Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-17, 05:11 PM  
Zenara25

I can't get PBS, FOX, The CW or CBS So that's why I use PS Vue. NBC and ABC aren't perfect reception but tolerable. I get ION, SHOP, QVC, HSN. Funny how the shopping channels come in great

The CW is actually free on their own website or app. So it's not included in PS Vue. You do have to watch commercials though.
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-17, 05:35 PM  
Carol K

That IS funny. I used to have a terrible problem with CBS, which is the channel I record the most. It was because it was the only network in Chicago on a VHS channel. But now they've created a UHS channel for CBS, so that problem is resolved. I used to use Chromecast to watch CBS most of the time and now I mainly use it for BeMax workouts.
Old 05-15-17, 05:48 PM  
pfhanna

Didn't read thru this entire thread but has anyone tried youtube TV??? Thanks, Pam
Old 05-16-17, 09:07 AM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfhanna View Post
Didn't read thru this entire thread but has anyone tried youtube TV??? Thanks, Pam
I have purchased content from Google and it is available both in the Play Movies app as well as in the Youtube app. It's the same content that you can purchase from Amazon or other providers. I have not tried any of Google's original content.
Old 05-17-17, 12:36 PM  
ellaenchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sissy B View Post
Cable internet is my best option where I live right now so I have no plans to get rid of that, but the main reason I haven't gotten rid of cable TV is that I can't figure out how to access the sports channels without it. We are big college football fans and you have to have a cable subscription for WatchESPN. You can't access it otherwise. We do have a ROKU for Netflix and we all love it.
This is why my husband won't get rid of it. College football and European soccer. It's his thing and he doesn't really spend on any other hobbies so I just live with.

For myself, I could easily do without cable TV and haven't had a landline since 2003. I would pay for internet service though because I like fast, reliable service.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-17, 06:07 PM  
Carol K

I know more than one person who would be willing to get rid of cable TV, except for sports. Fortunately, my husband and I don't watch sports.
Old 05-17-17, 06:57 PM  
Sissy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I know more than one person who would be willing to get rid of cable TV, except for sports. Fortunately, my husband and I don't watch sports.
Sometimes it's the only thing we watch.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-17, 07:20 PM  
Izzy

It is the only thing I watch. It's the only reason why I keep cable. I have been following this thread hoping someone would share how I can watch sports and not have cable.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-17, 07:33 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
DH and DS watch a lot of sports. SlingTV has all ESPNs (and SECTV...)
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, canceling cable, cord cutting, internet provider