Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-20, 10:57 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Heather Robertson's Upper Body Strength Workout as well as an outdoor walk. Yesterday I just walked and unpacked. Friday was 12k hard-earned steps helping DH clean out the garage/carry boxes etc. into the house, and re-set up the garage. We were both tired and sore after that.

We are figuring out all the tech and studio things we will be upgrading at this point especially considering Black Friday deals that may help. We have a tendency to let our tech get a little old! It's annoying that all different software is now only available via subscription, where you have to pay a monthly cost. I like buying a program and owning it outright.

Linda, how funny that your SO was correcting your form! My DH needs form correction, lol.

Diana, did you get more sleep after that bad night?

Cynthia, hope you got that much-needed rest.

Lynn, do you think your mother will be able to go home anytime soon?

Cheryl
Old 11-08-20, 11:11 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes and yin yoga class on Zoom.

Linda, your SO is the best. Corrects your form, does all this work around the house. What a keeper!

Cheryl, still don't have any clarity on mom's discharge date. Her progress is really slow. It must be hard keeping up with tech. Things are changing constantly. I wish I could stick with my computer forever, but they never let me do it. I finally had to bag Windows 7.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 09:26 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Cheryl
Yes, I did sleep better. I'm thinking it was because of the coffee ice cream I had the night before. I never thought that would be a problem. Good luck with the tech stuff. So many decisions.

Lynn
I'm continuing to pray for your Mom.

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 04:46 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes

Diana, thanks so much. I got word that mom will be discharged on Friday, but that she has made little progress and will be in a wheel chair and a hospital bed and will be confined to one level of the home. She is only being discharged because of medicare rules.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 07:08 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Slept well, thanks.

Nice walk by the ocean. I bundled up for it. Cold but not at all windy. The coast is rocky and there are warning signs which tourists ignore about keeping off the rocks and the danger of waves sweeping you away. On Saturday, after the rain, the waves were huge and wild. Here was something that surprised me, never encountered it before: an apparently official car (although unmarked) contained an apparently official man (no uniform) bellowing with a bullhorn to come in from the rocks. Whoever he was, I was glad to see people obeying him.

Also, LBD day 8.

Lynn, I hope your mom will get the care she needs at home.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-20, 08:35 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Heather Robertson's Brutal Booty + Leg Slimming Workout! // No Equipment + No Repeats, which was more of a fusion workout, and I walked outdoors.

Lynn, praying for your mom!

Cynthia, that is interesting about the authoritative man. I'm glad he was keeping people safe!

DIana, good that you were able to sleep better. Interesting about the ice cream affecting you.

I just figured out that I am one of those people who can't tolerate much fructose. I was eating "light" yogurt and I was feeling week and dizzy afterward. I put two and two together. I never drink orange juice or other juices because they make me almost instantly feel sick. I looked it up, and about 30% of people do not absorb fructose well. They get these side effects. I can eat unsweetened yogurt that I sweeten myself with Stevia and have no issues. I put frozen berries in it, and also have no issues. Obviously not as much fructose in whole berries. So that is a mystery solved.
Old 11-09-20, 09:56 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Lynn Great news that your Mom will be discharged soon.

Cheryl
Have you had the issue with fructose for a while or is this new? DH has some type of food allergy that is new. My friend is allergic to tomatoes and this came about in the last year. Sometimes I think this stuff happens with age.

Cynthia Interesting about the alert. Years ago, when we were at the Outer Banks during a hurricane there were various flags that they flew to let everyone know about what was going on.

Waving Hi to Linda

No workout to report. I helped my friend do some painting. Her DH doesn't like projects (my DH hates it too). He is out of town and she wanted to paint her restroom. I got a lot of steps in though.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-10-20, 08:33 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 11-10-20, 06:50 PM  
seabliss

I worked late and I just don't feel like working out now, so I'm taking the day off. I did walk this morning at least.

Diana, I remember that I got really sick one time after drinking orange juice when I was in my twenties. I stopped drinking it then except in very small quantities and with food. I'm sure the acid in it affects me as well. But I did develop an allergy to penicillin during one of my miscarriages, so a little over ten years ago. I think we can develop allergies throughout our lives. But the fructose thing isn't an allergy, it's a natural inability to absorb fructose. At least that's what I read.

Cheryl
Old 11-10-20, 09:10 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I guess gluttony is my only food problem LOL.

DD's birthday is this Friday. She born on a Friday the 13th, and weighed 7 - 11. The numbers always amused me. She'll be having dinner with me, and requested goat cheese pasta, a recipe from Denise's Tone Your Tummy Type book. I love it too. She said all she wanted for her birthday was a lemon meringue pie. I found my old recipe. Haven't made it in years, but once won a white ribbon for it at the county fair. I did get her a sherpa vest after she admired the one I was wearing. It should be good for her to wear at work now that it's getting cold.

DD had the day off. We did chores, errands, and got groceries. Now I get to cook. I've give up trying to do a workout on this kind of day.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote