Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-25-20, 06:39 AM  
JBliff

Total Max Mixers - Week of October 25

Hi all. My workout yesterday was a 40-minute morning walk with DH + Muscle Max total body time saver premix in the afternoon.

Karjoy - Ugh, your review of the workout is making me frustrated that my DVDs are stuck somewhere in limbo. The tracking has been showing the DVDs on its way from a town 50 miles away for 2 days now. They were originally showing an arrival date of Saturday, but now there is not even an expected arrival date .

Vannie - I can't believe you already got your DVDs all the way in MN. I might do a rotation but if Cathe comes up with a good one. I do enjoy yoga a lot too but I can't do more than 30 minutes max at a time.

Gibbee - We're here for you if you need us.

Cher - Hope all is well with you.
JBliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 07:15 AM  
Cher

Hi everyone!

Thursday’s workout was KCM Body Training workout #1. On Friday it was so nice outside in the morning, I just couldn’t pass up one last (unbundled up) walk outside. It ended up being about an hour. By afternoon clouds came in, wind started blowing and temps dropped about 20 degrees. 😟. Yesterday was my own shortened up mix of Cathe’s Terminator The Viper workout. I did the first two intervals as is skipping the lower body work, then the last 2 intervals I did just the IMax 2 step combos & upper body. Brought the workout down to about 50 minutes from 1 hour 20 minutes.

My Cathe dvds should be here Monday.

Vannie - Wow, I’m surprised you got your Cathe dvds before mine got here. Did you preorder early? Back to the discussion about streaming services, I normally don’t pay for them either. Dvds are just so much easier for me to use and plus, like you said, they are mine forever! I only decided to do Travis. IDTV because he offered the 50% off deal for the year and I figured I had birthday money and had been wanting to go take a few yoga classes again which i think is really expensive to do. I like Travis’ site a lot but will not pay full price for it when my year is up. I would love to do a yoga weekend with Travis! That would be awesome! I was so sorry to hear you had a rough day last week. I hope you are feeling better now.

JBliff - That is so annoying when you know the post office has a package of yours and it just sits there.

Karen - Wow, I can’t believe you got your dvds so fast! Lucky you! Thanks for your thought on your preview of Perfect Pump! Even though I did not get my Cathe dvds yet, I downloaded the user guide and look through it. I did notice the bonus workout on the cardio dvd might be a possibility for me to get some use out of that dvd......not sure but the descriptions sound like it might just be done on a step. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Gibbee - Thinking of you. Miss you here but I definitely understand. Pop in again when you feel up to it.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-20, 05:24 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. Thanks for starting us off JBliff.

Well I did do Perfect 30 UB today and really liked it a lot. I can see myself reaching for it often. This would be a really good do one body part a day DVD. Every upper body part is well worked. Have all your weights ready. This moves quickly as you might expect. I paused it a few times because I really don’t need a cardio effect. Cathe packs 25 minutes of weights in about 31 minutes. There is almost no cooldown but the warm up is fine. I went lighter on some things than Cathe because I have not done heavy weights in a while. And I can’t see myself doing the overhead triceps press with a 35# dumbbell anytime soon like Cathe did. The use of the tubing is a nice change. Gonna preview the Mobility workout tomorrow.

Jbliff hope you get your DVDs tomorrow. How frustrating!

Cher glad you got a good walk in before you have much cold weather. The other cardio workout on Perfect 30 is low impact. Maybe that will grab you.

Vannie I can’t wait to see what you think of the Cathes. I hope the Yoga one does not move too fast.

Hugs Gibbee, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-20, 07:24 AM  
JBliff

Hi all. My workout yesterday was 45 minutes on the elliptical + a Namaste Yoga segment I recorded on my TV.

Karjoy
- The UB workout sounds awesome. I don't think I've ever used more than 30 lbs for overhead presses. Unfortunately my DVDs are still in limbo somewhere. As of this morning there is no expected arrival date shown on the tracking page.

Cher
- I don't think I've ever done any of the Terminator workouts. I hope you get your DVDs today!

Waves to Vannie and Gibbee. Have a good day, all.
Old 10-26-20, 08:37 PM  
Cher

I had to be at my SIL’s to take care of my MIL early this morning so just did a quick walking workout off YouTube......Rick Bhuller Fitness 20 Minute Fast Walk.

My sister got bad news.....her cancer is active again. We’re not sure what exactly the next step is. Possibly surgery. We are not sure how bad it is yet. It did not show up in her CT scan in Sept but her back was hurting then and has just gotten worse so she called her doctor back and insisted something was wrong. (Her original doctor retired in June so she has a new doctor....Sept was the first time she had gone to the new doctor). This doctor sent her for an ultrasound which showed nothing so my sister insisted on an MRI. Thank goodness for her persistence because the MRI is what showed the cancer.

Also, I have a cousin (Chad) who is in the hospital and is very sick and in ICU (not for Covid). They are not exactly sure what is wrong but he’s not doing well. I’m tired right now so will explain more tomorrow. Please keep my sister and my cousin in your prayers.

My dvds also came today but since I was at my MIL’s all day I did not get to preview them. I will try one tomorrow.

Karen - thanks for your thoughts on the Perfect 30 workout.

JBliff - I hope your dvds arrive soon.
Old 10-27-20, 06:23 AM  
Cher

Back to fill in about my cousin. He is 31 years old and was a premie baby and had to have a shunt put in when he was a baby. He has had so many surgeries over the years with replacement shunts and adjustments to it over the years. He has been sick off and on a lot more over this past summer and my aunt has had him to the hospitals numerous times without them figuring out what was the cause. Finally a few weeks ago she took him back to the hospital and insisted they admit him. They finally found out he has an infection in his blood. He had a surgery to take out part of his shunt a few weeks ago (the part that went to his heart) and a couple days ago they took out the rest in his brain. He was doing okay the first 2 days after surgery but then took a turn for the worst and does not know my aunt or uncle right now. We’re hoping this is temporary but do not know. Please keep my sister and my cousin in your prayers.
Old 10-27-20, 07:29 AM  
JBliff

Cher - I am so sorry to hear about your sister and cousin. I will keep them (and you) in my thoughts. What a year it's been.
Old 10-27-20, 11:56 AM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Cher you and your family are in my thoughts. Kareng
Old 10-27-20, 07:28 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi guys. I have not had time to preview any more Cathe DVDs. Sorry. Might try again tomorrow.

Jbliff did you get your DVDs yet? Gosh I hope so. And knowing that it is pretty close by too.

I ran 3.2 miles work. It was very humid as it had rained. We are supposed to get almost cold weather this weekend. Yay!

Cher any updates on your cousin and sister? Hopefully your cousin is doing a bit better, and hoping there are new medications your sister can try.

Waves to Vannie.

Gibbee I hope your employer has been generous with time off for you. How is your daughter doing? I hope you have been able to rest some.

Kareng
Old 10-28-20, 05:15 AM  
JBliff

I finally got my DVDs yesterday. I actually had to chase down the mailman because he dropped some flyers in our mailbox and walked off without delivering the DVDs. I caught him 3 doors down, and he told me he just realized he forgot to give me my package. Likely story, right?

Unfortunately I had been awake since 2 a.m. so I didn't have any energy to do anything more strenuous than the Yoga workout + bonus core. I enjoyed it a lot. It wasn't hard but it was good, moving fairly briskly without too many repetitions. I really liked the background. It reminded me a lot of Hawaii.

Karjoy - I'm planning to try one of the Pump workouts today--either lower or upper body.

Cher - I hope your sister gets some clarity about what treatments are possible, and your cousin is doing better.

Gibbee
- I hope you are holding up OK.

Vannie - I hope you are doing OK too.

Waves to all.