Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-22-20, 01:41 PM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of November 22

Good morning everyone. My workout yesterday was LITE Pyramid total body up premix.

I hope everyone is having a good Sunday. Waves!
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 07:20 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Thanks for starting us off JBliff. I am looking forward to a shorter workweek of only 3 days. It has been pretty stressful lately.

Judi and I ran 9 miles this am. 4 minutes running and 1 minute walking. It was a beautiful cool morning. We have a group training for a virtual half marathon and/or marathon in early spring. If a real, small, safe marathon is on the horizon at that time we can sign up. We all felt we needed something to train for to give us a sense of purpose.

Waves to Cher and Vannie and Gibbee. Kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 08:28 AM  
Cher

It’s been a crazy week. We still are still dog sitting. Long story so may get back later to tell. Just wanted to pop in and say hi for now.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 01:07 PM  
JBliff

My workout yesterday was a hour-long walk with DH + a Namaste Yoga segment from TV. It was a lovely day--50s and sunny.

Cher - Now you've got my curiosity up. I hope things are well.

Karjoy
- Sounds good to train for a possible event. I don't know where we'll be in early spring though.

Hi to Gibbee and Vannie. Have a good day, everyone.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 08:31 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Rest day for me. It was a challenging Monday for sure.

Jbliff you are so right. Who knows where we will be in early spring? I think a lot of us just feel the need to train for something if for no other reason than distraction.
Interestingly, my running coach is going to try this on a small scale: a group of runners, 8 I think, are going to do a virtual run together this weekend. Judi and I are going. We will start in small groups of 2-3, and while waiting to start we must be masked and stay masked till we get started good and will naturally separate. Also, while we wait to start each of us must be at least 6 feet apart. All informal and in good fun but safe. My friend the coach is calling it the Fat Ass Run!

Cher sorry things are hectic. Give us the scoop when you get time. Is it pretty cold for you yet?

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee, kareng
Old 11-23-20, 09:42 PM  
Cher

Ok, real quick, here’s the scoop.... We ended up having to keep my SIL’s dog up until this evening. My BIL, ended up being sick starting Wed, Nov 11. He was still sick this past Friday and was having a little trouble breathing. He lives by himself and ended up calling 911 for himself. He did walk out to the ambulance (he was worried about the neighbors seeing him being carried out on a stretcher ). They diagnosed him with pneumonia and yes, caused by Covid. The dog problem was that BIL has a dog (Max) and since we haven’t seen Max much, he doesn’t know us, so my SIL had to take him. She said it was just two much having my MIL and these 2 dogs running around chasing each other so we kept her dog since she knows us well. Btw, my sister’s BF picked up Max and did not go in my BIL condo since he was cooped up & sick for 10 days in there. He just opened the door and called Max and he came running to him.

Anyway, my BIL was released from the hospital about 4:00 today. Since he still has to quarantine for 10 days, a friend of his offered to pick him up from the hospital instead of any of us. He won’t be at TG because of the quarantine. but my SIL is having TG at their condo (just us and them), it is down a couple buildings from my BIL’s so they will go run a plate down to him and leave it on his porch. He’s still pretty weak and very tired. Hopefully he keeps moving forward on his recovery.

Workout was just a quickie....Perfect 30 Pump Chest & Triceps.

Karen - Your run sounds like fun (and safe). It is a bit chilly....highs in the 40’s. Saturday may get to upper 50’s for one day and one day only! Lol. Not sure if I told you Gibbee & I do message usually a couple times a week.

JBliff - Enjoy those nice sunny temps.

Waves Vannie & Gibbee.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:45 PM  
Vantreesta

Just a check in. I'm not up for more than that tonight. This afternoon I did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast premix 3 Timesaver rounds 1-6. This was supposed to have been the full workout and done Thursday but it is what it is. I did the premix bc it was almost 3:30 by the time I was able to get started.

Last week I started the Perfect 30/XTrain rotation with another check in buddy. She is on track, I am not! But anyway, last Monday I did Qigong day 8, TurboJam Burn and Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Lower Body + extended stretch. Wednesday I did XTrain All Out Low Impact HIIT + bonus core #1. Thursday I did Qigong day 9, Perfect 30 Perfect Pump Upper Body and Tamilee's floor stretch.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-20, 09:49 PM  
Vantreesta

Cheryl, I'm sorry to hear your BIL is so sick. Praying he wasn't released too early and will recover fully.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-24-20, 03:09 PM  
Vantreesta

I did it! Perfect 30 High Impact HIIT was tough but I didn't hate it. If my fitness level was higher I would think it was really fun (although maybe not for once a week). I was really surprised I could mostly keep up bc I have been feeling like the other workouts so far have been kicking my butt. There were a few times I modified bc my feet aren't used to that much jumping but overall it went well. Yesterday I was feeling down about my weight and how out of shape I am but I tried to spin it to positive today: if I'm that out of shape then I should see some results more quickly! After HIIT I did Mobility Basics plus bonus core. I liked Mobility and it was easy for me. Core work was tougher and I couldn't do the banana hold thing, the first exercise, but I modified and moved on.

I have my last ALS support group in an hour and a half then I'll be putting together some main dishes for the holiday wknd. Leftovers for supper tonight, yay!

Old 11-24-20, 09:33 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Vannie good to hear from you and great workouts! I say modify your rotation in any way you need to. I’m impressed you did so well with Perfect HIIT.

I’m going Covid crazy down here. So many patients testing +. So many questions. A patient I talked to today was saying how crowded the testing site he visited was. He estimates 400 people were in line waiting! It does move quickly though.

5 mile run tonight. Solo which is good occasionally.

Cher glad your BIL got out of hospital. That’s always a good thing.

Jbliff thinking of you and Gibbee. Kareng