Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-21, 01:06 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Obviously it's been a crazy tough year for many of us. For me, it's been trying to have a complete recovery from Covid. I contracted the virus in Oct. and had the usual symptons of fever, fatigue, no taste or smell, bodyaches, dry couch. It took me 3 weeks to break the fever and officially not be contagious.

Since then I've continued to battle the fatigue and have not fully gained back my smell and taste. Food doesn't taste the same as it should. I have not been able to workout and I nap most days. I also had a spike in my blood pressure that has taken weeks to get under control and back to a normal number for me.

I share all this to say, I need to make 2021 a year of "Determination". I just turned 56 and feel so much older after having Covid. This isn't me. I need to move, eat healthy and start doing what I can to put this behind me.

So, I plan to start with what I always do. Journal my intake, starting moving at least 20-30 a day. Lots of water!! My goals are simple and doable. Hopefully I can get back to my normal workouts and make 2020 a distant memory.
I had COVID and I was extremely tired for over a month after having it. I felt the same as you...."old." I turned 50 this year. My body is going through a lot of changes. When I returned to work, I literally worked and walked at a slower pace, came home and went to bed or fell asleep on the couch, got up and went to bed. Be kind to yourself and give your body time to fully recover.

Your COVID case sounds much worse than what I had but if I felt that tired after a milder COVID I can only imagine how you feel. You have a great plan. Just be kind to yourself and rest when you need to.
Old 01-04-21, 09:08 AM  
TinaT

Thanks Gigi. I am definitely being kind to myself. Yesterday was a great start. I concentrated on my food intake and had an active day compared to most.

My weight and measurements obviously aren't great but could have been worse. Now I have numbers to work with.

One day at a time. Just like I used to do.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 06:34 PM  
TinaT

UPDATE: After feeling so extremely tired and sleepy all the time, I did a thorough investigation on all my PB meds and come to find out... one of them had side effects that I was experiencing. We have modified them by 1/2 and I'm feeling better than I have been in a very long time.

I am so relieved to feel human again. I thought my days of moderate movement was over. NOT SO!! Yay for me!!
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 06:52 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
UPDATE: After feeling so extremely tired and sleepy all the time, I did a thorough investigation on all my PB meds and come to find out... one of them had side effects that I was experiencing. We have modified them by 1/2 and I'm feeling better than I have been in a very long time.

I am so relieved to feel human again. I thought my days of moderate movement was over. NOT SO!! Yay for me!!
That is great news!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 07:43 PM  
fanofladyvols

Tina, that's fantastic!! Thanks for sharing that good news

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-21, 11:19 PM  
SEV

What great news!
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote