Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-06-14, 09:56 AM  
hotncmom

Yin the Zone anyone?

Yin Yu used to work for Tracy Anderson, and now she has her own thing going, although I do believe she teaches classes at Bari. She's offering videos for purchase through Vimeo. I've been following her on Facebook for a while and some of her sample videos are very creative. Her are her two offerings so far. The first is 29.99 for a 51-minute video called Fitness Basics 1:
http://vimeo.com/ondemand/yinthezonebasic001

Then she has the first of her CC (Choreographed Cardio) videos here for a more reasonable price of 5.00 but it is only 14 minutes:
http://vimeo.com/ondemand/yinthezonecc01/85887491

What do you guys think? I really like the looks of the Basics but wouldn't pay more than $10 for a self-produced download of less than an hour.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 10:51 PM  
holliholli915

Gotta say, I wish more DC instructors like TA, Anna Kaiser and others would offer new dance cardio videos for a nominal fee. I used to subscribe to BBS TV. But, there were barely any fresh videos posted. So, it was a waste of money each month even at only $9.

I definitely may check out Yin's CC. Not sure about $30 for strength work, though. I'd have to be promised some miraculous results.

Would also love to see DB come out with VODs that weren't just the DVDs. I'm sure those ladies have plenty of material and should put out quick 15 minute circuits that you could use as add ons or run them back to back.

Thanks for posting this!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-14, 11:45 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I like the exercises I saw in the clip of Fitness Basics 1 but I don't do high impact cardio so I wouldn't be interested in that part. I think the price is too high for a 51 minute download, especially when I'm not interested in the cardio segment.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 02:52 PM  
SuzieC

I just saw this today! Some of the ladies on the Tracy Anderson forum are considering doing these workouts as they wait for their Year 3, months 7-9 continuity.

The basic 001 looks good! It is actually 19.99$, not 29.99$. Maybe the price was lowered?
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 06:18 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I just saw this today! Some of the ladies on the Tracy Anderson forum are considering doing these workouts as they wait for their Year 3, months 7-9 continuity.

The basic 001 looks good! It is actually 19.99$, not 29.99$. Maybe the price was lowered?
Yeah, it was after someone complained on Facebook. I bet if she doesn't sell that many the price will go even lower. It's not like she paid for professional production (from the looks of the clips).
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 06:44 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I've been waiting for her to release something.

I bit and bought the 51 minute workout. I'm listening to it now. So far, the soundtrack is AWESOME!
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 07:04 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

The workout is looking very solid, but I do need to point out that Yin doesn't talk at all, so there is zero cuing. This doesn't bother me. So if TA bugged you due to the lack of cuing, then you will most likely not like this workout. Again, the soundtrack is so darn awesome.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani
Old 02-14-14, 10:27 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
The workout is looking very solid, but I do need to point out that Yin doesn't talk at all, so there is zero cuing. This doesn't bother me. So if TA bugged you due to the lack of cuing, then you will most likely not like this workout. Again, the soundtrack is so darn awesome.
Me too! I got the cardio one too as I am always trying to find new dance cardio with awesome music. This routine looks tough but a lot of fun. I hope she does offer additional workouts at regular intervals. So far I'm more impressed with this than the Body By Simone offerings (also a former TA trainer).
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-14, 10:49 PM  
Coastal Girl

Quote:
Me too! I got the cardio one too as I am always trying to find new dance cardio with awesome music. This routine looks tough but a lot of fun. I hope she does offer additional workouts at regular intervals. So far I'm more impressed with this than the Body By Simone offerings (also a former TA trainer).
Debbie S.and SuzieC would love to hear your thoughts when you try these!
Coastal Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 04:33 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Girl View Post
Debbie S.and SuzieC would love to hear your thoughts when you try these!
I ended up buying the cardio workout, too!

I took some time and created two longer workouts; the first one clocks in around 24 minutes, and the second one 35 minutes. I trimmed off the warm up to create the longer workouts, and created mp4 files.

There's two dance routines, Freestyle, and Combo. Freestyle was pretty easy for me to catch on, but there's definitely a learning a curve for the Combo segment. Again, the music is just awesome and the routines are great. I'm so glad that I got this. Again, there is zero cuing.

I'll do the long workout tomorrow and report back.

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
Hope Fimiani

Tags
yin the zone, yin yu