Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-06-20, 08:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Jessica Smith - Metabolism Booster total body timesaver
47 minute outdoor walk

I had started with a Pahla B workout but the tv screen went blank again during the warm up. The audio still goes but the screen is blank. The video also plays perfectly fine on my laptop that's plugged into the tv so it must be something with the tv. So anyway that's when I popped in the Jessica dvd which I enjoyed. I am planning a walk today and maybe more. I'm supposed to meet up with a friend later this afternoon for a late lunch/early dinner so we'll see how it goes.

My visit with my sister went well. It was a lovely day so we sat outside. Not sure how much longer we can do that.

PENGUIN, frustrating workout day for you but you kept moving so that's good.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 06:31 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, how aggravating about the TV. Mine popped up the 'input password' thing again yesterday, since I just did that I've decided I'm going to ignore it until it either goes away or I am forced to do something about it. Sometimes I skip the commercials but then realized the more I skip the more pop up, so I decided to just ignore then and keep up with what ever I was doing {walking usually} until it starts again, but then today they started a 3+m commercial! No not doing that! After I did skipped that there were about 5 more short ones in a 30 m workout. Gah!

Today was UB and walking. I started with Jessica Smith's UB Circuit walk. Peanut kept walking in an out of the shot, so when she was around I kept looking for Cindy who was outside! Our pets have us so well trained to not step on them!

Followed by Schellea from Fabulous 50's 30M walk. I like watching her ponytail flop around when she gets excited! She claims it would fly by but I think the 30s walking 30s other moves makes the time drag. Are we not done yet? I still like her workouts.

I got to see my dad's new phone and its not a 12 its a 9. We are trying to show him how to work it, as opposed to doing everything for him.

Hubby and handyman got together and decided to make my people gate a regular fence for now and put in the gate later. I assume the gates never going to get put up. So I'm not happy about that but I'm happy that part is finished. We only have the big car gate left.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 08:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR Series 1200, show #1 and #3
59 minute outdoor walk

I went with a month of MR's streaming on another whim. All her workouts are very similar but it's nice to have a little variety.
I am planning a walk today and maybe some pilates since I did weights yesterday.

PENGUIN, nice workout combo. Now that you mention it, I don't think Pahla's workouts have commercial interruptions but I've only done a couple of them and the one went blank on me so who knows?

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 11-07-20, 07:08 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, lets just say the commercials are starting to get on my nerves. I am starting to use the shorter ones as water breaks. I remember MR being sweet and funny but tough to keep up with! I am doing longer workouts these days so maybe that's where the 'more commercials per workout' is coming from.

Today was Barre and dance. I started with a new to me barre called simply Barre Fitness. Pretty good but a lot of what the other barre classes are; lots of plies and a ball behind the knee. Good but same old same old.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment...I added on NourishMoveLove's At Home Barre class. I think this was the pregnant lady from last week, smaller baby bump this time. More variety of exercises including cardio bursts to thaw out the legs. I enjoyed this one.

Fitness with Cindy's 30m Zumba class. This was fun but some of the moves were fast and I couldn't keep up or figure out what she was doing. She spliced in a cardio UB class workout in the middle which was a little weird.

Hope you guys have a great weekend. We are going to continue cleaning up the backyard tomorrow. sigh. but its in preparation for getting the camper back so we can take a trip soon! worth it!

Old 11-08-20, 08:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

Bernadette Giorgi Pilates Power Ball Sculpt - lower abs & butt express
46 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today and maybe an add-on. The weather was downright balmy yesterday, in the 70s. I'm not complaining.

PENGUIN, nice job with the barre workouts and zumba. That's exciting that there will be a camper trip in the near future. Hope hubby is settling well into the job.

Waves to all. Have a great day!

Old 11-09-20, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

10 minute youtube waist exercises workout
53 minute outdoor walk

I don't even remember the instructor's name on the youtube video but it was a nice short waist routine. It popped up on my feed so I went with it. I am planning a walk today in this delightful spring weather we're having and possibly some MR.

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-09-20, 10:29 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Sunday we got out in the backyard still trying to clean up from the fence, limbs and leaves falling. We got some things done, such as shoveling up 4 inches of top soil {leftover from leaves etc} off the left 4 feet of the brick patio. I spread it in some of the flowerbeds. We were both tired and sore so really didn't get much done.

Today after running errands and picking up the RV from our friend's house, we went back in the yard and tried again. We built a fire in the pit but still haven't gotten out there to roast some marshmallows and enjoy the night. Friend let me drive his tractor, riding lawnmower and an ATV type thing. That was fun! Hubby took videos of me laughing and giggling as I drove around the field!

SB, every time I do a waist exercise series I can't move or breathe right for the next few days . This weather really is something. It was in the 80s today and yesterday, sunny yesterday but cloudy today. But I see that next week is going to be a little cooler.

Old 11-10-20, 08:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #702 from her streaming site
56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk today and maybe more MR. I really enjoyed the episode I did yesterday. This summery weather is around for one more day I believe so I want to enjoy it.

DS' school finally made the call to go all remote for a month. Of course it took an actual case of covid to get them to make the decision so now they all can possibly have been exposed. Closing the barn door after the fire or whatever the expression is

PENGUIN, that sounds like a tough functional workout you had Sunday.
Fun on the tractor . Looks like we've been holding down the fort here in the check-in. I hope everyone is doing ok.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-20, 05:54 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Hi everyone. I haven't checked in for a while, but my check-in remains the same. I'm still walking for about an hour every day. We too, are experiencing summer like temperatures this week. It feels so bizarre to be wearing sandals in November around here! I like it.

PP and SB - you're both doing great with all the variety of workouts. I wish I weren't such a doofus about streaming and such. For me, it always seems like an exercise in frustration. Obviously, I need to up my skill set at some point.
Old 11-11-20, 08:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1702 from the streaming site
54 minute outdoor walk

I think the summer weather is ending today. They're expecting some rain later so I need to do my walk soon. Then the colder weather is coming through.

Well a student in DS' class also tested positive for covid so DS is going for a rapid test tomorrow. Don't even get me started on the irresponsibility of keeping schools open until now.

NORA, nice job keeping up with your walks. It took me a very long time to get on board with streaming and it still gets frustrating. The easiest solution I have found is plugging the hdmi cable from my laptop to the tv. Then I find my workout on the laptop and it plays right on the tv. I'm sure there are many other ways to do it though.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!