cracked me up!
Thanks for the recommendation and description of the workout! Glad you like her. I follow her on FB, but still haven't done any of her videos.

Erica
Old 01-30-21, 08:13 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyQ View Post
(I’m a lot taller than Cathe at 5’8” and always thought that had something to do with it).
I wonder if that's my issue too, since I'm also a bit taller than Cathe. I still love her workouts, but I do find that I have to either make my moves shallower or slow down my reps.

I tried one of PJ's TRX workouts. I liked that she allowed adequate time between moves to reposition and readjust the straps. Definitely not an easy workout - she included lunge jumps and mountain climbers with feet in the straps.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad, keli roberts, natalie jill, penny barnshaw, youtube, youtube channels, youtube instructors, youtube workouts, youtube yoga