Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-03-20, 11:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Thanks for starting the November check-in, Paine.

Yesterday DH took out our old stove prior to the new one being delivered. I took advantage of having the empty area there to power clean the kitchen, got up on a ladder cleaning the walls and windows, etc. In between I took stretch and inversion table breaks. Went through four Beatles albums while doing it! I entirely forgot about current events for those hours. Back at work today but can't even think due to all things 2020.

I really need to get myself back into a more formal routine of weights and mat fitness.

Sandra, happy birthday to your grandniece!!

Beth I sometimes have to use a lower resolution with my Bellyfit streams. That does sound frustrating.

Cyana, I sure do hope you get a more livable work schedule this month, and that you can enjoy some healing time outdoors and alleviate the bent over computer all day syndrome.

Waves to all.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 04:06 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: Yoga For Emotional Stability Restorative/Yin Yoga to Relax and Restore | Yoga With Tim

Yesterday was a planned rest day. This morning I did some Classical Stretch followed by the Yin Yoga with Tim practice on YouTube, which was relaxing.

Garrie, it is so cool that you worked out with Karen Voight in a live online class!
I liked hearing about how Meso is going for you.
Thanks for the Vedral book recommendations! I added them to my endless wishlist.
I like Ballet Beautiful too.

Pat, that was a lot of functional fitness cleaning your kitchen yesterday!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 04:24 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

This morning I did all of the upper body segments from Gilad's Express Workouts. I plan to do Spacious Spine later with Beth.

Pam - It's hard to believe June is already 7. She'll be graduating high school before you know it.

Garrie - I'm glad you cancelled your appointment at DMV. I heard they have so many covid cases among employees across the state that going to DMV is like walking into a Petri dish. I mailed the renewal form for my disabled parking placard for my spine in late September. I got the new one today. Normally it would take a week. You finally convinced me I need STS. My birthday is next month. Happy Birthday to me!

Surgery is on. Yay! Not really but yay. The good part is I'll get to see my favorite physical therapists in January.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 09:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ugh, I replied earlier but the server was busy!

Linda, I need to do another spine practice! I'll have to dig up the one I call "be kind to your spine." I did film another video in my "how-to" series (VIP Yoga) today, bound angle.

Paine, I don't like Tim's classes when he does more flow, but it routines like that one, he has such a nice chill vibe, and I find that he provides a lot of good info, too.

Speaking of chill vibe, I had a really nice candlelight yoga class after my class tonight! It was a little more active than I had expected--he instructor had told me it was yin, but it was really more like gentle yoga with some yin inspired moves--but it was a nice end to the day.

Pat, I'll have to try a lower resolution; I've put off trying again until later in the week. I saw your new oven--it looks great! Hope you enjoy.

Pam, I always forget to check Vimeo! My own teacher offers practices there.

Garrie, I didn't know you had a boyfriend! It would be tough to be separated from a SO other right now; sorry about all of the covid exposure scares. Thank you for linking to the Karen Voight live practices! I checked them out; I can't believe how buff she is at 65. I'm glad she's still in the game.

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 09:59 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s meager offerings....
~Cardio: 20 min very gentle rebounding & 20 min gliding - rainy day, no outdoor walk
~Steps:7,6665

Back to PT for more needling, not as ouchy this time. He gave me the go ahead to do some weights & KBs, starting slowly after I give today’s treatment a couple of days to settle in. I never lift heavy at the best of times, lol! The hip/low back do feel better thankfully!

I watched segments of the Prechoreographed Essentrics workout I’ll be teaching on Thursday. I’ve only taught it a couple of times and it’s funny with these prechos, you can get segments mixed up between them if you teach several different ones. I am starting to add more and more of my own variations as I head towards level 4 certification.

The candlelight yoga sounds lovely Beth, as does Paine’s practice with Tim.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 11:00 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: I did Day 3 of my Jessica Smith rotation, which was Add On Abs from Walk Strong 3. Since this routine is only 15 minutes, I chose to follow it with the 15-minute Total Stretch routine from the same DVD.

Earlier today I walked to/from my library job (2 miles each way) as I didn't want to deal with parking as our branch is a voting center today. Crazy crowds! Yesterday I walked outside for 1.5 hours.

My niece and her ex were able to sign off on a custody agreement today, which is a big accomplishment! They are still apart on attorney fees and child support payments, but I think they are close enough that a settlement should be possible.

Garrie: How cool you could take a class with Karen Voight! Although I think I would be scared to turn on my computer camera myself so that she could see me lol.

Linda: Sounds like you got some of the surgery logistics problems worked out.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 09:16 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all! I was very antsy yesterday and that G word project at work arose again to aggravate me. I did my best to keep taking breaks away from the desk, and at home I very much enjoyed Lee Holden's Tao Yin 101, class 3 on Glo. Feel the Flow, it was all on the floor and had similarities to his original Pacific Healing Arts back and upper body routines.

Sandra, sounds like a good idea to walk to work yesterday. I wanted to walk to the polls too, but DH was too tired after work.

Pam I'm happy to hear the needling is helping. Good luck with your Essentrics class!

Garrie, how disturbing about the potential COVID exposure. I hope you can return to "normal" soon.

Make it a great day everyone.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 10:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anyone need a Hump Day Funny? Somehow I stumbled across this old SNL clip today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpPgavT5am4

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 11-04-20, 10:23 AM  
sherry7899

Hi and good morning,

I am not having a good exercise week. I did not feel well Monday and yesterday, so I did not do anything. Sleep has been horrible. I did get in over 8,000 steps on Monday getting things done around the house, though.

This morning I did 40 minutes of a Soul Sweat class. I will try for yin yoga later.

Pat, wow, that was a cleaning marathon! I have to know which four Beatles albums you played Congrats on the new stove. Enjoy using it! Your post made me call our very dependable repair person and ask him about if our 23 year old stove acts up can he fix it. He told me the older ones are more basic and much easier to fix than newer ones, so I'm glad about that.

Sandra, I hope things work out for your niece. That is such a stressful situation. You are doing great with your walks.

Garrie, I hope you are okay-please take care! That is so wonderful that you had a live online class with Karen Voight! We loved the soup. It is from the blog Skinnytaste. I will definitely make it again soon.

Linda-sending hugs and best wishes for your surgery

Pam, how are you feeling today? Good luck teaching

Beth, the class sounds lovely!!!

Paine, how was your sleep last night? I think I slept five hours, which is better than the less than four hours I had Sunday and Monday night.

I'll hopefully be back later with yoga.....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 10:37 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hugs to all having a tough week; there's a lot going on right now!

I'm off today and will be going to the studio later to film my first video for the On Demand service.

Pam, I could see how the pre-choreo would be challenging.
Sherry, sorry about your poor sleep this week.
Pat, sounds like Lee was just the thing.
Sandra, glad they were able to at least reach a custody agreement!

I voted by mail, but I heard that around here there were bigger crowds for early voting than on election day. My sister (in Delaware) voted yesterday and waited 1 1/2 hours!

Follow me @YogiBethC