Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-06-19, 02:52 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I have both the Rip60 and TRX. I have had both for years and I use them regularly and both have held up well over the years. I use my Rip60 more often than the TRX because the handles are larger and wider and this makes foot placement easier. Also you can remove the handles and use alternate handles. I have used my D handles and even ankle straps with the Rip60. I do not find the handles uncomfortable. I also like that you can chose the rotation or no rotation with the Rip60.
I tend to train without shoes now but did appreciate the large openings on the Rip60 when I was in athletic shoes.
Old 01-06-19, 03:09 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan H View Post
Taiga, you are crazy strong if you can do those.
I did start them after my 1st round of STS because I was so much stronger/lighter after that. But I went on to work with pilates equipment and can definitely say that these type of workouts will also prep you for these TRX moves. In fact I use the double TRX workouts to offset the fact that I no longer have access to a cadillac (I have a reformer/tower combo that will let me get most of the moves).

Having said all that, weight is a huge part of it for me. If I gain even 5lbs, push ups and double ups get substantially harder (if not impossible). I lost 15-20lbs doing STS and I'm sure now that was a big part of getting a better push-up/pull-up etc count. Hard to believe that such a small amt of weight can make a difference but then you think about using micro weights/weight plates during heavy lifting. At some point, you just hit a wall or tipping point when you can't press out another ounce.
Old 01-06-19, 04:08 PM  
cjayd
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
ETA-- TRX sold off their dvd inventory on Amazon a few years back at 2.99-3.99 per. I bought them all (including the Pavel KB/TRX program) as streaming is not an option for me (and the streaming prices were higher then). I see they still have 1 lower priced DVD (Performance Team Sports) left on Amazon. It is a solid workout.
I love the Pavel TRX workouts. There is something with combining kettlebells and a suspension trainer that is subtly challenging. Lauren Brooks workout is that way for me too. Oh, and Tracey Staehle’s two workouts too.

I also haven’t had any trouble with clips on my JG.
cjayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 08:58 PM  
suegy3

I wonder if the clip issue on the JG is on fakes on Amazon. I’m seriously afraid to make a purchase like that on Amazon.

So I’m completely confused on which to get. Knowing what you know now, which would you get? I’m leaning towards rip 60 because it’s cheaper and has the dvds. But realistically, I probably won’t do the dvds. Just use them for exercise ideas.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-19, 11:03 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
I wonder if the clip issue on the JG is on fakes on Amazon. I’m seriously afraid to make a purchase like that on Amazon.

So I’m completely confused on which to get. Knowing what you know now, which would you get? I’m leaning towards rip 60 because it’s cheaper and has the dvds. But realistically, I probably won’t do the dvds. Just use them for exercise ideas.
Amazon has an excellent refund policy. If the JG set is defective, they will generally refund quickly and pay return shipping.

The Rip60 has also been great. It might be an excellent starter set for you and if you want to graduate to a more expensive TRX later, they have good Black Friday sales. Honestly, if you are leaning toward Rip60, it's an affordable choice and you'll likely enjoy it
Old 01-07-19, 09:08 AM  
suegy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Amazon has an excellent refund policy. If the JG set is defective, they will generally refund quickly and pay return shipping.

The Rip60 has also been great. It might be an excellent starter set for you and if you want to graduate to a more expensive TRX later, they have good Black Friday sales. Honestly, if you are leaning toward Rip60, it's an affordable choice and you'll likely enjoy it
Thank you! I really appreciate your input and advice. And that’s good to know about Amazon. I didn’t know about their return policy.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-19, 12:03 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjayd View Post
I love the Pavel TRX workouts. There is something with combining kettlebells and a suspension trainer that is subtly challenging. Lauren Brooks workout is that way for me too. Oh, and Tracey Staehle’s two workouts too.

I also haven’t had any trouble with clips on my JG.
Thanks for the reminder I haven't done the Staehle workouts in so long----I need to pull those out again! I remember liking them but gravitated toward other instructors and sort of forgot them.
Old 01-08-19, 09:43 PM  
lorajc

Not to be Debbie Downer....but be safe and careful! Mine came out of the door and I flles across the room and landed on my wrist resulting in a Colles fracture (bad -- splintered and jand jammed into a V)I unfamiliar with it. Now I have plate and screws. Haven't used it since.... But I just got it out to use....but I'll be super careful !!!!
We
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-19, 11:08 PM  
rheash92

Where is everyone mounting the trainers? I’m also interested in getting one. Thanks!
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-19, 12:23 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by rheash92 View Post
Where is everyone mounting the trainers? I’m also interested in getting one. Thanks!
I hang my trainers on the ceiling, though I can also use the Invisi-mounts (mostly placed for the rip trainer) I have placed in several rooms. I much prefer the ceiling.
Taiga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jungle gym, jungle gym xt, rip 60, rip:60, suspension trainer, trx