Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-21, 07:55 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - I Try Not to Limit My Madness to March. March 7

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 08:02 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

DH and I both thought the time change was this weekend, but it's next weekend. I'm not sure we were were so sure.

I will pick up an order at Publix this afternoon. Then, early this evening, two kids from the neighborhood will come over and get the futon from my office upstairs. We need to go upstairs and see what else we want them to do before they come. I'll probably work on my craft room some more.

Paula - It's good you had a pleasant day flying. Hopefully, you can get in soon with the hair dresser.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-07-21, 09:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! Next Sunday is the time change - it's always hard for me with time changes in either direction, but I gotta admit I've been sleepy at about 8 pm now, which will be my 9:00 sleep time in a week. I'm glad Gus isn't an early riser at first sunshine.

Today planning on getting together with a friend to walk Gus. I may also meet with some orchid friends and give them some divisions - taking advantage of a very warm spring day! As the thawing is proceeding I still have some garden beds to de-poop - I've got the lawn cleared. I might make a grocery run also.

Laura, are you removing the futon or having it moved upstairs? I still have one downstairs that I use on a couch - still works and can be a sleeping place in an emergency, but I'll get rid of it in the next move. Is your label maker for the phone using the weird label image that it can read, but you can't? We've got a Nextdoor group, but I haven't heard of the Task Rabbit here. Sounds like your craft room is almost done!

Paula, the VFW fish fry is only on Fridays - maybe next week. I was out of WRC too early to stop by them Friday and too lazy to drive back to them. Other than unpacking your boat of your stuff, I take it you don't have a list of repairs to do on it before sale.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 09:05 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was a Yin Yoga Super Spine with Travis Eliot followed by a neighborhood walk with DH.

Laura, thank you for getting us started. I try not to limit my madness to March either. Hope all went well with your craft room set up and the kids came for the futon. I am ready for the time change too.

Anita, I'm with you, the time change is always hard on me. I wish CA would choose one and stick with it. But I would like more daylight, so in an odd way I'm looking forward to daylight savings time. De-pooping your yard must take awhile as your winter is so long. We didn't think anything on the boat needed repair - in fact we thought it was in tip top shape. Then DH went to the boat today to clean it and make it look pretty for the buyer today - he started up the engine and of course had engine problems. So it looks as though we may have to do some troubleshooting and repair before we can conclude the sale - darn. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-21, 08:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I need to make a grocery run today - no milk type fluids here, so I'm baking some croissants instead . Having chocolate croissants makes motivation less urgent! Otherwise, I will be walking Gus and doing one more area of poop pickup out back. The weather outside has just been fantastic! I'm looking forward to getting my back porch back from under the melting snow! Yes, I know snows can still come back in March, April, and even May here, but one can still hope to sit out back on the porch! I've got a spades game with friends tonight also.

Paula, I'm hoping the time change is easier in my car - that one is the most frustrating change to come. Sorry you got some boat repairs ahead - hopefully the repairs are minor and won't shut down the proposed sale at this point.

Anita
Old 03-08-21, 09:06 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 22 - Strength followed by Tamilee Webb Floor Stretch.

Not much to say about today - putzed around the house. I did get out and get a haircut, thank goodness, I really needed one. DH spent much of the day at the marina with the potential buyers and the broker and said all went well, so making progress there.

Anita, I hope heavy snow is over for you. Summertime dreams of sipping tea on the porch must help get through the winter. At least if the yard melts in stages you don't have to do the poop pick up all at once.

Wonder where Laura is today?
Old 03-09-21, 08:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm planning on walking Gus with some friends - today we'll be in the mid 60's and sunny! Otherwise putzing around the house - I've got my back table cleared of snow and ice! I even bought some burgers to prepare on my barbecue! It's too early to try to clear the lawn of last fall's leaves as stuff like bugs and butterfly eggs is still "sleeping in" for winter. We'll probably still see some snow in the coming weeks, but I'll still celebrate today!

I hope Laura is doing well and will pop in!

Paula, yay on progress getting the boat sold - I take it the repairs are minor for the engine! The poop pickup is pretty much done out back, just the daily stuff to come. I still have some snow and ice out there yet today, but it may be gone by the end of the week!

Anita
Old 03-09-21, 07:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It has been a busy week. Yesterday just melted away. I had a training session at 9:30 in the morning and then I took DH to an appointment. We picked up lunch for him on the way home. (I already had something at home.) In the afternoon, I went over to Mom and Dad's to hang out because I hadn't seen them in a while.

Today is the only day this week without a medical appointment. I worked most of the day on putting stuff back in my office. I got a lot done.

Anita - We moved the futon upstairs. It will give more seating and sleeping space. Is your area being affected at all by the trial in Minneapolis? Enjoy the sunshine. It was beautiful here today, high 60s, sunny, and a lot is starting to bud and bloom.

Paula - Congrats on the haircut. Enjoy the sensation.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 03-09-21, 08:44 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 23 and a neighborhood walk with DH. We went to the boat to remove all of our personal items in anticipation of closing the sale (hopefully tomorrow). I was amazed how much stuff we had on that small boat - that job was a workout in itself.

Anita, glad you're enjoying the nicer weather and preparing for BBQ's to come. Turned out the engine problem on the boat was minor (just took some troubleshooting) and DH took care of it - yay. Can you watch butterflies hatch from eggs in your backyard? That would be so cool. I am curious too (as is Laura) whether the Chauvin trial is having an effect on your neighborhood?

Laura, boy, we've all had days that "melted away", glad all is well with you. Are you liking all the changes in your craft room?
Old 03-10-21, 08:51 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

It's a rainy day, so doubt Gus will have a long walk today - glad it's not snow though!

I had a great day yesterday - we went for a walk in a park that had hidden 15 gnomes near the walking path and I think we found many of them. I didn't know about the gnomes Monday when I was in the same park, but did see one of them. I grilled my hamburgers and set up my outdoor furniture and had my dinner at that table - I had invited my friends to join me, but they had some other things to do last night. Overall a beautiful day !

Laura, glad you're recreating your office - everything back or did you do some decluttering? So far, I'm not affected by the Minneapolis trial, but when they had the protests last year, they destroyed our shops about eight blocks away. That area is on a train line directly into downtown Minneapolis.
Minneapolis has lots of buildings secured with fences, wood panels over windows, and barbed wire but nothing like that here - just the wood panels from last year's window damage. Frankly, I don't go in that direction much in my neighborhood. I don't know how long this court case will go or if there will be protests if they disagree with the outcome of the trial. The train line got shut down last year during the protests.

Paula, yay on getting close to selling your boat! This went fast! It's too early for any hatching, but butterflies lay eggs that hatch into caterpillars and go through about three size changes in caterpillars before building their cocoon/chrysalis and finally emerging as a butterfly. This won't get started here until late April.

Anita