Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-21, 07:11 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout Tuesday was a 40-minute walk + 4DS Bootcamp + Biceps & Triceps. Yesterday's workout was 4DS Low Intensity Step weights only (legs & core) + abs + 35 minutes on the elliptical.

Karjoy - I have the heavy tubing from Cathe and I tell you, it is hard to stretch! I mostly use the blue tubing.

Vannie - It sounds good to back off a bit if you are feeling run down.

Cher - Our cases are starting to climb here--more than over last summer, which is insane. About 25% of the state's population has been vaccinated, which is nowhere near enough.

Gibbee - I hope you are doing OK and getting some rest after the wedding.

Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 07:32 AM  
Cher

Workout yesterday was Cathe’s LITE Body Weight and Bands and Extended Stretch.

Vannie - Hope you start feeling better soon. You sound like how I get when I get my winter blahs.

JBliff - Our cases here are highest they’ve been since Dec 1. Vaccines are still hard to get but at least they are opening a few more centers in our area to get them.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 01:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Happy Baseball Opening Day! I am super excited to watch my guys in regular season play again! We already had our 3B come out of the game in the 1st inning, though, so that's nerve-wracking given he missed half of last season with a calf injury.

I'm starting off the month with a negative covid test, thankfully. I was sure it would be but my sinuses or allergies or whatever it is I deal with fall through spring have been worse the last few days so I figured the responsible thing was to get tested just in case. I had more headaches and worse fatigue in March than the previous months and still feel tired but relieved by the confirmation it isn't covid. My dad wants me to go see my doctor but I'm going to bargain with him to see how this month goes with truly sincere efforts to go to bed earlier and improve my sleep. I told him March is always a very rough month for me and then I just kind of snap out of it. I also wasn't as good last month about taking all my supplements and I didn't have my usual magnesium bc GNC supposedly was out for over two months. They finally shipped and should be here in the next couple days. I also got out of my chamomile tea habit, which really does seem to help so my focus this month will be primarily sleep. It looks like our virtual tri will be the last week of the month so I'll be focusing workouts toward that and looking forward to more weight training after that.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-21, 08:50 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Jbliff thanks for that tip about the Cathe heavy band. I think I will just stick with medium for now. After all, you can just choke up on the band or release some to add or subtract resistance. I did have one non Cathe heavy band and come to think of it I rarely used it. It was just too darn tough.

Cher I have heard about Michigan’s cases ticking up. So scary, and of course the more cases the more likely the virus will mutate. The good news is that they are thinking that at least the Pfizer vaccine will help against a lot of the variants. We are getting more and more people vaccinated but our state has a lot of variants.

Vannie I am sorry you are tired and feeling bad. I know a lot of our allergy patients feel exhausted during this time of year. It’s good that you got tested for Covid though. I have trouble making myself go to bed on time too. Fatigue plus allergies is not good.

Gibbee how are the newlyweds doing?
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 06:25 AM  
Cher

Yesterday’s workout was Jenny Ford Walk Across America Ohio and Perfect Pump Lower Body Blast and the Extended Stretch.

Vannie - I was excited about our opening day here too! The Tigers won despite the very cold opening day temperatures and snow flurries! Good to hear you don’t have Covid. Hopefully you start feeling better soon.

Karen - Of course I got Maderna (sp?) not Pzizer. . DS is eligible Monday so I was able to get him on the list. I’m sure it’ll be weeks before they call him though.
Old 04-02-21, 06:54 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was KPC, skipping the abs.

Woohoo! Our governor announced yesterday that as of April 18, all residents 30 or older will be eligible for the vaccine! Hopefully the state will have enough for everyone who signs up.

Karjoy - My problem is waking up early. I have no problem going to sleep but staying asleep is another story.

Cher - Were there fans at the season opener? I can't believe Texas is allowing full capacity in their stadium.

Vannie - I'm glad to hear the COVID test was negative. I hope you do feel better soon.

Hi to Gibbee. Have a good day, everyone.
Old 04-02-21, 07:15 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cher View Post
Yesterday’s workout was Jenny Ford Walk Across America Ohio and Perfect Pump Lower Body Blast and the Extended Stretch.

Vannie - I was excited about our opening day here too! The Tigers won despite the very cold opening day temperatures and snow flurries! Good to hear you don’t have Covid. Hopefully you start feeling better soon.

Karen - Of course I got Maderna (sp?) not Pzizer. . DS is eligible Monday so I was able to get him on the list. I’m sure it’ll be weeks before they call him though.
Cheryl, I was really excited for Miggy hitting the very first homerun of the season! It was funny watching the clip bc the snow made it hard for him to tell if it actually was a homer. I hope he has a good season. I was bummed that the Twins had the lead the entire game, I thought it was a lock, and then we blew the lead on errors in the 9th and lost in the 10th. White Sox lost too.

JBliff, there were fans at the Brewers stadium yesterday. There will be 10,000 fans at Target Field for the Twins home opener next week. Tickets are being sold in blocks of 2 or 4, I think, to allow for spacing. It seems like fans in the stands for spring training went really well, but it was at reduced capacity too, not like Texas is doing. But I believe the commissioner said there will be fans in all stadiums to start the season to some capacity. Texas is the only one I've heard allowing full.

I went to bed at 11:10 last night and slept crummy despite my tea and supplements and Kassandra's bedtime yoga. I think I got too hot (I hate to have to stop using my weighted blanket already!) and also hubby didn't sleep well. Normally I sleep good enough that I don't hear anything but not last night.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-21, 08:35 AM  
Cher

Vannie - Yes, that was great when Miggy hit that home run! DH & I were pretty excited!

JBliff - They let 8,200 fans in Comerica Park out of about 43,000 that the stadium actually holds. Opening day is such a big party day here....lots of people take off work normally to go downtown even if they don’t have tickets. It was so cold and windy here yesterday that I think it kept a lot of people away which is probably good because the Mayor of Detroit was telling people not to go down there (because of Covid) unless you had tickets.

Workout was Cathe’s LITE Pyramid One Set Each Exercise Premix.
Old 04-03-21, 07:17 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 4DS Back & Chest + Cross Train Xpress Step & Intervals. I haven't done CTX in years and it was pretty fun. The choreography wasn't too basic but not too complicated either.

Cher, Vannie
- That's great that you're both into baseball. For some reason I've never been into it. I'd watch some of it if it's the World Series but otherwise it just seems so slow on TV. I have to admit it is better to watch in person. I've been to a major league game (with the Orioles) and one minor league game. Our town just got a minor league team last year so we may go see some games just for fun when they open it up for fans.

BTW, I wanted to correct what I said earlier about vaccinations in Virginia. Everyone 16 and over will be eligible to be vaccinated starting April 18, not 30 and over.

Waves to everyone. Have a good day.