Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-14, 05:11 AM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I use an epilator on my face. I used to use wax strips you could buy at the store, but I inevitably would rip up a layer of delicate skin in the process of waxing my upper lip and end up with a red splotchy mustache for a day or two afterward. Not pretty. Plus, the epilator ends up being pretty cost effective in the long term.
Which one do you use? Where did you buy it from? Thanks.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 01:37 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Which one do you use? Where did you buy it from? Thanks.
I have a corded Braun Silk Epil. I bought it from amazon about 5 years ago. It's a pretty nice model around $100.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 02:45 PM  
intelsana

Does anyone have a good serum recommendation? I would like something that is light because I have oily skin and that helps with uneven skin tone.
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 02:48 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
Does anyone have a good serum recommendation? I would like something that is light because I have oily skin and that helps with uneven skin tone.
Hi,

I would recommend just about any of Paula's Choice serums, she specifies whether they are good for oil, dry or all skin types. For a drugstore option, I like Olay's Regnerist serum.

HTH!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 04:09 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Another vote for Paula's Choice. She has lines for literally every skin type and a representative can help you find the right regimen for any combination skin.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 08:02 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Does anyone have any experience with Mio Skin Tightener serum? I read about it in a magazine at B&N and looked it up online and of course most of the reviews are mixed. It's supposed to tighten up loose, crepey skin on the stomach and other areas. Now I wouldn't expect miracles of course, but I was just wondering if anyone who used it saw any kind of improvement at all. It sounds almost impossible for crepey skin to every tighten up completely without surgery, but still curious . TIA
summer breeze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 08:19 AM  
mspina

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
Yet another vote for Paula's Choice.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 10:28 AM  
northernlight

I'll also recommend Paula's Choice serums. If you have uneven skin tone, her C15 serum is particularly good. I'd wait for one of her sales!

I've also heard great things about Timeless C20 serum -- for uneven skin tone, and about Olay Microsculpt Serum. They are both on my list of products to try.
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-14, 11:23 AM  
Leonana

I really like Paula's Resist Antioxidant serum. I want to try the Skin Balancing one next, which is for oily skin. I've never tried her Vit. C serum, but I did buy the Timeless Vit. C serum. I really like it, and a few of my age spots are fading. I use the PC antioxidant at night, and the Timeless Vit. C serum in the morning. My skin does look better. It's not botox or plastic surgery, but it seems smoother, brighter and tighter. Oooh, that rhymes, lol.
Old 07-28-14, 11:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I tried PC's Ultra Serum, and although it felt nice on my skin, I didn't really notice anything from it. This was the first time I had ever tried a serum, so maybe I didn't know what to expect--what are they supposed to DO, exactly?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beauty, beauty thread, cosmetics, makeupalley, paula's choice, shapewear, skin care, spanx