Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-15-20, 12:23 PM  
Mell

Mell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 06:05 PM  
Leonana

Today I did Jessica Smith’s 21 Day dvd Low Impact HIIT.

Boy, our weather can’t make up its mind. It was 44 degrees when I got up this morning and I turned on the heater. Now this afternoon, I turned on the a/c. I go back and forth between pants and shorts lol. The highs were in the 60’s then 70’s, but today and next week is high 80’s. Week after that should be back to the 70’s.

Kelly, I’m glad your husband is feeling better. Even a mild virus is stressful nowadays.
Old 11-16-20, 11:03 AM  
Catahoula Cate

Sherry, I had to look up jumping cactus. Wow, that sounds very painful. I am such a klutz. I would not fair well in an area with jumping cactus. Glad you were able to get them out yourself and kitty was okay.

Mell, glad your husband is better and it was a short lived virus whatever it was.

Quit sitting!! Joints and muscles love motion!

Do The Next Thing!
Catahoula Cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-20, 06:26 PM  
Leonana

Katie, usually you would only find a jumping cactus in the desert. No one, for obvious reasons, plants them in their landscaping. However, this rental house I lived in actually had one in the backyard. Someone made a mistake, lol. But as long as you don't get close to them, it's not a problem.
Old 11-23-20, 02:06 AM  
Vantreesta

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=229860

December thread is up
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:50 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a check in. I'm not up for more than that tonight. This afternoon I did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast premix 3 Timesaver rounds 1-6. This was supposed to have been the full workout and done Thursday but it is what it is. I did the premix bc it was almost 3:30 by the time I was able to get started.

Last week I started the Perfect 30/XTrain rotation with another check in buddy. She is on track, I am not! But anyway, last Monday I did Qigong day 8, TurboJam Burn and Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Lower Body + extended stretch. Wednesday I did XTrain All Out Low Impact HIIT + bonus core #1. Thursday I did Qigong day 9, Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Upper Body and Tamilee's floor stretch.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-24-20, 03:08 PM  
Vantreesta

I did it! Perfect 30 High Impact HIIT was tough but I didn't hate it. If my fitness level was higher I would think it was really fun (although maybe not for once a week). I was really surprised I could mostly keep up bc I have been feeling like the other workouts so far have been kicking my butt. There were a few times I modified bc my feet aren't used to that much jumping but overall it went well. Yesterday I was feeling down about my weight and how out of shape I am but I tried to spin it to positive today: if I'm that out of shape then I should see some results more quickly! After HIIT I did Mobility Basics plus bonus core. I liked Mobility and it was easy for me. Core work was tougher and I couldn't do the banana hold thing, the first exercise, but I modified and moved on.

I have my last ALS support group in an hour and a half then I'll be putting together some main dishes for the holiday wknd. Leftovers for supper tonight, yay!

Old 11-24-20, 07:33 PM  
Leonana

I'm doing some Jessica strength workouts, and some I've found at Goodwill. Today I found two pink firms and 10MS Tone Trouble Zones band workout. I need to do some cardio, but Tuesdays is walking around Goodwills, Thursdays I do my volunteer filing and ride my exercise bike in the evenings, and Saturdays I clean the house. I feel like I'm missing out not doing any cardio workouts.

Vannie, congrats on doing the HIIT. That's a good accomplishment.
Old 11-24-20, 09:13 PM  
MathTeacher

I did one of my all time favorites today, Mari Winsor Bun and Thigh.

Sherry, Are you going to get the new Jessicas? I may get the yoga/pilates one, but the stretch does not do it for me.

Vannie, good job on the Hiit workout!

My brother and his wife both have covid. She is pretty sick and has no energy. He has lost smell and taste, but has no other symptoms.
Old 11-25-20, 11:21 AM  
Leonana

MT, so sorry to hear about your brother and sister in law. I hope they recover soon.

Yes, I'll get both of Jessica's dvds. The only stretch dvds I have are her dvds, so I can add another one to the mix. The Pilates Yoga sounds interesting. Although, I might have to skip the floor work workout, if it has a lot of ab work on the floor. I'm okay with all other floor work, but crunches and leg lifts hurt my lower back. I'm hoping she has a strength dvd coming too.