Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-24, 09:41 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B. Body Shaping Day 1 Push (Strength). It was a nice day DH and I and a friend flew to Catalina and hiked the airport loop trail. It was nice on Catalina, the rains had brought out some wildflowers. The little lakes were full, see saw some bison - all in all a beautiful day.

Anita, glad you're having a good time in Chile. I'm living vicariouusly through you. I would love to see those penquins in the wild.

Vantreesta, my husband is 6'2" and I'm 5' 4" - more than once people have commented on my being with a "giant".

Laura, I hate that you're having a medical nightmare. Our medical system and drug system is an on-going problem in this country. The price of treatment and drugs in this country is absurd. My parents hit the Medicare donut hole every year and during those months they didn't take their medications. A great many people don't have medical insurance and among those who do many are under insured. I will prevent myself from getting on a soap box but this issue is one I care about. I hope you and your doctor can find a suitable outcome for your infusions.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 03:56 PM  
sciencelady

Good evening!

Happy birthday, Paula!

Today was a three hour horseback ride out in the countryside - lots of hills. Luckily my horse was very good and no one had any problems. This was my first time on a horse in about 35 years. Very picturesque ride! I’m now in the city that I’ll be flying from to get to Santiago - we’ll be going down for dinner in a little bit. This is towards the end of my trip to Patagonia, but I’ll be staying with my friend in Vina Del Mar for several days before flying back to the states. I’m currently waiting for dinner a few hours away.

Laura, I hope you can find an alternative to the Remicade - I’ve had some generics that haven’t worked as well as the original drugs . Glad your dad got some answers - hopefully there’s some way to help cure him. Awww, poor Polly! Hope you can get the drops in her eyes.

Paula, hope you have a wonderful birthday! Sounds like a lovely walk yesterday .

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 07:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy birthday, Paula! I hope you had a great day.

It was a busy day. This morning, we started the day by putting drops in Polly's eyes (she doesn't seem to mind this too very much) and putting liquid pain relief medicine down her (which turns her into a fire-breathing, claw-wielding little monster). But we got it done.

Then, I went to Mom and Dad's to pick up food I accidentally had delivered to their house instead of ours. (Don't ask.) We chatted for a while. On the way out, I ran into their across-the-street neighbor who asked me what they could do to help Mom and Dad. They have all lived across the street from each other for 23-24 years, since the neighborhood was new and they moved in, and this couple is about our age, maybe a little younger, and want to support Mom and Dad. I suggested that she make them food once in a while and she said she'd deliver something tomorrow. She's a really good cook, so I think this might be good. Mom and Dad can still prepare their own food, but I thought it would be nice if they didn't have to once in a while.

This afternoon, I took DH to his PT appointment and went to the chiropractor. On the way home, we stopped and had our hair cut. The haircuts were three weeks overdue. (Aaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!! ) While there, I picked up chicken salad from a restaurant that makes lots of different kinds.

Paula - Yeah, it really is ridiculous these days. I don't feel too bad for me because we have such good coverage from the government and I'm likely to get exactly the medication I want. If not, I have a good alternative. I feel for the rest of this doctor's patients, because many don't have the options I do.

Anita - I am living vicariously through your trip as well. Thanks for keeping us up-to-date as you can. It's nice the trip won't be endng for several more days.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-24, 08:23 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 2 – Stretch and the 2nd half of my PT Routine.

Anita, thanks for the birthday wishes. I did have a nice day. What an interesting time you’re having. It seems as though you’ve visited so many distinctly different places and environments. You’re bound to have some great pictures and stories.

Laura, thank you for the birthday wishes. What nice neighbors your folks have – I hope they follow through with helping with meals. I need a haircut too – maybe I can get in next week. I too feel so lucky to have excellent medical insurance and feel for others who don’t.
Old 03-20-24, 11:02 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy birthday, Paula!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-24, 05:25 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was another busy day. This morning, I did a couple of grocery store pick-ups. I do so many grocery store pick-ups, but most of them are small. With DH being gluten and dairy free, I buy some of his stuff at so many different stores. At least these two were across the street from each other. I also did laundry, cooked DH some food, and cleaned up the kitchen unloading and reloading the dishwasher.

The good news about today was that Polly felt better. Her eyes were better and she was more active today and she actually came to find us to spend time. The bad news about today was that Polly felt better. She kept demanding to go outside (which the vet said to keep her in until next Monday's appointment) and she objected more to the eye drops and pain medication we gave her.

Paula - The neighbor confirmed with me that my parents were set to receive food at lunch time today, so I assumed it happened. I'm glad you had a nice birthday and that the day before was such a pleasant one.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-21-24, 07:00 PM  
sciencelady

Good evening,

Today was a day of travel - I’m now in Vina Del Mar at my friend’s apartment and I’ll be here for several days. Lots of time with the airport and a ride from Santiago to Vina. Now I’m waiting for dinner and look forward to sleeping. Our group is now down to three people here, plus our host. We’ve had 4 others go back to the USA in Wisconsin, and 1 visiting his spouse in Santiago who’s here for a course this summer.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-21-24, 08:26 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 3 Cardio followed by a Sarah Starr Morning Stretch.

Laura, sounds like you and I had similar days. I did a load of laundry this morning (sheets), then headed out to get a haircut, then to the gas station for gas and one of those quickie car washes. Then to Sprouts for a quick pick up. Next to Subway for a sandwich, CVS and Target. Then went to Howards to look at refridgerators. Our refridgerator is making odd noises and generally making us think it's going to die soon. Not sure why I can't find one with the features I like best about the one we have but split shelves seem to no longer be a thing. We just need a basic, freezer on top style (our space in the kitchen is limiting). Now I'm happy to be resting, watching TV and writing this.

Anita, your trip is winding up in a nice way - time to chill with friends before you head home. Is this the friend who will soon be moving back to MN and moving into your building? Hope you're enjoying a glass of wine and good company tonight.
Old 03-22-24, 06:32 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I’m now in Vina Del Mar at my friend’s house. Today we’ll be doing lots of laundry and recovering from our trip. Likely taking a nice walk to the ocean.

Paula, best of luck finding a fridge! I’ve got an old one in my basement and hope it lives until I sell this house. Yes, this is my friend that is moving to our co-op. She’s in the US for several months each year (winter down here to summer in the US), but is planning on keeping her place here in Chile. She’s sharing a co-op unit with another friend who will be around year round. No wine for me last night, but a nice pizza .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 03-22-24, 04:41 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today was a lazy day and I've enjoyed it. I told DH last night that all my posts here this week have seemed to start with the words, "It was a busy day..." I haven't done much. I did interact with Polly quite a bit. She's definitely feeling better and has INSISTED that she NEEDS to go outside. From where she sits by the back door, she can see me in my chair and she just sits and stares at me like she's trying to gain control of my brain so she can make me get up and go over to let her out.

Paula - I hope you can find a new refrigerator before the old one dies. That's a bad situation to be in. And it's harder when your space is limited.

Anita - I heard on the news that Wisconsin and Minnesota got slammed today with snow. I hope your friends made it home okay. Walking to see the ocean sounds nice. Have a good rest of your trip.

Laura's Workout Mantras: