Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-12-10, 07:19 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Thanks for this thread. I don't have any Bar Methods, but I have the P57s and love them. Maybe I don't need Bar Method after all, or I can wait until I have some disposable income (hahahahahahaha)
Barb
Old 02-12-10, 07:26 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

Now see, the new Bar Methods make me want to poke my eye out. I didn't feel particularly worked either and for this ADD adult, the speed was torture. They aren't as slow as the Core Fusions, but slow. I love all the P57s but I have to admit, the first time I "did" Tanya, I thought it was too much chatter. Now I'm working too hard to care. Personally, I'd take Tanya as an instructor over Burr in a heartbeat. Burr has some kinda "attitude" thing going on, IMO. But Burr DOES give good form pointers if you're new to the genre.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 07:51 PM  
faith458

I think it really all comes down to personal preference. I started with the new bar methods and switched to P57 when they came out. I tried to like them, but for me they became more about endurance than about really focusing on the muscle. I went back to TBM and added Pure Barre and Core Fusion workouts. I like the slower pace and for me I get more DOMS from doing those workouts and focusing on my form. I have pulled P57 arms and abs once for a short workout. Shelly doesn't bother me. The intensity of the express workout does. I've just reached a point in my life where I want to do workouts I like.

Faith
faith458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 07:54 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I didn't like any of the original Bar Methods, even the new Change Your Body, while pretty good, it's not a must have for me, although I DO have it. Now, the Accelerated Workout is another story. I love this workout! It's very challenging and time flies. I definitely recommend the Accelerated Workout, but because of how they price it (1 DVD for 20 or 2 for 30) you might as well buy both, and you won't be disappointed. Oh, and I also have all 3 P57 w/o and they are different than Bar Methods, so much so, that I would recommend both BM and P57.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-10, 09:04 PM  
atiman

I like BM and P57 and I would not want to get rid of these or have to choose between them.

I like BM for the days I just want a quiet relaxing workout with a soothing voice. BM is easy for me to pull out and just do it. There's also a less dread factor to these for me. I know she gets really tough in the accelerated, but by that time I'm already in full swing of the workout. I just say to myself it's only the thigh part that I have to get through and it's done. But she tricks me everytime. I've forgotten about the other stuff she has in store for me in the rest of the workout.

Then there are the days I want noise or something that's going to get me going. Once I pop in the dvd, the starting music has me already going. P57 is great for those days. Of course, again I start out thinking that it's not going to be so bad, but it gets me burning, too. Also, I think P57 get me more sweaty.
atiman is offline   Reply With Quote